Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2019, 06:43 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
There is a thread about this. White people have voted republican over democrat in every presidential race for decades. So it shouldn’t be surprising that it was any different for Obama.
I'm talking about like "60% of whites vote, and go 60-40 R in normal elections. However, for Obama, there were 70% of whites vote, and they voted 80-20 R". That would mean MORE showed up, and even some "normal" voters suddenly turned R to vote against "the black guy".

He's claimed all non-liberal whites are racist. Certainly, they would be REALLY motivated to not have a Black President and would show up and vote their best so it didn't happen.

That, or move out of the country.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:46 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I strongly disagree. There is such a thing as "Black American Culture" and I believe that most black Americans would disagree with you on that. They have their own unique English dialect aka ebonics. They have created wonderful unique styles of music, such as gospel, blues, jazz, Motown, hip-hop and rap. Yes, the majority of them are christians, but some are muslim and even jewish. And they also have their voodoo and other folk beliefs too.
I have never heard a black person speak in ebonics or use it in facebook. Their own slang, yes, but not ebonics.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Oh so do you engage in and approve of "steering"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I see a new dog whistle was blown.

From the Bureau of Justice Statistics (bjs.gov):

Old 11-03-2019, 06:56 PM

All of the black people that I know speak Standard American English. Do ALL Asians speak "clipped" English? Stop that nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I strongly disagree. There is such a thing as "Black American Culture" and I believe that most black Americans would disagree with you on that. They have their own unique English dialect aka ebonics. They have created wonderful unique styles of music, such as gospel, blues, jazz, Motown, hip-hop and rap. Yes, the majority of them are christians, but some are muslim and even jewish. And they also have their voodoo and other folk beliefs too.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:59 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
I'm talking about like "60% of whites vote, and go 60-40 R in normal elections. However, for Obama, there were 70% of whites vote, and they voted 80-20 R". That would mean MORE showed up, and even some "normal" voters suddenly turned R to vote against "the black guy".

He's claimed all non-liberal whites are racist. Certainly, they would be REALLY motivated to not have a Black President and would show up and vote their best so it didn't happen.

Everyone pretty much knows that without the numbers anyway, at least those who are being honest.
Basically normal. Not only that but fewer white voters even bothered to turn up to vote. Same deal with feminists. They figured Hillary was a shoe-in as so many women would flood the pools to vote for another women. Most women aren't really feminists though, just as most blacks aren't black nationalists and most whites aren't terrified of a black person moving into the neighborhood (let alone running the damn country which is a much bigger deal). Those are radicals and most people aren't.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:02 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:

He is wrong, but he is only repeating what he gets told over and over again by liberals.

Obama got the highest white male vote of any democrat since Carter, at 41%. White females voted for him at 39%, which was only slightly lower than they voted for Gore. But keep in mind that McCain had a woman on his ticket.

https://www.politico.com/story/2008/...ama-won-015297

Old 11-03-2019, 07:03 PM

How do you know that they don't

My family is FULL of black Republicans and has been for GENERATIONS. You have no idea nor concern about the thoughts of black conservatives beyond a random Faux News talking head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
How come you don’t see black conservatives whining about white flight, or white privilege, or police brutality, or being perpetual victims of racism and all the myriad of white suprmacists around every corner?

With liberalism it’s about continual victim identity. You succeed and get ahead by being a victim of SOMETHING.
With comservatives it’s about personal responsibility.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:22 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Now be fair. Isn't it possible that the majority of whites who didn't vote for Obama didn't because they disagreed with his politics? I know that's why I didn't vote for him. I never really took issue with his wife because she really was a non-factor in my life.

Yes many who voted against Obama didn't like his race, but I would like to see some real evidence that whites who voted against him only did so based upon his race and not his politics.

I detested his use of class warfare, but more than that I had real issues with some of his supporters. Everything became racist with them.

Now what is also possible is that Many who voted for Obama only did so because they wanted a black president.

He wasn't our worst president. US Grant and a few others make Trump look solid. I would say Obama was average.
Well...lets be fair on the other side as well. Could it be that some whites voted for him, even though they were not happy with a black person becoming president, because of his politics and not wanting Republicans to win?

If people can say that white people voting for Obama was a demonstration that whites are no longer racist, then it can be argued that whites voting against him is a demonstration that those whites are racist. That's fair....right? You cannot say that politics had something to do with whites NOT voting for him without acknowledging that politics could be a reason why whites DID vote for him, notwithstanding his race.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 11-03-2019 at 07:40 PM..

Old 11-03-2019, 07:27 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
How do you know that they don't

My family is FULL of black Republicans and has been for GENERATIONS. You have no idea nor concern about the thoughts of black conservatives beyond a random Faux News talking head.
Conservative is different than republican. That you don't understand that, doesn't surprise me one bit.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:28 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
No it isn't. Because I'm not talking about one personal experience that I had, I'm talking about what happened in an entire neighborhood over a period of many years. But I guess that my neighborhood was just very, very unique, huh? That what happened in my neighborhood has never happened anywhere else ever, in the history of time? That somehow my crime-ridden neighborhood was completely different from all of the other crime-ridden inner-city neighborhoods throughout the nation? Is that what you're telling me?

Oh, and you posted a video about the "fallacy of division," not the "fallacy of composition."
Your neighborhood is simply one in millions of neighborhoods that have also existed over a period of years. Dude, you have a sampling error. Your sample is to small to make a claim about the nation as a whole. The margin of error is like +/- 50.

Yes....I realized that the video did not match what I said....but I had something come up and did not have time to change it. Thanks though. At least you got something right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies