Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2019, 04:09 PM

51,587 posts, read 25,539,833 times

Advertisements

Wrong again, BobbyTheGreat.

If there was any evidence on Biden, Republicans would be shouting it from the rooftops.

And despite your peddling this "charade" nonsense, people have testified that this actually happened. People on the phone call. Those involved in the bribery and extortion scam.

I'm beginning to wonder if "The Great" part is actually accurate either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 04:10 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,408,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wrong again.

If there was any evidence on Biden, Republicans would be shouting it from the rooftops.
They are.

Everyone but the most dense Democrat knows what happened with them in the Ukraine.

But the again, you thought Hillary Clinton would be President too.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:12 PM

8,831 posts, read 2,478,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
c’mon Bobby!

As I spelled out, the House voted on Impeachment rules for the Impeachment to be held in the House.

Got it?!

Then, if House votes to Impeach there’s a Trial in the Senate - got it?!

You said that there may not be an Impeachment (in the House). I politely pointed out that a lotta House Dems would need to do a 180 a from their Impeachment rules “yea” vote and vote “No” to Impeach

Got it?!

Jeez
LOL, are you trolling me?

I never said anything about the House, I was only ever talking about the trial in the Senate....I said that there likely wouldn't be a trial in the Senate, because the Senate probably just dismisses the impeachment articles as soon as they arrive, not that there wouldn't be impeachment by the House.

You following along now?

Old 11-06-2019, 04:13 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,808,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They are.

Everyone but the most dense Democrat knows what happened with them in the Ukraine.

But the again, you thought Hillary Clinton would be President too.
This schtick was a lot better a year ago when there was more plausible deniability, now it is just embarassing.

Ambassador Volker's under oath witness testimony directly contradicts the Biden personal quid pro quo meme, and frankly he is a hell of a lot more trustworthy than random anonymous forum dwellers.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:18 PM

8,831 posts, read 2,478,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wrong again, BobbyTheGreat.

And despite your peddling this "charade" nonsense, people have testified that this actually happened. People on the phone call. Those involved in the bribery and extortion scam.

I'm beginning to wonder if "The Great" part is actually accurate either.
Well, I mean, there is evidence, but not anything that can be proven....you know, just like with the Trump thing.

When you have a solid excuse for your actions, as both do, it's nearly impossible to prove that those excuses for their actions are lies and that their real intent was different. You can go with people giving their opinions, but they aren't really all that valid when it comes to proving anything.

When I talk about what Biden did, we all know the reason he did it, but there's a reason why I'm not suggesting he be charged with anything. He's an experienced corrupt politician that has greatly enriched his family by abusing his positions for many decades now. He knows what he can get away with.

The same is true about Trump, you can claim forever that he was trying to have Ukrainians investigate corruption because he knew it would hurt Biden, but so long as there is a valid reason for the US to want the Ukraine to investigate corruption, you can't prove anything.....and there is.

Democrats know this, but they also know that there's no way in hell the D list candidates they are running can beat Trump in an election, and Peter Strzok's "insurance policy" failed so this is their only hope.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:23 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,988,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
Travis, many have posted that the correct Legal term is Bribery - apparently a lot of Righties refuse to acknowledge this

Trump’s intent was clearly to Bribe Zelensky for help w getting dirt on Biden for the 2020 election - he said “do me a favor and I’ll release the $$$”

Ipso facto Trump committed Bribery
First we do not have a verbatim transcript of the phone call, so we do not know exactly what was said. Hence it is misleading to use quotation marks of what was said, as you do.

Even that said, there is nothing even close to your quotation in the memorandum (so-called transcript) of the call. This is what Trump actually said according to the memo (notes compiled by those who listened).

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...use-2019-09-25
Quote:
I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole si�uation with Ukraine, they s_ay Crowdstrike ….
You can interpret "Ill rease the $$$" as being implicitly there. But it is not in there explicitly. You would need that to prove bribery. The burden of proof must be on the accuser. Without proof you can't convict.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
No one is responding because your comparison makes no sense. No one is answering because they recognized you and your strategy here for what it is: an irrelevant out of date distraction from a POE meant to muddy the waters
OK, so you can't offer an actual reply either. Just a string of what amounts to name calling.

Again, the claim is that Trump offered a foreign policy favor in exchange for a Ukrainian investigation that might help him against Biden. Leave aside that is not actually in the memo (so called transcript).

Ike offered an election maneuver (his pledge not to run in 1952) in exchange for Taft's support on a foreign policy matter.

The comparison not only does make sense, it is as close to 100% parallel as it gets.

Lack of understanding<>'makes no sense'

Old 11-06-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
LOL, are you trolling me?

I never said anything about the House, I was only ever talking about the trial in the Senate....I said that there likely wouldn't be a trial in the Senate, because the Senate probably just dismisses the impeachment articles as soon as they arrive, not that there wouldn't be impeachment by the House.

You following along now?
I agree. McConnell should just whip the vote on this. As soon as he gets to 34 (number needed to block removal) he should immediately move to dismiss, rather than wasting any more of the time of the US Congress. Time is money, so they are wasting taxpayer dollars.

I say this being not a Trump supporter. I did not vote for him, and in fact donated quite a bit of money (for me) against him in 2016.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:45 PM

17,720 posts, read 13,435,574 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th5Y...&feature=share

Sadly Trumps most loyal base thinks it’s okay for foreign government to help investigate something that may or may not have happened with the Biden’s. HOWEVER, it’s not okay if the liberals were in charge and did the same thing and asked them to investigate Trump.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

Sadly Trumps most loyal base thinks it’s okay for foreign government to help investigate something that may or may not have happened with the Biden’s. HOWEVER, it’s not okay if the liberals were in charge and did the same thing and asked them to investigate Trump.
In fact President Obama did exactly that. The Russian investigation traces back to 2016 and was started at the request of President Obama. As far as I know, no Republican has called, even retroactively, for impeachment of Obama as a consequence of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies