Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 02:21 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What does that have to do with the "HATE TRUMP" collective campaign slogan and media narrative on the Left?
You last said they spend more time hating Trump than talking about policy, and I refuted that. Most House Dem seats gains were won based on policy by moderates and not by "hating Trump".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 02:30 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Trump hasn't been charged because he owns the DOJ. He's been using a massive legal smokescreen to prevent access to his tax returns from the State of NY which isn't in his back pocket. Once they're out there, let's start with felony tax fraud and felony bank fraud. It's pretty clear his financial empire has been propped up by Russian mob money laundering since his daddy died and stopped propping him up after every debacle. The Deutsche Bank loans still haven't been investigated. That would be a felony under 18 U.S.C. 1956 and 1957. Not exactly shocking that the Russians interfered in the election to get their stooge elected. As this stuff gets disclosed, it's going to be the Nixon thing where he has no choice to resign because the Senate abandons him.
I'm not sure Trump can resign.

Even if Pence doesn't get impeached along with him, and given that Pence is chest deep in Trump's bribery and extortion scam and by rights he should be impeached along with him, Pence can only pardon him for federal crimes.

In any case, sooner or later, the nation has to quit letting Republican Presidents skate. Nixon was pardoned for all crimes, including obstruction of justice with Watergate. Reagan skated when Bush let the Iran/Contra conspirators off the hook. Bush lied us into two wars and then there were the torture memos. But Obama decided getting the economy up and running was the priority.

Republicans are little more than a criminal conspiracy, and sooner or later the nation needs to put a stop to it.

Now seems like as good a time as any.

Old 11-06-2019, 02:31 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
The whole impeachment over this phone call is a joke.

It's literally nothing but a political Hail Mary pass by Congressional Dems, who know that they can't win against Trump in this economy.

An attempt to weaken the President, and control the narrative into 2020.

All the talk about whether or not there was Quid Pro Quo is irrelevant.

All the hearings.
All the witnesses being called.

All a waste of time.

All a dog and pony show.

The Senate will never convict.
Not a waste of time. Your president is NOT ABOVE THE LAW. The senate back during the bogus Clinton impeachment did not (and wouldn't have) convict but partisan and hateful house republicans impeached him anyway. So talk to the hand with that bs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Bill Clinton was dragged through the same thing. It’s what partisan politics is all about.
Thank you. And this was definitely a waste of time that started with a failed land deal (where Clinton lost money) and ended with a lie over consenting adults looking for a happy ending.

Old 11-06-2019, 02:37 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Do Democrats not know that the Senate will never vote to convict?
And the Republicans were never going to quit on Nixon until they did. No one knows what is going to happen. I think a lot of folks think they know and maybe they are right. But no one knows. Besides, is this how justice is normally served?

Old 11-06-2019, 02:40 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
I'm disappointed in Republicans. Appears they have no faith that their Senators will be fair and impartial in listening to the evidence and weighing in on a fair, and just verdict.

Don't tell me they've already been bought off?

Old 11-06-2019, 03:05 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'm disappointed in Republicans. Appears they have no faith that their Senators will be fair and impartial in listening to the evidence and weighing in on a fair, and just verdict.

Don't tell me they've already been bought off?

Verdict over what? The Democrats haven't started the impeachment of the President for anything.

Democrat "impeachment hearings" = Russiagate/Mueller hearings = Fodder for the truly stupid and deranged.

Old 11-06-2019, 03:07 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Verdict over what? The Democrats haven't started the impeachment of the President for anything.

Democrat "impeachment hearings" = Russiagate/Mueller hearings = Fodder for the truly stupid and deranged.

Okay, boomer.

Old 11-06-2019, 03:09 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Okay, boomer.
Impeachment over what?

You just proved my point.

Old 11-06-2019, 03:26 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,793,443 times
I completely expect Republicans to put party over country but I believe that this inquiry and potential impeachment are completely necessary. The most important thing that needs to come out of this is the standard is that the act is unacceptable and worthy of removal so that future presidents are aware that there is the possibility that such actions can lead to their removal.

Republicans are being short sighted as usual and when a Democrat attempts to do something like this in future they are going to scream bloody murder and want to impeach and remove but it won't be possible because they will have allowed this behavior to stand. Their usual MO is, they like playing with unfair rules until those rules are used against them.

Old 11-06-2019, 03:32 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
I agree.

I thought Slick Willie got a raw deal.

And I never said that I thought Dems shouldn't impeach.......

Just that it's a useless, partisan endeavor to try to salvage some chance at 2020.
So what should the democrats in the house do relative to Trumps actions, just ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies