Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 06:07 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar. That was a damned fine reason for him to receive a deferrment, but could hardly be called "fleeing". He wasn't hiding out - he was afforded one of the highest educational honors that can be bestowed.

Was Trump at Oxford during the Viet Nam War?
Were you alive during the Vietnam war?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 07:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
He is awesome isn't he? I love the guy. Possibly the greatest President this nation has ever known. I still give the nod to George Washington and Andrew Jackson but Trump has now eclipsed my beloved Ronald Reagan, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and Calvin Coolidge. I applaud our Commander-In-Chief and would proudly serve again, at his direction. It is great to finally have a man hold the office after a 28 year hiatus.

And his wife is such a a refreshing, graceful beauty who has elevated the office of first lady after having it denigrated by the caustic beard Michele/Michael Obama.

Good bless this great nation and God bless Donald Trump.
I don’t understand politician worship.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:43 PM

5,980 posts, read 2,234,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Oh come on it was funny, you have to admit that.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:58 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How is one a draft dodger when a doctor proclaims that they have a physical problem that disallows them from joining our military? Of course the Trump bashers will insist that it was a paid for bogus affliction. I hear Biden had a similar problem but of course the left doesn't want to talk about that.
When Trump was asked which foot had the bone spur, he said he didn't remember. The doctor who wrote him his deferral has two daughters, who both remember him telling them that he faked the deferral for Trump.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:05 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
Quote:
Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar. That was a damned fine reason for him to receive a deferrment, but could hardly be called "fleeing". He wasn't hiding out - he was afforded one of the highest educational honors that can be bestowed.

No don’t you remember where he said he as fighting STDs in the clubs of NY?

Old 11-06-2019, 10:22 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:

Pretty convenient timing for him on getting all those accolades!

Old 11-07-2019, 01:22 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Were you alive during the Vietnam war?
I was 20 in 1972 and a journalism major in college. I followed Nixon's downfall daily in two newspapers and on television.

I didn't go to VN, but I did get tear gassed and clubbed by the cops protesting it.

Old 11-07-2019, 01:25 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Clinton has always been a sneaky bastard. Becoming a Rhodes Scholar to get out of going to Viet Nam was just one episode in a long line of his shenanigans.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:06 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
While Trump faked a boo-boo on his footsie 60,000 brave Americans went to their death and many more came home with permanent life-changing injuries. In a recent Trump interview Trump stated he really didn't like the war in Viet Nam and that it "was just too far away."
It is pathetic to see a cowardly draft-dodger have anything to do with a veterans ceremony of any kind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVrc_DfZL04

Every time I visit a VA medical facility and see our brave veterans missing limbs and feet I am reminded that when they were serving their country Trump was enjoying all the US had to offer.

Old 11-07-2019, 02:14 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That was pretty clever of him to be born just at the right time to graduate college and start at Oxford right during the height of the Vietnam war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies