Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 03:36 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I love my new one. I basically wanted a luxury sedan, but need to tow on occasion so i got a crew cab long bed gas '19 Ram. Went with gas power instead of diesel this time. The cab interior is yuge !! Has the turning radius of a bus though.
YOU are part of the problem then. Should have gone with a Prius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YuvSkue0l4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2019, 03:38 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
It has, guns are one of the biggest targets for thieves in the home and vehicles. Any indication that you have them is just making your property a target for when you're not there.

Really? It sounds like a free fire zone at my house and I have yet to be targeted.... On the other hand maybe it sounds like a free fire zone here so the bad guys get the hint.....

Old 10-31-2019, 03:38 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post

Tow with a Prius?

Old 10-31-2019, 03:41 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times
Yep, pickup trucks are where the guns are found!!

I remember living in a small town in the 1980's. In the winter, with below zero weather, every truck in the grocery parking lot was running with the keys inside while folks were grocery shopping. Oh, and ALMOST every one had a gun in the gun rack in the truck.

I miss those days. The entire county had five thefts from homes in the entire year. My insurance agent was so concerned that he asked me to lock the house. He got tired of trying to explain to the "main office back east" why there was no evidence of forcible entry......trying to explain that NOBODY locked their homes just went over their heads.

I think we need to work on getting back to the 1980's.

Old 10-31-2019, 03:45 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
For me no gun, no truck, no problem.
No problem, until you need to move a refrigerator. Or need to defend your life from hooligans.

Old 10-31-2019, 04:03 PM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:

Lol, sure i am. We've done so much to lower our carbon footprint. We sold two boats, just have a pontoon now. Down to just one vacation a year flying by airliner. Sold some dino burning toys and am considering picking up a hybrid or EV . What have you done ?

Old 10-31-2019, 04:03 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Interesting.

I especially have a problem with the proliferation of the expensive 4 door pick-up trucks. These used to be known as 'crew cabs' and were generally limited to commercial use and work crews. We should have never let them expand to be available to the general population.
Stay calm, you will get used to it.

Old 10-31-2019, 04:08 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times
Quote:
Interesting.

I especially have a problem with the proliferation of the expensive 4 door pick-up trucks. These used to be known as 'crew cabs' and were generally limited to commercial use and work crews. We should have never let them expand to be available to the general population.
Ok, but where does my bird dog ride??

Your not suggesting the truck bed for my "professional" partner??

Old 10-31-2019, 04:52 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
It’s hard to find a gun rack for my Mercedes. And I do miss my Chevy pickup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
For me no gun, no truck, no problem.
S’no balls either, eh?

Quote:
Real men don’t drive Priuses (or is that Pri’i?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
No problem, until you need to move a refrigerator. Or need to defend your life from hooligans.
Hey, he’s told us he’s trained in the art of conversational de-escalation. He can talk an assailant into surrendering in 30 seconds or less.

Old 10-31-2019, 05:11 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
^^^ Won't let me rep you twice. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies