Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 12:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
You go with the most negative take possible as truth when it comes to Trump and you buy the spin excuse when it comes to Biden, that's the ONLY difference. Biden was bought by Burisma and was acting on their behalf... it's the only reason they hired his son, they knew he could be bought. He found a way to excuse his corrupt behavior, but he did the same thing Trump did, only he did it for money.
You condemn Biden without any evidence, and you are one of the people who would defend Trump to the death if he shot someone on Broadway with hundreds of witnesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 12:58 PM

996 posts, read 379,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, my first paragraph isn't an opinion. It is FACT. There certainly are laws against political campaigns and political candidates seeking and using foreign help to win elections.

And the Mueller Report did not come up empty. The President was NOT exonerated.

There was no Russian hoax and there is no Ukraine Hoak. No matter how badly you want to believe.
When the IG looked at the transcript, the opinion was that no laws were broken. I am well aware of political campaign finance laws as Obama paid some fines

The vast majority of the time in American history, not being charged, not being held accountable, is usually accepted as not being culpable for any of the allegations. Exoneration isn't part of that vocabulary.

There indeed was a Russian Hoax. $ 30 million dollars given to Lawyers to find something to hold the POTUS accountable, and they came up empty. Of course, they bagged a dozen Russians sitting in a bunker in the tundra, but nothing related to the POTUS. Nothing at all.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:00 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
You condemn Biden without any evidence, and you are one of the people who would defend Trump to the death if he shot someone on Broadway with hundreds of witnesses.
"Without evidence"

The fact that his actions directly benefited a company under investigation that had just hired his crackhead son to a high paying position he was completely unqualified for is evidence of corruption.

I'm the one however pointing out that his corruption cannot be proven, so I'm not calling for charges.

There's less evidence against Trump, and absolutely no way to prove anything, but you want charges brought.... who is really being unreasonable here?

Try to look beyond tribal loyalty for a while.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:40 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
But as stated before, you can't have a quid pro quo without all the elements in place.
It may have been an attempt at one, but that is also an opinion. If all of the elements were met, yes, but that isn't the case.

It wasn't a " special computer". It was another storage device used for more sensitive material. This was not the first and only document to be placed there. Regardless, the handing of document sin the White House is a Staff issue, not one to be " investigated" as part of " over sight". The reason is that the document was released to the public, so it didn't matter if it was under the garbage pail or in a suitcase in the basement.

I mean, isn't the standard now that secure servers can be located in the ceiling of bathrooms ?

You're right, the fact that the whistle blower could ignite this investigation when impeachment was officially off the table is looking like it may have been because once again, the Dems are behind it.

The nonsense regarding the election is just that, nonsense. The Election is over a year away. Biden hasn't even been nominated. There isn't even a Ballot created yet. He is just an American citizen , who may very well have been involved as VP is some questionable situations. Is that to say that all 20 Democrats that were first interested would be exempt from any and all investigations involving corruption with foreign governments ?

What part of the Constitution is he violating ? Where ?

Based on the reaction from House Repubs , I wouldn't place any bets on the Senate convicting and removing POTUS. So you probably have that right.
You have an attempt at a qui pro quo that would have involved Ukraine in our elections. It is not nonsense, by the way. It really happened, and for the reason stated. Our coming election is already in process. Biden IS a candidate for the Democratic nomination, and has been front runner most of the time since he declared.

Old 10-31-2019, 01:41 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
"Without evidence"

The fact that his actions directly benefited a company under investigation that had just hired his crackhead son to a high paying position he was completely unqualified for is evidence of corruption.

I'm the one however pointing out that his corruption cannot be proven, so I'm not calling for charges.

There's less evidence against Trump, and absolutely no way to prove anything, but you want charges brought.... who is really being unreasonable here?

Try to look beyond tribal loyalty for a while.
Except it didn't. As has been demonstrated and cited to you more than once.

Why don't you look beyond tribal loyalty for a while?

Old 10-31-2019, 01:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/4056323002/

Here is an article I found to give clarity to a previous question about what in the Constitution DJT is accused of violating. It is not a long read, and it is succinct and understandable.

Old 10-31-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Except it didn't. As has been demonstrated and cited to you more than once.

Why don't you look beyond tribal loyalty for a while?
You've parroted factually inaccurate propaganda, but you won't convince anyone with it.

As to my party loyalty, I'm neither a Republican nor Democrat... so that's not really a problem for me.

Old 10-31-2019, 02:26 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
You've parroted factually inaccurate propaganda, but you won't convince anyone with it.

As to my party loyalty, I'm neither a Republican nor Democrat... so that's not really a problem for me.
How is it "factually inaccurate"?

Old 10-31-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
How is it "factually inaccurate"?
You keep saying that the investigation into Burisma was paused or inactive, that's factually inaccurate according to what was being said and done by the company and what the prosecutor who was fired to kill the investigation says.

If it was truly inactive, Burisma would have never hired Biden's crackhead son to buy Joe Bidens assistance in killing the investigation.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:30 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,277,593 times
Quote:
You keep saying that the investigation into Burisma was paused or inactive, that's factually inaccurate according to what was being said and done by the company and what the prosecutor who was fired to kill the investigation says.

If it was truly inactive, Burisma would have never hired Biden's crackhead son to buy Joe Bidens assistance in killing the investigation.
Then why did Biden then lobby them for more investigations and to fire the prosecutor who wouldn't do it? You are deep down the rabbit hole my friend when this is sufficient for you, but the president, in his own voice, on tape (and heard by person after person testifying they heard it in congress), solicits an investigation of his political rival by a foreign government, isn't enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies