Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 10:32 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
We don't know that. That's why we have an impeachment process. If he is truly innocent, then the House won't vote to impeach or the Senate won't vote to convict.
Absolutely true, it's the same reason we impeached Bill Clinton. He lied to Congress, as was proven clearly during the impeachment inquiry. Then the Senate had to decide whether that offense was truly a "high crime or misdemeanor". They decided it wasn't.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:34 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
We don't know that. That's why we have an impeachment process. If he is truly innocent, then the House won't vote to impeach or the Senate won't vote to convict.
Riiight. Because the Democrats have been so aboveboard in their dealings with Trump and the American people.

It's almost a guarantee that the Democrat majority House will vote to impeach. The Senate will not convict. Then we will have to deal with Democrats calling for a change to impeachment procedures that keep them from getting their way, just as they have called for changes to the Electoral College and judicial appointments because they didn't get their way. Half the country will support them and/or excuse their behavior while the adults shake their heads and wonder where and when our country got screwed up enough for 2016 to have even happened.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:41 AM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
I understand the Democrats frustration. It's got to be a living hell for them. What's worse is they figured out they can't beat Trump at the polls, can't have him removed from office, no wonder they want a conservative like Pence. anyone but Trump, meanwhile the country is running like a well oiled machine as the whimpering House Democrats clown on.

Old 10-31-2019, 10:44 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
We kept that POS Obama around for 8 long miserable years so we can keep Trump for 8 years.
Trump is his own worst enemy. He openly shows he’s an admirer of dictators around the world. He tweets like a crazy teenager. He doesn’t read, tells lies everytime he opens his big thug mouth. We would do better not having any president than a moron like Trump.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:31 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Answer: Because there's nothing to impeach for and we aren't going to overturn the 2016 election.
Wow - that was easy
So to you the more controversial Trump can get, such as threw his Twitter, the more likely he gets elected. His electability thrives on controversy, since it gets him a great deal of attention.

Old 10-31-2019, 11:41 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The reason is the old establishment thinks much differently than President Trump. Trump is a doer for THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Washington is not used to working for the American People.. the old establishment objectives are much different . They really never considered the people who are the average common American..they never put them first.
Yes, he is quite a doer on his golf course. And Trump hiring lobbyists and corporate heads to lead bureaucracies, such as the Pentagon, must be your idea how Trump works for the people. You are so WRONG, it's pitiful. No, Trump certainly does work for old establishment objectives.

Old 10-31-2019, 04:36 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
He's only guilty of winning the election and for that the Demonicraps will impeach him

Old 10-31-2019, 04:39 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post
I truly do not understand their thinking. They're fighting tooth and nail against the impeachment process, yet, whether you hate him or love him, no one can deny this administration has been wrought with one controversy after another. His "best people" have been resigning left and right and he doesn't seem to ever listen to his staffers. Such a high maintenance presidency.

So, my question is this: if you're a Senate Republican, why not just vote for his impeachment in order to get Pence? Seems to me that moving the VP into the executive position would make everybody's lives easier. You'd have a fellow conservative Republican towing the usual party line, but without a bunch of fires to put out every week, no butt-kissing to Putin and the world's autocrats, no more alleged, security threats, no more ridiculous tweets everyday, no more rallies, etc., etc., etc. Would he not be Trump Pt II, minus the epic drama? You'd think they'd like that.

Seriously, am I wrong?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
OMG.

Since before Trump was even in office, they have wanted to impeach him. They investigated him for over 2 years and couldn't find anything. They have spied on him and tried to stage several coups.

I guess if I watched or read MSN or CNN, I would buy that same crap that you are buying into. Thank god I don't.

Old 10-31-2019, 04:40 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Any Republican Senators who vote to impeach, will lose 2020, because this is Trumpland.
Trump has the highest Republican approval rating in history.
The only reason why his overall approval rating is fairly low, is because Democrats hate him with a passion.
Hmmm...and WHY do they hate him? Because he is turning Washington upside down with it's corruption and he is effective. I don't know why the average SJW can't see that.

Old 10-31-2019, 04:55 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,786,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aflyguy View Post
I truly do not understand their thinking. They're fighting tooth and nail against the impeachment process, yet, whether you hate him or love him, no one can deny this administration has been wrought with one controversy after another. His "best people" have been resigning left and right and he doesn't seem to ever listen to his staffers. Such a high maintenance presidency.

So, my question is this: if you're a Senate Republican, why not just vote for his impeachment in order to get Pence? Seems to me that moving the VP into the executive position would make everybody's lives easier. You'd have a fellow conservative Republican towing the usual party line, but without a bunch of fires to put out every week, no butt-kissing to Putin and the world's autocrats, no more alleged, security threats, no more ridiculous tweets everyday, no more rallies, etc., etc., etc. Would he not be Trump Pt II, minus the epic drama? You'd think they'd like that.

Seriously, am I wrong?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp
It has yet to be determined how involved the Vice President is with the President's latest mess involving the Slavic nations.

Republican Congresspersons have been burned before by the Administration's tortuously roundabout way of revealing what it actually is involved in, and it's understandable that they would be shy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies