Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 06:44 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981 View Post
I'm a Democrat, a Catholic Democrat. But for other Democrats who think this next election is a sure fire bet and America will go back to normal I may be the first telling you this but you may be wrong.

Here is what I know or think I know. All the stats say the wealthy received the biggest tax cut in history. Then all the stats say the Economy is healthy and booming with record unemployment and rising wages. Now, whether I agree with the stats or not is not the question that is how it is portrayed. Typically, in American History a President is given a second term when it looks this good. (Mind you I disagree with how it looks but that is what the media directors are presenting.)

That all works in Trump's favor. Then the top candidates may not be as strong to the general public as they are to their individual niche markets. I'm thinking Warren and Sanders. With Joseph Biden speaking to a broader audience, realistically he is old and speaks from a different era.

So, yes, Trump might get a second term. What do you think? What will you do? Is America ever going to be the same again?

For me I'll vote for any Democrat running against him. But when election night comes a year from now and potentially Trump wins don't say you didn't hear it from somewhere.
You scare me. You will vote for the same kind of democrats who want to tax the hell out of the citizens, give illegals amnesty and keep on with the neverending wars in the Middle East? Are you nuts??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
It's not just possible that Trump is re-elected, it's all but a certainty at this point for just the reasons you mentioned. The economy, unemployment, rising wages along with the fact that the DNC candidates are a complete joke and you get 4 more years of Trump and likely the Republicans taking back the House.

If you'd have told me these things would happen before 2016, I'd have called you a liar, but here we are. The DNC forced Hillary, the only person Trump could have beaten, on everyone and now we've got unelectable garbage like Warren, Biden, and Bernie going against him. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were throwing the election on purpose.
Seriously, I feel the same way. Back in 2000, if you told me I was going to be voting for a Republican, I would have told you to go take a hike. I even predicted the second Bush Jr stole that election with the help of his brother Jeb, I said we were going back to Iraq. I just never expected it to go the way it did (seriously, CIA can track cocaine, but not what is happening on our airlines, give me a break) But the democrats have gone so far left field with champion men dressed like women competing in female sports, wanting to tax everything so they can give poor and illegals free stuff, create new laws that go against the first and second amendment, being OK with parents forcing 9 years old to change their sex or letting their kids perform strip teases. Being ok with full term abortions, giving free drugs to homeless and allowing once beautiful cities to become septic tanks, actually rooting for China over the USA, and wanting to tax citizens at 52 trillion for some BS universal health care, they made it quite clear, they hate the United States, have sworn fealty to China and are doing everything in their power to destroy everything they get control of.

Last edited by warhorse78; 11-03-2019 at 06:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2019, 06:48 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Trump is only 3 years, 6 months, and 3 weeks younger than Biden.
Yea, but he has the energy of a 21 year old whereas Biden looks like he wants to nap most of the time...

Old 11-03-2019, 06:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Bush II got reelected despite his controversies, the Iraq War, but most of all he was blessed with a great economy, then so can Trump. But doubtful, he can be reelected if there is a recession. Not very much time left for a recession to start.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:49 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
You scare me. You will vote for the same kind of democrats who want to tax the hell out of the citizens, give illegals amnesty and keep on with the neverending wars in the Middle East? Are you nuts??????
I will vote for whoever the Democrat nominee is. BTW, Trump hasn't ended any of the wars. His tax cuts have benefited the rich. He's no prize and has actually done more harm to this country than good. I don't care who the nominee is.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:49 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Bush II got reelected despite his controversies, the Iraq War, but most of all he was blessed with a great economy, then so can Trump. But doubtful, it there is a recession. Not very much time left for a recession to start.
The W economy was based on too much credit though, as the real estate crash proved

Old 11-03-2019, 06:50 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Yea, but he has the energy of a 21 year old whereas Biden looks like he wants to nap most of the time...
Yeah, Trump has the energy of a 21 year old. Hahahahahahaha.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
LOL, Republicans have been guilty of doing all that crap before in the past. Oklahoma Republicans are making me pay 3 cents more tax per gallon of gas.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:53 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
I cannot tell you people how thankful I am this person started posting this afternoon to let us know there was a chance Trump would get re-elected. It has made my Daylight Savings Time day, and soon I shall go to sleep, comfortable in the knowledge that someone so erudite has also divined this possibility.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The W economy was based on too much credit though, as the real estate crash proved
Similar economic circumstances are going on now, meaning Democrats will have to wait until 2024 to win back the presidency.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:55 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981 View Post
I'm a Democrat, a Catholic Democrat. But for other Democrats who think this next election is a sure fire bet and America will go back to normal I may be the first telling you this but you may be wrong.

Here is what I know or think I know. All the stats say the wealthy received the biggest tax cut in history. Then all the stats say the Economy is healthy and booming with record unemployment and rising wages. Now, whether I agree with the stats or not is not the question that is how it is portrayed. Typically, in American History a President is given a second term when it looks this good. (Mind you I disagree with how it looks but that is what the media directors are presenting.)

That all works in Trump's favor. Then the top candidates may not be as strong to the general public as they are to their individual niche markets. I'm thinking Warren and Sanders. With Joseph Biden speaking to a broader audience, realistically he is old and speaks from a different era.

So, yes, Trump might get a second term. What do you think? What will you do? Is America ever going to be the same again?

For me I'll vote for any Democrat running against him. But when election night comes a year from now and potentially Trump wins don't say you didn't hear it from somewhere.
Trump will get a second term to MAGA....just love it and enjoy it, I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies