Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2019, 08:45 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times

Advertisements

I'm sure they knew he was a racist back when? Why did it have to escalate into this? He should have been removed prob years ago when they first realized he was a nutjob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 08:52 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yeah....its morally superior to beat wobbly tales of left vs right politics deep into the earths mantel. If you want to condemn a behavior, first not be guilty of it yourself, but in another area. I read the right beating a single incident into the ground over and over and over. I see the left do the same thing over Trump. It depends on what your passionate about. You don't like to hear about race and I don't like to hear about the left right politics. That is all you guys want to talk about....Liberals and conservatives....which are often just proxies for other things.....like race.
I personally don’t blame anybody for not wanting to sit in a restaurant next to a rowdy crowd of people, regardless of their color. There is however plenty of evidence to support the stereotype of blacks misbehaving in restaurants. Sorry if that stings, and it most certainly doesn’t apply to all, but it’s true. Anyone who has ever been a server can attest to:

The old “I don’t want to pay for a beverage, so please bring me an entire bowl of sliced lemons and 50 extra sugar packets so I can whip up some table lemonade. I’ll be sure to leave a giant sticky mess for y’all to clean up” freebie trick.

The “We don’t want to pay a large table gratuity, so we’ll ask you to split our group up, but then seat us right next to each other” strategy.

How about the classic ”eat almost everything on my plate, then send it back for being too rare, and demand an unreasonable ‘comp’ for the table” trick.

The church crowd who comes in, occupies a large-top table for two hours, then leaves a 5% tip for the server who ran his/her ass off for these difficult-to-please customers.

I worked myself serving tables while in college and can certainly testify to the truthfulness of such shameful behavior. Some blacks just behave like dicks in restaurants. There’s an element of get-back for some that they just seem to find totally acceptable.

None of what I’m saying here has anything to do with the story at hand, but we’re all lying if we can’t admit to some truth in the matter. And as a reminder for those keeping track, I’m not white.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:02 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I just ignore you in spirit,

Your argument comparing today's Blacks to Jews during Nazi Germany is ridiculous. There is NO persecution of Blacks today, None. Especially not institutionally, nor by Government.
I never said that there was current persecution of blacks. That does not imply, however, that blacks are not suffering the impact, still, of past persecution. Its like the population of Jews today. Jews are not persecuted today in Germany, but the population of Jews in Germany today is a consequence of what happened to the Jews in Germany's past. Ergo, the condition of blacks today, economically, psychologically, geographically, socially, culturally....have all be impacted by the persecution from whites in Americas past.....even though there is not current persecution.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I personally don’t blame anybody for not wanting to sit in a restaurant next to a rowdy crowd of people, regardless of their color. There is however plenty of evidence to support the stereotype of blacks misbehaving in restaurants. Sorry if that stings, and it most certainly doesn’t apply to all, but it’s true. Anyone who has ever been a server can attest to:

The old “I don’t want to pay for a beverage, so please bring me an entire bowl of sliced lemons and 50 extra sugar packets so I can whip up some table lemonade. I’ll be sure to leave a giant sticky mess for y’all to clean up” freebie trick.

The “We don’t want to pay a large table gratuity, so we’ll ask you to split our group up, but then seat us right next to each other” strategy.

How about the classic ”eat almost everything on my plate, then send it back for being too rare, and demand an unreasonable ‘comp’ for the table” trick.

The church crowd who comes in, occupies a large-top table for two hours, then leaves a 5% tip for the server who ran his/her ass off for these difficult-to-please customers.

I worked myself serving tables while in college and can certainly testify to the truthfulness of such shameful behavior. Some blacks just behave like dicks in restaurants. There’s an element of get-back for some that they just seem to find totally acceptable.

None of what I’m saying here has anything to do with the story at hand, but we’re all lying if we can’t admit to some truth in the matter. And as a reminder for those keeping track, I’m not white.
First you chime in upset that race is being discussed and beat into the ground.......now you just come out and show your own racism. Where are the statistics on blacks behaving badly in restaurants? How does your personal experience prove anything about what is generally true at restaurants as it relates to blacks? You are simply demonstrating your feeling about blacks.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:07 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...move/40555631/

If this story is true, then all I can say is that the customer had to be a great tipper. Why else would the customer have the power or pull to keep blacks from sitting near him. I am pretty sure that the customer is not a racist though and that there is really some OTHER reason than race. Maybe he just wants to sit near people with the same values and from two parent homes and good schools and he KNOWS that all the blacks in that area don't meet that criteria, by having personally met them all.
I've seen black customers NOT want to sit near whites.

Go to any company party and all the blacks congregate with other blacks only.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:08 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That is some click bait garbage if I have ever read some. Employee fired...fake employee? If anything it was some loser employee with a racist agenda. The table was reserved.

But it worked for the website. They'll get a bunch of hits off this.
"The table was reserved", will be ignored by black racists.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
First you chime in upset that race is being discussed and beat into the ground.......now you just come out and show your own racism. Where are the statistics on blacks behaving badly in restaurants? How does your personal experience prove anything about what is generally true at restaurants as it relates to blacks? You are simply demonstrating your feeling about blacks.
There’s nothing racist about my comments. Prejudiced, certainly, but not racist.

Knock yourself out with a Google search, or go directly to any server forum on reddit or quora. You probably won’t, and you probably don’t need to, because I’m fairly certain you know there is truth behind my comments.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:13 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
This.

In other words, she can’t respond.
So if a Jew says she doesn't wanr to keep arguing with someone who proudly says he admires the most notorious antisemite in the country, you IGNORE that and focus on putting down the Jew. Got it, liberal. The tolerance for antisemitism among liberals is horrible. No putdowns for someone who praises Farrakhan.....only the Jew who doesn't want to engage with someone like that? Why are you on the side of the Farrakhan supporter and dismissing the Jew?

Jews better be willing to show some respect to Farrakhan admirers, amirite? How dare they want to disengage. And if you don't condemn him for his admiration of Farrakhan, you're just as bad.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
There’s nothing racist about my comments. Prejudiced, certainly, but not racist.

Knock yourself out with a Google search, or go directly to any server forum on reddit or quora. You probably won’t, and you probably don’t need to, because I’m fairly certain you know there is truth behind my comments.
You can use those same applications to look up racist acts by whites. Will you do that? Nope...because I am sure you know that there are many racist whites already. Still, unless you can site studies from scholarly research institutions concluding that blacks behave badly at restaurants, then you have nothing.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
You can use those same applications to look up racist acts by whites. Will you do that? Nope...because I am sure you know that there are many racist whites already. Still, unless you can site studies from scholarly research institutions concluding that blacks behave badly at restaurants, then you have nothing.
Of COURSE there is racist behavior from some whites. I’ve been a victim of it in my own lifetime. It has never defined me however, and my interest in life is not reliving it on a daily basis with strangers online. That is the first and foremost difference between my own personality, and yours.

I recognize that some people are just plain pricks, whereas you believe that white people are pricks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies