Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 06:11 AM

12,032 posts, read 6,563,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Dude come visit NYC. It is crazy the amount of unhinged homeless people off their meds wandering the streets and subways. We just had a homeless person hack four other homeless people to death on the street. Plus the stress of 10 million people living in NYC alone causes interactions that can make people snap.
A friend of mine just moved both her residence and business out of NYC to Virginia.
The vagrants kept urinating in front of her restaurant and harassing clients for money, and five months ago a homeless family was camped in front of her next door neighbors home.

San Francisco has to give out poop maps now, Chicago, Detroit, L.A., Baltimore — these are all long time democrat run failing cities.
Vote Dems out in 2020 for the sake of America.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 06:13 AM

4,026 posts, read 2,712,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
How can Trump be a resident of Florida when he lives in Washington DC?
It's widely accepted that elected officials in Washington D.C. are still residents of the states they originally hail from, since their time in D.C. is uncertain, and they're only there as part of their job (to represent the place they come from.)

It's similar to being in the military. When I joined, I had to have a home of record, so I used my parents' address in Missouri (which, given that I joined right out of high school, made perfect sense.) So legally speaking, I was a Missouri resident until I was 24 years old. Realistically, however, I hadn't physically lived in that state since I was 18. But it wouldn't have been practical to declare myself a resident of the places I went to while I was in the Army, since it wasn't intended that I was going to stay (and especially given that two of those places were foreign countries.)

Old 11-01-2019, 06:14 AM

839 posts, read 734,506 times
I'd probably feel the same way as Trump did if I were forced to close my beloved Trump Organization for scamming kids with cancer to further enrich myself.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:15 AM

21,915 posts, read 9,486,318 times
The state tax was as high as 9% and the city tax was 4%. Gawd. Also, the estate tax on estates over $10m is 16%!

Old 11-01-2019, 06:20 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
I'd probably feel the same way as Trump did if I were forced to close my beloved Trump Organization for scamming kids with cancer to further enrich myself.
True. The (self-proclaimed) 'stable genius' speaks & acts!

Old 11-01-2019, 06:23 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,082,533 times
If Trump thinks leaving New York will save him from SDNY prosecution, he is wrong.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:25 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times
What's interesting is how some working stiffs cheer for a race to the bottom of lower wages, lower benefits, less public services and less of a public safety net. Do you think the corporations and the rich are satisfied with staying in the South, or go to Bangladesh or India instead?

A lot of working stiffs simply lack the guts to take on the ruling class. Its that simple. Its not that they are afraid of being called jealous like they claim.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:39 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,554,287 times
He will feel more at home in Florida with all the other ignorant trash that lives there.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:42 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Have you walked the streets or ride the subways of NYC? There are more crazies in one NYC block than entire Florida cities.
Lived in Florida and been to NYC many times.

Both are full of crazies.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:42 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
"Good riddance. It's not like @realDonaldTrump paid taxes here anyway," Cuomo

So as usual, Trump says he pays millions to the city of NY and the state while the governor says (who I am pretty sure has access to Trumps state tax returns) says he has paid none.

Based on Trumps track record on truth, I know who I believe.
Well, a couple problems there...

1) No, the governor can't just access someones tax records for a look-see.

2) Trump has definitely paid millions in tax to NY just in property taxes, sales taxes etc. Don't know about income tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies