Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2019, 07:44 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,170,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Or....maybe you can't read. The picture in the story is NOT Justin Vahl, who is of mixed race. The man centered in the photo is obviously black and if you read the caption under the photo you will learn that the man is not named Justin.
Exactly. How many times does this have to be said? I actually looked him up. He’s clearly mixed. His wife looks Asian and the children look more Asian than anything else. So the host likely asked because he didn’t know what background would end up dominating the group. Why they even tried to appease that crazy customer is beyond me though...guess that might have been their practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 07:46 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,500,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Mmmmhmmm. Never fails.
Another leftist who blames every bad outcome among black people on racism, and then tells a Jew who is proud of how her family rose from poverty to upper-middle class in two generations to stop playing the victim card. It's unreal how desperate these liberals are to hide the fact that Jews succeed. Can't let it be known that personal choices impact one's success - so they revert to shutting the Jew up.

Lord help us. Please do not allow a liberal to gain the WH.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Exactly. How many times does this have to be said? I actually looked him up. He’s clearly mixed. His wife looks Asian and the children look more Asian than anything else. So the host likely asked because he didn’t know what background would end up dominating the group. Why they even tried to appease that crazy customer is beyond me though...guess that might have been their practice.
Eh. It's one minor incident among 300+ million people, and nobody got injured. Stop playing the black victim card. Now the other case, where a couple of blacks paralyzed a white guy, now him I feel very sorry for. He will probably die of complications related to the paralysis, even decades from now, after he suffers. May G-d give him peace.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:49 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
You can count on the same core group here to beat wobbly tales of racism deep into the dirt - every single time. I honestly don’t know why anyone bothers to engage these folks in debate. You’re only opening the floodgates of self-pity and resentment for those who enjoy stewing in racial anger.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Where have I ever said that I was a victim? That is the point. I don't get on here talking about myself and my personal experiences. I post things that happen to other people, so how do I have a victim mentality if I am not mentioning that I have personally been a victim?

Just so you know, Indentured Servant is based upon being a tax payer in a nation that has a debt of 60 trillion dollars when unfunded liabilities are included. Soon we will just be working to pay off the interest on the debt and the debt.

You, you like to bring up Jews every time the issue is discrimination against blacks. You try to use the Jewish struggle to discredit the black struggle. You like to point to Jews as VICTIMS, but VICTIMS who have risen above blacks.....so blacks can't use being VICTIMS to explain their condition. That is your whole MO....and that is not the abbreviation for Michelle Obama.

Your totally transparent!
Again....for anyone else reading this....

I bring up Jews to point out that blacks have it within themselves to improve their outcomes in life, despite persecution. It is not ONLY whites' fault. But liberals, especially black liberals who are among the most anti-Semitic (according to studies) can't have that revealed.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:53 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Here is the thing, though, that younger people today don't really grok about Boomers and older generations:

Boomers are from a totally different planet than the one younger generations have grown up on.

It's a freaking different planet, particularly racially.

For most Boomer children, the mass growing into adolescence by the late 60s, America was black and white, and nearly completely white.The very complexion of society was different. There was no such thing as "bi-racial"--you were white or you were black. There were, of course, pockets of Asians and Native Americans, but those were pockets that you heard about now and then. Or saw in a war movie or a western. Or in strange places that nobody you knew was from, like Los Angeles or New York City. At any rate, wherever they were, they kept to themselves.

The average white child's life did not include anything but white people. We didn't play on the same playgrounds, we didn't go to the same movie theaters, we didn't go to the same swimming pools, we didn't go to the same schools.

That white kid would likely never know a black person by name until he started working (if then). And the black people he did meet would be in a social station clearly below his.

Even for white children who somehow had blacks within their personal sphere, the world they were shown on television was still nearly wholly white. This was particularly true of programming specifically aimed at children. "The Flintstones" was all white, "The Jetsons" was all white. Sitcoms on television were all white. Even the street scenes were all white.

Watch an episode of "Leave it to Beaver" on YouTube. That was the way nearly all of television was. That was how life was for the majority of Boomers.

For Boomers, America was supposed to be white and for whites. That was the planet on which we were raised. That's what was inculcated into us as children.

It is said, "As the twig is bent, so grows the tree." Unless a Boomer has made a particular personal effort to change his way of thinking (and most people never do that), that planet is still the "right" planet in his psychology.

Even for those who have changed their way of thinking, there still remain unconscious reflexes that have to be fought.

And that's true for black Boomers as well. A couple of years ago, my wife and I were driving through one of the "old money" areas of Dallas. We saw a young black man jogging on the sidewalk. I noticed him. Noticed him. My wife even grunted--she had also noticed him. Why did we notice him? Because we didn't expect to see him there--and that was a reflexive expectation taught to us as children, that white people belong in a certain place and black people belong in a certain place. Reflexive.

And we aren't the only ones. How many black people were surprised to learn that black women were on the ground floor in NASA in the fifties?

As black people, our notice was followed up by "All right. Good on him."

But white people our age would also have noticed him, and their responses would not have been so benign, unless they had taken care to change the pattern of thinking that was inculcated into them as children.

It was a different planet.
It certainly was and I totally agree with you. It was vile back them. I am in my 50's and I KNOW. Those people are long from having died off. If you were raised by people like that.....deep in your subconscious that programming still exists and you have to be cognizant of it in order to offset it, if you accept it as being wrong.

I think many whites are faced with a dilemma in regards to who to look down upon. They have to chose between seeing their loved ones, parents and grand parents, as vile, ugly people for their racism and all the damage that it caused to others........OR.....find a current rationalization to look down upon the people that there loved ones looked down upon to justify why their loved ones looked down on them. If they can find fault in black people, then their parents and grand parents were not vile, ugly people. In other words, in order to clear the image of their loved ones, they have to tarnish the image of black people. What they usually end up using to tarnish them are the REACTION and PROBLEMS that evolved from past oppression from whites. If past racism broke a leg of black people, metaphorically, instead of looking back at those who were responsible for breaking it as bad people, the current generation will use the LIMP as some sort of justification for looking down on black people for not being able to keep up with the rest of society. They will see the limp as a genetic trait and not the work of their antecedents.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:59 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Another leftist who blames every bad outcome among black people on racism, and then tells a Jew who is proud of how her family rose from poverty to upper-middle class in two generations to stop playing the victim card. It's unreal how desperate these liberals are to hide the fact that Jews succeed. Can't let it be known that personal choices impact one's success - so they revert to shutting the Jew up.

Lord help us. Please do not allow a liberal to gain the WH.
Did your family rise up from poverty in Egypt or Germany? From what I know of history....that is where Jews were oppressed. Blacks were oppressed RIGHT HERE. This is not the land of Jewish oppression. Here you benefited from being white.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:00 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
If past racism broke a leg of black people, metaphorically, instead of looking back at those who were responsible for breaking it as bad people, the current generation will use the LIMP as some sort of justification for looking down on black people for not being able to keep up with the rest of society. They will see the limp as a genetic trait and not the work of their antecedents.

Good analogy.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Good lord. You've done nothing but play the victim in this entire thread. Even your user name screams out victim. Waaaaa..... It's all whites' fault!

And where do I say I was a victim? I'm certainly not! My family rose from being impoverished Europe to having all college graduates in the first generation, and doctors and lawyers in two generations - even as Hitler was murdering their relatives. Here in the States, Jews couldn't get hired for jobs, yet they succeeded despite that! You HATE that I bring up how Jews overcame persecution because it shows that personal behavior goes a long way to overcoming bigotry. And THAT is why antisemitism is so much more prevalent among blacks - as you yourself admitted when you said how much you admire Farrakhan. Oh, the irony.j

You missed the point, given your blindness. I was pointing out that liberals are complaining that Jews are "weaponizing antisemitism" while at the same time they are "weaponizing racism." And you're at the top of the hypocrites doing that.

HInt: if you're going to blame the evils of bigotry for black people's problems, don't reveal how much you admire the #1 Antisemite in the country. it makes you look like someone who is perfectly fine with the most venemous bigotry, as long as it isn't against blacks.

P.S. The only reason I am lowering myself to engaging with self-proclaimed antisemtic Farrakhan admirer is for anyone else reading this. Otherwise, I do not waste my time on bigots.
That has absolutely nothing with the over 40 ethnic groups of Africans brought to the U.S. beginning in the 1600s who had every last one of their cultures, languages, religions, names and other practices literally beaten out of them. And, a color label was placed on them, for which they continued to be persecuted. These same people after getting out of slavery then subjected to Jim Crow, where they lost the equivalent of billions due to being forced from their homes every time whites wanted land. Their wives and daughters raped. Fathers and sons lynched, sometimes women too. Meanwhile your family left their land of oppression in Europe and were able to be educated and build wealth because they were white. Meanwhile Black Americans were still being persecuted left and right. Over 300 years of oppression right here through which all ties - cultural, linguistic, religious, naming etc - to their 40 different ethnicities lost.

What happened to Jews has absolutely NOTHING to do with them. Complete different situation but people like you are forever pressed with comparing yourself of Black Americans. Not the same and never will be.

And here your Johnny-come-lately self comes to talk about an experience about which you have little information. Where do you come from comparing yourself to people from over 40 different ethnicities? What do you know about any of them to begin to grasp the degree of persecution that caused the loss of them ALL?

Last time I checked, you still know you’re Jewish. Persecution didn’t take that from you. Neither did it take ties to your specific lands. So when you can point out the same information for each and every African-American? Then you perhaps you can begin to make some comparisons. But you don’t have that information.

Only someone who is culturally and historically ignorant would make the times of comments you do. You show yourself to be highly uninformed and uncultured.

Thank God for AFRICAN-AMERICANS who largely on their own paved the way for other people of color to come here right here in the land that they were persecuted for over 300 years. Their resilience, intelligence and drive gave us those opportunities.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Did your family rise up from poverty in Egypt or Germany? From what I know of history....that is where Jews were oppressed. Blacks were oppressed RIGHT HERE. This is not the land of Jewish oppression. Here you benefited from being white.
Exactly.

That poster is willfully ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies