Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 07:25 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

We are behind in education because the dollar is the worlds reserve currency. We don't need to be educated when our country can just print more money and use it to pay for all the goods imported in from China and other countries.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:26 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

Thus, the parents with the smart kids (who, since intelligence is largely genetic, are also smart) can move out of the district, and soon the original district will be populated by average people, with average ability. Is that what we want?
It is the height of arrogance to tell voters their choice of leaders and resulting policies implemented by those leaders is wrong. americans don't have the right to control other people, voters, if we disagree with their decisions. 'elections have consequences', as one major democratic party leader said in 2009.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:28 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Could lefties possibly get any more deranged?

Now we have a group who want to abolish high school honors classes because they reek of "white toxicity" and the "white supremacy of high achievement." So is this group of lefties assuming that only whites are in these classes? Pretty obvious who the real racists are. Now we are supposed to discourage high achievement, or at least fail to recognize it, because somehow that doing well is a white supremacist value?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/11/...h-achievement/
I noticed the article listed Minnesota, the state I grew up and was educated in the 60's. I didnt used to be that way with the crazy left full of guilt ridden whites advocating such nonsense. Now I would not allow a child of mine to attend the Twin Cities and surrounding county schools becuase of such regressive policies.

Saint Paul district tried this sort of idiocy (at great cost to the taxpayers I may add), until even leftists had to admit it not only didnt work, but actually retarded "racial equity".

The racial grievance industry is indeed, an industry.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:34 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
It is the height of arrogance to tell voters their choice of leaders and resulting policies implemented by those leaders is wrong. americans don't have the right to control other people, voters, if we disagree with their decisions. 'elections have consequences', as one major democratic party leader said in 2009.
You are correct, the people in those areas that elect the school boards and city councils that advocate for such regressive policies own the results. The problem is, the type of people that advocate for such non sensical policies are typically too dense to understand why when the policies inevitably fail.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:38 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You might be a very liberal Democrat--and just about the few who sounds normal--but your party is wacko. You might want to consider jumping ship as your party is no longer in line with your common sense.
He's not, he says he is to gaslight.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:39 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
No, we don't have the right to control other people, but we certainly have a right to voice our opinion that leaders who would about abolish honors classes because they're "racist" are wrong - and idiotic. Are we just to shut up when we see liberal policies going to the extreme and punishing or suppressing success?

Last edited by Rachel976; 11-02-2019 at 07:51 AM..

Old 11-02-2019, 07:41 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
“I’m fairly radical atheist and consider myself a far left anarchist who fights for racial justice,” she wrote. She is also at odds with her child’s father after their child declared herself “nonbinary” after reading literature about transgenderism.

This person teaches children!? Lord help us!

Old 11-02-2019, 07:43 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
He's not, he says he is to gaslight.
For the first time, we agree. He says that to be funny (or sarcastic).

It would be the same thing as if I were to defend sanctuary cities, late-term abortions, free college, health care for illegal aliens, abolishing student debt, giving black families $25,000 down payments....and then say I was a very conservative Republican.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:44 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
I feel sorry for the more sane Dems that have to deal with this.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:44 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
You might be a very liberal Democrat--and just about the few who sounds normal--but your party is wacko. You might want to consider jumping ship as your party is no longer in line with your common sense.
That’s exactly why upthread I asked him why he was still a democrat as he’s obviously smart and well-informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies