Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2019, 06:30 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times

Advertisements

While as much as social media, the news and this forum makes us feel like everyone across the country is in turmoil with each other, I don't think it's the case with the exception of certain areas. Still, I feel this will be a good watch. And if the leftists made a film like this, I'd watch that as well. It's good to research the extremes on each side and then make ones own decision.

https://youtu.be/TTOQGvXbZY8

Old 10-29-2019, 07:01 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
I want to see it. I know some people who went in Phoenix and spoke highly of it.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:04 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
the title sounds like a horror move for leftists

Old 10-29-2019, 02:57 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
I personally agree with the title in that IMO there should be no "safe spaces" in public universities in particular. Safe space should be at home. As a black woman it personally bothers me when black college students and young people b**ch about "safe spaces" at public schools in particular. I always tell them if they want to be in a safe place in college, they should go to an HBCU. I did. It causes you to be educated in your true culture and not see your life as something to respond to the idiocy of racism all the time. You learn to recognize that it is "their" problem moreso than yours and teaches you how to maneuver the world and deal with "them" and their issues.

That said, I thought the trailer was not very good and it didn't seem like it would be a good movie. Too many extremist figures were shown, other than Tim Allen. Cornell West, I actually follow him on social media and he is very liberal and is not in line with the majority opinion of African Americans in particular.

I'll also note that the focus of the movie seems to be on liberals and this ignores the fact that conservatives today do the same thing. They are always "offended" about someone speaking ill of their religion or some sort of business not being ignored while they treat people like sh**. So all political sides have these sorts of extremist biases and conservatives are just as bad as liberals on these issues. In many ways they are worse IMO and FWIW liberals actually really get on my nerves, especially white liberals always wanting to claim to be my "ally." It irks me but the crazier conservatives irk me more since they just want to go back to the "good old days" where you could terrorize someone and everyone would ignore what you're doing.

Old 10-29-2019, 03:10 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Ok I’m a leftist (on most things) millennial but I 100% agree that the outrage culture among young leftists has gotten out of control.

We have a 1st amendment in this country and no one has a right not to be offended by someone else.

TTFUBC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies