Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 02:51 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yep, Joe Biden family made millions by operating a corrupt quid pro quo scam in Ukraine
But you will never hear CNN talk about this or his drug addicted, meth abusing son Hunter. Raise your hand if you have ever heard CNN talk about Hunter's serious Drug addiction? I'll wait.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:39 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I disagree. The idea of impeaching Trump has been fairly popular with the left since day one.
Wasn't it the same Washington Post who announced 18 minutes after Trump took the oath of off to let the impeaching begin?

"With the inauguration this week, it’s probably time to start discussing impeachment"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...g-impeachment/

Time:

There’s Already a Campaign to Impeach President Donald Trump (date: 1/20/17)

https://time.com/4641233/donald-trum...ation-impeach/

This is why Democrats and the media have no credibility now. If The Washington Post, The NY Times and/or Susan Rice said it was raining outside, I'd crawl to the window from my death bed to see for myself.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:37 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

This is why Democrats and the media have no credibility now. ...
They have no credibility to anyone whom has been drinking the kool-aid and wearing blinders

Wake up. What you have been seeing and hearing is what has been happening. Trump was known to most informed Republicans as a dangerous man long before he ran for the nomination. He never changed.

Later, snippets of the Russian involvement were certainly known of by most of us before Trump was inaugurated, (which was all new at the time, but extremely alarming). While people like you were denying anything of the sort happened at all, we now know as a certainty that Russian involvement on Trump's behalf actually did happen, producing dozens of indictments. We also know that Trump knew about it all because he covered it up! THIS is why some people were calling for his removal early on. If any of those things were true (and it certainly looks like it) he had already committed impeachable offenses before he swore a sacred oath he would later violate. Trump, as you and I know, was dirty from day one. He was dirty from his thirties, actually.

Trump thought, or tried to make himself believe, that he got off of the Russian interference charges scot free, and the very next thing he chose to do is drag more foreign governments into our elections. Clearly indicating a lack of principles and/or a lack of understanding (or caring) about the law and the reasons for those laws.

Pick another standard bearer for your noble causes, this one is unworthy of you.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:32 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Something tells me that you’re a lot more cockier than you should be about that. The Republicans in the Senate can’t just simply pretend that nothing happened.
Yeah they really can, in fact it's likely that as soon as they get the articles of impeachment they'll move to immediately dismiss them just like Democrats tried to do with the Clinton impeachment, only this time it's likely to pass. They'll throw the partisan articles of impeachment in the trash and tell the House to get back to doing their actual job instead of wasting everyone's time with ridiculous coup attempts.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:13 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter
Something tells me that you’re a lot more cockier than you should be about that. The Republicans in the Senate can’t just simply pretend that nothing happened.
They don't have to pretend.

Nothing happened.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:19 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
They don't have to pretend.

Nothing happened.
Astonishing. Even Trump admits that what is on the memo represents what happened ... enough to show criminality, and witnesses already tell of the background and additional missing text.

We'll bookmark this post and come back to it later.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:23 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Astonishing. Even Trump admits that what is on the memo represents what happened ... enough to show criminality, and witnesses already tell of the background and additional missing text.

We'll bookmark this post and come back to it later.

Criminality? Would you please cite the crime or statute that Trump has violated?

Old 11-04-2019, 07:30 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Criminality? Would you please cite the crime or statute that Trump has violated?
Ignoring everything else, the Emoluments Clause. Remember, impeachment doesn't actually have to even involve a crime, but even if you believe the Ukraine stuff was totally cool, Trump has in fact broken the law and Democrats have largely ignored that.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I've heard some propaganda but never a competent "debunking" of Biden literally admitting that he threatened withholding aid to the Ukranians who their administration was allowing to be attacked and conquered by Russia unless they fired a prosecutor investigating the company his son worked for.

There's simply no way to "debunk" that given that it's entirely factual.

As to the rest of your statement, your assumption that I don't think Trump is dirty is completely ignorant. Of course Trump is dirty, you just happen to have such a hard on for the guy that you can't keep it in your pants for long enough to wait to find something legitimate and end up wasting time and effort on things like the Russia hoax and now the Ukraine hoax.

Honestly the reason Trump wins is because everyone assumes he's dirty and no one cares. That's his starting point. When others get down in the mud and fight with him they end up debasing themselves while Trump just looks like the guy everyone knows he is.

I mean, I get it, it's super annoying. I was an original "Never Trump" type before it was even a thing. None of that changes that you being a hypocrite on this situation only makes you look bad. Don't debase yourself by trying too hard to complain about literally everything Trump does. If you do, people see you as no better and they disregard your opinion.
Let's be honest here, Bobby, you wouldn't believe the evidence no matter what. Trump supporters need Biden to be guilty just as much as they need Trump to be innocent. So we're going to be stuck in this endless loop of how all the witness testimonies, evidence and public admissions proving Trump's guilt are "fake news", but no evidence of Biden's guilt whatsoever is obviously clear evidence of his guilt. Up is down, real is fake, facts are worthless.

You claiming to be a Never Trumper is hilarious stuff, though. For someone that claims to not like Trump, you sure run an awful lot of interference for him.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The United States was looking for the Ukrainians to prove their commitment to eliminating corruption by looking into controversial things from the past in exchange for aid. Technically that's a quid pro quo, it's just not an improper one in any way.....unless you are a Biden supporter worried that he might have his reputation tarnished by his connections to corrupt Ukrainian companies.

That's what this is all about, Biden supporters putting party over country and they are absolute scumbags that should be run out of any position of trust.
You keep repeating a Right Wing lie about the Biden situation. Why is that Mr. Never Trumper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies