Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 06:46 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
That’s hilarious.

God save us from the self righteous.
You are correct, but I hope you realize it goes both ways. This very thread was based on the idea that "The Left" was evil and, I guess by extension, "The Right" was righteous.

Let's just be honest and say that both the left and right have been in a power struggle for at least the past 20 years. Neither side has had the good of the country at heart. It's been an escalating arms race, with the tactics getting dirtier each year. The election of Donald Trump was the most outrageous move yet, and now the democrats in desperation are trying for impeachment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 06:47 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Either you believe in our Constitutional Republic and rule of law or you do not. Trump does not and neither apparently do his minions.
You mean to tell me that the Democrats, the party of illegal immigrants, believe in the rule of law?

Old 11-04-2019, 06:48 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Either you believe in our Constitutional Republic and rule of law or you do not. Trump does not and neither apparently do his minions.
If you believed in either you would never vote Democrat again.

It isn’t Trump supporters beating the crap out of those who disagree with them, it’s Leftists.

It isn’t Trump trying to abolish the Bill of Rights, it’s Democrats.

It isn’t Trump supporters trying to abolish or change the Electoral College that has worked just fine for 200 years, it’s Democrats.

Tell us some more about how Democrats believe in our government and the rule of law. We could all use a good laugh today.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:49 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
You mean to tell me that the Democrats, the party of illegal immigrants, believe in the rule of law?
Both the Democrats and Republicans believe in the rule of laws that help their party at the expense of the other. Period.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:50 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
More like Putingrad D.C.
You'll love Trump's next term. We're going go rename some streets and buildings that will make Leftist heads explode.

All Liberals will be processed and sent to central produce farms. Those with children will get larger shacks.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:51 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
You are correct, but I hope you realize it goes both ways. This very thread was based on the idea that "The Left" was evil and, I guess by extension, "The Right" was righteous.

Let's just be honest and say that both the left and right have been in a power struggle for at least the past 20 years. Neither side has had the good of the country at heart. It's been an escalating arms race, with the tactics getting dirtier each year. The election of Donald Trump was the most outrageous move yet, and now the democrats in desperation are trying for impeachment.
2016 truly was a choice between two evils. Luckily the lesser of those evils won. In fairness, it won without my help. I didn’t vote for the Narcissistic Cheeto, but I can appreciate the fact that he kept Hillary out of the White House.

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
If by "the soul of the country" you mean open boarders, free health care for illegals, gun confiscation, suppression of free speech, tax the middle class to death, pro BLM/Antifa, etc, then yes, those are under assault by Trump and all free-thinking patriots.
When your entire argument is dumb conspiracy theories and far Right talking points and you think it's the most clever post of the day.

4,445 posts, read 1,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
I voted for Obama. He transformed the country from a nasty recession to recovery. But maybe not for those in an alternate universe.
No he didn't. President Netflix ruined health insurance for millions, fomented racial animosity, championed cash for clunkers, and supported the FED and their money printing operation. He took over when the stock market had bottomed out. It had nowhere to go but up. I will say he deported lots of criminals, but I don't know how he had time to do this between teleprompter readings and taking selfies.

And of course you did.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:53 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
If you believed in either you would never vote Democrat again.

It isn’t Trump supporters beating the crap out of those who disagree with them, it’s Leftists.

It isn’t Trump trying to abolish the Bill of Rights, it’s Democrats.

It isn’t Trump supporters trying to abolish or change the Electoral College that has worked just fine for 200 years, it’s Democrats.

Tell us some more about how Democrats believe in our government and the rule of law. We could all use a good laugh today.
Now they want to "compensate" illegals that had their children put in "cages" !

More enticements for the invaders that break our laws!

Old 11-04-2019, 06:53 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Left has been fighting against Trump so hard because they themselves are guilty of what they have been accusing him of.
First it was Hillary and her questionable ties to foreign powers and her "opposition research" but when it comes to Trump it was "COLLUSION!". Obstruction of Justice is another common issue. How about the Stormy Daniels debacle? Is there a politician today that doesn't have some type of sex scandal living in a closet somewhere? Joe Biden as VP bragged about actually holding aide over the head of the Ukraine but that is Ok but the Dems read between the lines of the transcript and suddenly it is an impeachable offense!

If the Dems lite a big enough fire under Trump and keep it going the smoke will obscure what they themselves are guilty of.
But Hillary!! Republicans are Jedi masters at projection. Let us know when Hillary Clinton is ever indicted on something from the dozens and dozens of Republican-led investigations that went nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies