Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 08:20 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cin...t-trilogy-plan

Looks like they will actually be losing money on this film. Well good . End it after the atrocious sequel .

Maybe if they continue to lose enough money, they will lessen the number of Woke, PC, SJW garbage movies.

Last edited by Pilot1; 11-03-2019 at 08:39 AM..

Old 11-03-2019, 08:37 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, but its effective though.

This is exactly why homosexuality is more accepted today, it took years and years of movies and TV shows depicting it in a normal (non negative way), at one time, it was illegal to show scenes that involved homosexuality!!

Since this worked out so well and was so effective at changing public opinion, of course they are going to attempt the same thing over and over again.
They have been doing it for years, but now with Twitter and the speeches showing how much they hate half the country they’ve lost their influence. People have accepted homosexuality more because they aren’t bad people and giving them rights doesn’t hurt anyone. Trans rights are having a more difficult time gaining acceptance because they’re wanting to go into women’s spaces and sports. It negatively affects other people. And so does illegal immigration. I don’t care what anyone says, we have a right to protect our border and calling the people who do it evil is not going to work.

Old 11-03-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I don't care about the politics of actors or movies. If the story is half way decent and the special effects are good then it'll be ok. I didn't take Robert Patrick's T1000 as a mash on cops. I like the T movies for a bit of fun and I don't read something into everything. If a movie like this is going to make someone change a political stance then they have more important things to ponder. Everyone should stop being so rigid and have a bit of fun. If it's a crappy movie then it will bomb. I won't see it in the theater but will probably rent it.
I agree with this. I enjoy entertainment, but I do get irritated when they mess up a good franchise by ruining the timeline. I think that’s what they did with this movie. They should have stopped with T4. Those four movies made sense with the story, though obviously the first two were the best.

Old 11-03-2019, 08:49 AM

5,145 posts, read 3,076,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Oh lookie, another lets bash liberals thread this time using a movie.
Oh come on, the plot of this film sounds so contrived, so in-your-face sjw, it deserves bashing.

Old 11-03-2019, 08:51 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Right wingers:

Movies are bad.
MSM is bad.
Search engines are bad.

Maybe you guys ought to get off your lazy butts and do something about it rather than just whining?

Old 11-03-2019, 08:52 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I agree with this. I enjoy entertainment, but I do get irritated when they mess up a good franchise by ruining the timeline. I think that’s what they did with this movie. They should have stopped with T4. Those four movies made sense with the story, though obviously the first two were the best.
The first two were the best and the others just mediocre.

I don't understand the propensity to get outraged about the storyline of movies. I love Avatar but you would think it was an all out assault on the US for their treatment of NAs. It's a movie. If someone can't get beyond their politics to enjoy an entertaining movie then something is amiss. I can't spend every waking hour wondering if "they" are trying to program me. Seek facts if you are so inclined.

Edit - The same goes to those who feel movies are a vehicle for social justice. You aren't programming me.

Old 11-03-2019, 08:55 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Snowflake conservative outrage! I'm on the edge of my movie seat! Time to pop some popcorn

Old 11-03-2019, 08:58 AM

4,503 posts, read 1,860,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Right wingers:

Movies are bad.
MSM is bad.
Search engines are bad.

Maybe you guys ought to get off your lazy butts and do something about it rather than just whining?
Movies and MSM provide zero value to intelligent, productive people. They could be stopped tomorrow, without any replacement, and many of us would not care. Republicans need not do anything about either, besides kick back and enjoy the continued financial hardships and layoffs in these industries.

Old 11-03-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The first two were the best and the others just mediocre.

I don't understand the propensity to get outraged about the storyline of movies. I love Avatar but you would think it was an all out assault on the US for their treatment of NAs. It's a movie. If someone can't get beyond their politics to enjoy an entertaining movie then something is amiss. I can't spend every waking hour wondering if "they" are trying to program me. Seek facts if you are so inclined.

Edit - The same goes to those who feel movies are a vehicle for social justice. You aren't programming me.
I liked Avatar, but never really thought it was wrong in what it was saying. I could easily see humans going to other planets to mine things (assuming they could ever achieve interstellar space travel, which I don’t really think is possible).

Old 11-03-2019, 09:09 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Teenage son wanted to go see this one . So we checked it out last night and did not know it was going to be completely filled with liberal propaganda the entire movie. Save your money.....

The first quarter of the movie takes place in Guatamala and Mexico with english subtitles. The "the new bad terminator" is a latino speaking man sent to kill a mexican girl that works at a big bad car factory that has a white boss firing her brother from his job.

The new "good terminator" appears to be fem-bot yanked out of a SJW protest in the year 2047 .

The good terminator and new character meet up with her uncle who smuggles mexicans into the US. They take a train with women and children to Laredo. Once there they go "under" the border wall and are detained by US customs. Where they are shoved in cages with other mexican illegals that appear to be imprisoned for entering the us illegally.

They kill off connor or basically erase him right off that bat, then say that the womb of the mexican girl is the future to save the world.

Then they meet up with a old crippled Arnold who is married to a Latino and takes care of her son living happily ever after. well not really... wont say any more spoilers

I think im done for a while. I keep saying I wont give these people another dime, but somehow when they resurrect once good movies I always get conned in.

What a snowflake post. Haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies