Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 11:18 PM

473 posts, read 234,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They have spent too much time trying to remove Trump from office, when they should have been trying to find someone that can beat him at the polls.

They need to get it thru their heads, he IS NOT going to be removed from office using legal tactics. LOL
Correction my friend:

They need to get it thru their heads, he IS NOT going to be removed from office using biased partisan tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 01:30 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,104,666 times
Its quite possible trump can win a second term when almost half the country are content to base their votes/values on how much dirt can be dug up on his opponent rather than what benefits he can bring to the American people.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:11 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,834,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
They have none. Their field is a clown show.
"They," I guess you mean the democratic people running for president. They are not clowns. They are concerned citizens of our great nation, and want to get us out of this undeserved quagmire we are in at this moment in history.

Speaking of clowns, trump needs his own clown car; so that all the clowns can come bouncing out with all of their tricks and lies. The republicans in congress and the senate sure look nuts backing a man that has such low morals, etc. etc. !!!

MAGA!!! Resign, trump!!!

Old 11-04-2019, 05:39 AM

56,974 posts, read 25,934,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Shores View Post
Correction my friend:

They need to get it thru their heads, he IS NOT going to be removed from office using biased partisan tactics.
Biased partisans, like the GOP doing a sit in protest and trashing career state department employees. The house republicans are more interested in attacking the whistle blower and protecting Trump than the truth.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:45 AM

2,692 posts, read 3,387,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, Republicans have been guilty of doing all that crap before in the past. Oklahoma Republicans are making me pay 3 cents more tax per gallon of gas.
Yes to this,
when we had a republican governor for
one term , our taxes on everything shot up .
Republicans are the biggest cons , they totally hope and rely on the democrats to
fix all their messes.
I will also vote for anyone but Trump does not matter but sure am
hoping for a married gay couple in the White House.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:57 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,187,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981 View Post
I'm a Democrat, a Catholic Democrat. But for other Democrats who think this next election is a sure fire bet and America will go back to normal I may be the first telling you this but you may be wrong.

Here is what I know or think I know. All the stats say the wealthy received the biggest tax cut in history. Then all the stats say the Economy is healthy and booming with record unemployment and rising wages. Now, whether I agree with the stats or not is not the question that is how it is portrayed. Typically, in American History a President is given a second term when it looks this good. (Mind you I disagree with how it looks but that is what the media directors are presenting.)

That all works in Trump's favor. Then the top candidates may not be as strong to the general public as they are to their individual niche markets. I'm thinking Warren and Sanders. With Joseph Biden speaking to a broader audience, realistically he is old and speaks from a different era.

So, yes, Trump might get a second term. What do you think? What will you do? Is America ever going to be the same again?

For me I'll vote for any Democrat running against him. But when election night comes a year from now and potentially Trump wins don't say you didn't hear it from somewhere.
The election is one year away.

"...Nearly two-thirds of Americans say they are not better off financially than they were when Donald Trump was elected, casting doubt on whether economic expansion and a record bull market will boost the president’s re-election campaign in 2020..."

https://www.ft.com/content/ce7e9f7c-...4-36acbbb0d9b6

Old 11-04-2019, 06:05 AM

12,196 posts, read 7,165,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
LOL, Republicans have been guilty of doing all that crap before in the past. Oklahoma Republicans are making me pay 3 cents more tax per gallon of gas.
Come here to NJ where NJ Democrats are making me pay 20 cents more tax per gallon of gas and then tell me how bad your 3 cents extra is. BTW, they are thinking about raising that again!

Old 11-04-2019, 06:55 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,784,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
What they need is an Obama/Bill Clinton caliber politician but they simply don't have one apparently and instead are pulling up wood chips from scraping the bottom of the barrel so hard.
I would say that is a problem for both sides. Trump got it through being a businessman, a racist that wanted to enforce boarder policies that "Obama wasn't enforcing" (Obama actually beat Trump in some months for deportation) and someone to hold up Christian values (but just when did Christianity forget infidelity and coveting were sins, I don't remember...) It is like Trump scrolled City Data for political ideology thinking that there would be enough. He found 30% and added another about 18 through the Republican base itself. In actuality, Trump is not charismatic, he was better than Hillary but he blatantly lies and that made him no better than Hillary.

The Democrats have that charismatic speaker. Joe Kennedy whom have the 2018 Democratic response to the SOTU. I just think gatekeepers think he is too young. Beto is not bad at all, but he was swimming in a tough field and now is a two-time loser. Biden was looked at as an Obama but he isn't and there is a reason.his fundraising dried up before the Ukraine investigation came out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've always thought Trump could very well get a second term. Perish the thought, but it could happen. There are too many people who believe his lies who will vote for him. I've heard those stats too about a healthy economy, but I've also heard from some (not mainstream media) that Trump and the Fed are doing whatever they have to do to pump up an ailing economy. So who knows?
Yeah about 30% of those that approve of his job are strongly approving, yet nearly the same whim strongly dislike his job, currently approve.

As for propping up the economy, everyone claims that with a President. Remember Obama being accused of faking unemployment numbers and the LFPR was the REAL unemployment rate? Then remember how those people now applaud the Trump are mum over the LPFR even though they railed Obama on it...

Old 11-04-2019, 07:00 AM

4,337 posts, read 1,538,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981 View Post
I'm a Democrat, a Catholic Democrat. But for other Democrats who think this next election is a sure fire bet and America will go back to normal I may be the first telling you this but you may be wrong.

Here is what I know or think I know. All the stats say the wealthy received the biggest tax cut in history. Then all the stats say the Economy is healthy and booming with record unemployment and rising wages. Now, whether I agree with the stats or not is not the question that is how it is portrayed. Typically, in American History a President is given a second term when it looks this good. (Mind you I disagree with how it looks but that is what the media directors are presenting.)

That all works in Trump's favor. Then the top candidates may not be as strong to the general public as they are to their individual niche markets. I'm thinking Warren and Sanders. With Joseph Biden speaking to a broader audience, realistically he is old and speaks from a different era.

So, yes, Trump might get a second term. What do you think? What will you do? Is America ever going to be the same again?

For me I'll vote for any Democrat running against him. But when election night comes a year from now and potentially Trump wins don't say you didn't hear it from somewhere.
You have mastered the art of understatement - many fold.

PS America has rejected, and wants no part of what you refer to as normal. The swamp was "normal". Influence peddling ala the Bidens was "normal". Those days are coming to an end, and it is well past time.

Old 11-04-2019, 07:01 AM

4,337 posts, read 1,538,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Yes to this,
when we had a republican governor for
one term , our taxes on everything shot up .
Republicans are the biggest cons , they totally hope and rely on the democrats to
fix all their messes.
I will also vote for anyone but Trump does not matter but sure am
hoping for a married gay couple in the White House.
Your agenda is showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies