Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 06:17 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,537,817 times

Advertisements

Can't take more than 15 minutes of watching Hannity. Big mouth, shouting and interrupting the guests constantly, thinks everything he says is 'law'. He needs to simmer down and act sensibly, if that is possible. His ego gets in the way of facts. Jerk.

Similar with Wallace ... he's right, the world is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2019, 06:19 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
"Common sense" and "Fox News" in the same sentence? Wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
A stopped clock is right twice a day.
This one is common sense, and (unlike the clock) is not a fluke.

I would be really curious to hear from Trump supporters on this. Even if you like him and support his agenda (your prerogative), how do you square this demonstration of his constant lying, changing the facts, and saying whatever he has to say at a given moment to make a point, even it it contradicts the point he made earlier?

Serious question, would love a serious answer. (Hint: If you just reply by insulting or bashing me, it's indicative that you don't have a reasonable response.)

Old 11-01-2019, 06:19 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,569,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Crazee— perhaps you NEED to watch FOX more, so you can hear the OTHER side of an argument which you will NEVER HEAR ON CNN, MSNBC, PBS et al....
FOX is much more fair and balanced than any of your DNC operative channels (most of the MSM).
FOX has Chris Wallace as their main Sunday talk show — he is a life long democrat and hates Trump.
Although he recently quit, Shepard Smith was for decades an openly gay prime daytime FOX news anchor who leaned far left.
The panels on FOX are much more evenly balanced and they don’t spew the hate, lies, and vulgarity like the DNC Operative media.
Hannity and a few of the opinion shows are definitely biased and unbalanced, but they don’t represent the totality of FOX.
Neil Cavuto is definitely one of my favorites. he always gives the left respect and plenty of time, and I believe he is an independent.
Martha MacCallum is very fair and balanced.
Tucker is definitely biased right, but he is the BEST out there if you want to hear facts and credible arguments to the left and right policies....

Also Fox News TELLS YOU witch shows are Conservative OPINION shows (Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham) and which are "news" shows, so they separate their bias, but still bring guests from the Left to articulate their position. They present both sides. Yes the host may be conservative, but you KNOW their bias.

Often CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, etc try top pass off Far Left Democrat Propaganda and "NEWS" as "FACT'. Very misleading and DISHONEST. It is 24/7 Trump hate.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:21 AM

12,036 posts, read 6,565,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

But then there is Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson Dobbs, Levine, Fox & Friends who are some of the most dishonest newscasters on any network.
These are not “newscasters.” They are opinion commentators.
Please show one lie, one fake news that these FOX commentators have recently been accurately accused of. Surely you’ve seen almost every week the left media has been found and proven guilty of fake news reports. I think it was NBC last week....
Please show us proof of FOX lying.....this is a DNC talking point.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:22 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Also Fox News TELLS YOU witch shows are Conservative OPINION shows (Hannity, Carlson, Ingraham) and which are "news" shows, so they separate their bias, but still bring guests from the Left to articulate their position. They present both sides. Yes the host may be conservative, but you KNOW their bias.

Often CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, etc try top pass off Far Left Democrat Propaganda and "NEWS" and "FACT'. Very misleading and DISHONEST.

Wow, all news is false if you don’t like the message and doesn’t conform to your opinion. If this were an outlier opinion it would be disturbing enough. But this is the norm for Trumpers. No wonder this country’s political process is in such pathetic shape.

Old 11-01-2019, 06:27 AM

12,036 posts, read 6,565,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Can't take more than 15 minutes of watching Hannity. Big mouth, shouting and interrupting the guests constantly, thinks everything he says is 'law'. He needs to simmer down and act sensibly, if that is possible. His ego gets in the way of facts. Jerk.

Similar with Wallace ... he's right, the world is wrong.
I agree. I can’t stand Hannity. I couldn’t stand Bill O’Reilly either when he was on FOX.
I watch Tucker, Martha MacCallum , Steve Hilton, and occasionally Levin for opinions, and Cavuto and Bret Baer for news. Steve Hilton’s Next Revolution show on Sundays is really well done.
For learning the left and opposing side of things, I read Real Clear Politics which everyday has articles on both sides to each prevailing issue.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/?state=nwa

Old 11-01-2019, 06:36 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post

Excellent.

It's not often you will find me saying that about something from Fox News.
But he nailed it.
It must be tough to work at Fox News these days if you aren't a fawning Trump sycophant. It has truly become State News. For those independent journalists who want to report the facts, it has got to be rough going against marching orders.

Another correspondent, Catherine Herridge, who has been at Fox for 23 years, just left and went to CBS. I suspect there will be more defections as the election ramps up and more pressure is put on Fox employees to toe the line.

Old 11-01-2019, 07:01 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Didn't watch it. If you're saying it's common sense, I know it isn't.
So you are admitting that you don't care what the news source is, you will blindly follow Trump no matter what ANYONE else says. Even the fake MSM argument you use isn't true. And since you refuse to watch even a Fox news clip about Trump, which is sympathetic to him, I'll summarize the whole 3:54 second clip for you.

The newscaster said the job of news is not to demonstrate loyalty to Trump but to broadcast news, no matter what it is. Trump flip flops and lies about many things and he listed numerous instances of it. So there is no fake news. Trump is just a liar and you admitted you don't care. You'll believe it anyway and ignore everyone else.

Old 11-01-2019, 07:14 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,452,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Didn't watch it. If you're saying it's common sense, I know it isn't.
Very telling ...

Old 11-01-2019, 07:22 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwc9K5W6fgw

Excellent.

It's not often you will find me saying that about something from Fox News.
But he nailed it.
Trump can change his mind.. like I don't like Cavuto.. he is a total jerk.. What I believe is Mexico will pay for the wall indirectly when we stop giving them freebies that the democrats want to hand out to the millions of them here... that money saved will build that wall. When Trump does trade deals with Mexico, we will make more money to pay for that wall. So Mexico will pay for that wall. They will pay and pay and pay.

Trump can place tariffs on Mexico to pay for the wall. If he chooses. Trump has options.

Fact is I like Trump because he is not set in cement . He told us that he will look at different ways to get things done. If someone is in the way, he gets rid of them if they don't support him.. I like that. best president ever.

Worst offender is Chris Wallace. He puts words in peoples mouth.. he always says, then that is a yes.. before the person can even explain their stand on a topic. Sometimes MSNBC has some credible stories but never had one regarding Trump. It is all Bash Trump garbage. When they bash someone it is total propaganda. When they have no slant , no bias and just objective news it is real news. Cavuto has his opinion. That is all it is.

Last edited by Taratova; 11-01-2019 at 07:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies