Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2019, 08:29 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It is true that your lot in life would not drastically improve but it has become a lifestyle for many. Worse, they are enabled by bleeding hearts. But poverty does have a purpose for politicians. Poverty provides politicians a bleeding heart story to play on your emotions so you'll happily support raising taxes ie, help them funnel more money from you to them.

Besides.. What is wrong with expecting, encouraging and making able bodied people get off their duff to pay their way?
Nothing.

Our country desperately needs infrastructure updates/upgrades. I suggest we re-institute FDR-style CCC camps to address those issues. The able-bodied can work off their debt to society for all the public assistance handouts they get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What I mean is, what I do as a person has more to do with my success or failure than what the government does. Sure it has impact. Aside from Federal actions, if it's state or C&C and I find it harmful, I would move (have moved).

I tend toward pragmatism.... if I find something is detrimental, I just try to find the best way to offset it. I guess when you start to feel very strongly, then you get active in politics.

I do not think it is healthy or productive to constantly look at everyone else and either begrudge them what they get (EBT) or be jealous of what they have (someone rich). I keep my eyes and actions focused on me and mine.

I've never thought that say.... if they did away with ALL food assistance that somehow my lot in life would improve or suddenly they would lower my taxes. It never works out that way. /lol
They don't care about the people in poverty or they would encourage and help them move out of poverty instead of giving excuses. One excuse is they claim it is too hard for them to get a proper voter ID. wow, if they can't do that simple thing how in the world can they ever get out of poverty... get the point?

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
OP, people who don't understand will attack you. It is better to ignore their ignorance, learn about taxes and legally position your finances (income/assets) not to be taken to the cleaners.

Hint... It is better to be high net worth than it is to be high income. Taxation just makes it harder for a middle class person to build your wealth so the climb will be hard. Just pay attention to who wants to dig deeper into your pocket (the politician promising the free stuff) as you are trying to build your wealth and vote against them.
Yeah, I noticed the ones who attacked me appear to be completely clueless, or just outright lying. And it's laughable that people throw statements like "Palm Beach County is so rich and democrat so it means that the rich are voting democrat" obviously never bothered to even do a simple google research into the median income of Palm Beach county residents. It's below $30,000 annually. The newly elected mayor is only getting $50,000 and is fighting to raise it to $80,000. I am against this because all I see with this raise is higher property taxes, and the fact we just passed a vote to increase teacher's pay, and that this mayor increase is going to hurt the teachers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Our vote doesn't matter anymore. The Left has just about tilted the balance forever after decades of importing third-world (uneducated, lazy, welfare users) permanent democrat voters people to replace us.

America is going to fail, it's clear to me. Whether it's 50, 100 or 200 years from now, it's coming. We can't sustain this insanity much longer...
I feel that way too. It's happening everywhere. And thanks to Trump winning, the democrats can look at all the places he won and just send immigrants there on section 8 to change the voting demographics to make sure they have complete control over everything. It's why we need to pass laws that only second generation American citizens have the right to vote and to hold political offices so foreigners can't just come here, file citizenship and then become a trojan horse to destroy the USA from the inside out.

Quote:
And that is exactly what the left wants you to believe when the opposite is true. The left used all kinds of tactics to silence their opposition prior to the 2016 election (they still do). So the people spoke with their vote.

Remember, dare speak against them, you were called racist etc. Tying people up in legal issues when they tried to form conservative groups. In the end, the silencing worked against the left. They didn't get a warning to change tactics, they thought Hillary was a sure win, and when Trump won they were shocked and they went nuts TDS. You're believing that your vote doesn't matter, means you are not speaking with your vote.
But the way things are going, transplanting democrat voters into conservative areas (I am wary of all of these CA citizens moving the TX and the NY citizens moving to FL because they tend to bring their policies with them) is going to cement the left's stranglehold. I don't know about you, but I personally am worried that after what these extreme leftists did to once great cities like San Francisco, Seattle and now NYC, they will be doing the same thing to the whole country. Turning it into one giant septic tank. Because of this, I will try and work at the company I live in till I can at least get half of my retirement benefits, then I am selling all of my real estate and businesses off and plan on moving out of the country. I want to relocate to Italy since I am half Italian, but people say Costa Rica is more welcoming to American retirees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
On a local level it's game, set, match.

For example. Here in MN Capital St. Paul, we voted on our City Council last Tuesday.

Guess who my options were? Liberal, liberal, liberal, liberal, liberal, liberal.

I am not exagerating when I say this. 6 options - all "woke" democrats. Now, as a conservative, who was I supposed to vote for?

On a national level, it's only a matter of time before it's like my local election (effectively California). Two options like in much of Europe: Liberal and/or extremely liberal.
This is true, that what happens is you have nothing but democrats to choose from, and the worst types. And they work like the damn mafia where they will threaten anyone who dares go up against them.

Quote:
This is true. Left wing policies hurt small business and help big business including supporting open borders, translation, pay lower wages, lower expense, = higher profits.

It is crazy that people think big business and the uber rich support Democrats because they think they have a heart. Then out of the other side of their mouth, people working for these corporations say "they don't care". News flash... no, they don't. That should tell people something about who these big corporations and uber rich support but I guess people can't think that deep.
People don't understand. They live in a bubble and don't see what is really going on. They don't see how the ultra liberal/democrat supporters like Disney, Google, Facebook, Amazon and ATT are counting on democrat politicians to create policies that make it harder for smaller companies to stay in business, and also make it much easier for Disney, Google and ATT to monopolize the whole country. Ever seen the movie Demolition Man with Sylvester Stallone and Sandra Bullock? I kept on saying that this country will become that Utopia if we don't stop all of these laws that restrict our freedoms and voices, and I also thought it would happen through the monopoly wars, and well, look at that, my presumptions are correct. Monopolies happen when a government allows it, and a government allows it because they are supported by the big companies who want nothing but total control, and right now, guess who their alliances are with, the democrat party. You people need to wake the hell up because all you are doing is voting for your own downfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Either the Dem House or the Dem Senate could have stopped it cold in 1993. They didn't.
I have my issues with Trump, but I am glad he stopped TPP from happening, but sadly, we all know that the second a democrat or RINO gets elected, it will be one of the first things they do, and the TPP will be the death of the working class and small businesses of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
Are you in the United States? If you're making $40K per year, the government is not taking a third...
After you take into consideration sales taxes, property taxes, fees and regulations on every little thing from automobile ownership to fishing licenses, then yes, you are paying a third or more of your income to the government.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:30 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
I

Besides.. What is wrong with expecting, encouraging and making able bodied people get off their duff to pay their way?
Exactly. We've been telling my birdlike MIL to get it together and get a job! I hate slackers.

What IS the best job for a vicious conservative who hates everything and has COPD? Can she get paid for watching Fox News?

If you need someone to tell you everything you are doing wrong, she's the person for you!

Mellow drama is free. You're welcome!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-08-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nothing.

Our country desperately needs infrastructure updates/upgrades. I suggest we re-institute FDR-style CCC camps to address those issues. The able-bodied can work off their debt to society for all the public assistance handouts they get.
Politicians are too busy trying to impeach Trump from day one instead of working to improve infrastructure etc...

Old 11-08-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Exactly. We've been telling my birdlike MIL to get it together and get a job! I hate slackers.

What IS the best job for a viscous conservative who hates everything and has COPD? Can she get paid for watching Fox News?

If you need someone to tell you everything you are doing wrong, she's the person for you!

Mellow drama is free. You're welcome!
Your "birdlike MIL" has a terminal disease and like cancer they die slowly. Have you ever had trouble breathing? I hope not because even witnessing someone struggling to breath, lets say that it has to be horrifying. Exacerbation of COPD is horrifying because the struggle to breath is worse, even causing death. Believe me I know they are from both sides of the isle. Why would you make fun of them?

You must be one B of a daughter in law. Always remember, she raised your husband and he loves her despite the fact that she did not lead a perfect life and is not as perfect as you <sarcasm>

Old 11-08-2019, 08:43 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,448,689 times
Another thread devoted to bashing Democrats.

:::::::YAWN:::::::

Old 11-08-2019, 08:45 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Your "birdlike MIL" has a terminal disease and like cancer they die slowly. Have you ever had trouble breathing? I hope not because even witnessing someone struggling to breath, lets say that it has to be horrifying. These people are from both sides of the isle. Why would you make fun of them?
Oh yeah, I watch her panic as she can't breath. It is horrible. Until you make her put on her oxygen monitor and shows she is fine. Like I said, the drama is free.

My Mom has COPD too, it is actually much worse than MIL. She is a rabid dem, and she drives Lyft to supplement her income, and takes no handouts.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-08-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah, I watch her panic as she can't breath. It is horrible. Until you make her put on her oxygen monitor and shows she is fine. Like I said, the drama is free.

My Mom has COPD too, it is actually much worse than MIL. She is a rabid dem, and she drives Lyft to supplement her income, and takes no handouts.
So why would you make fun of them? I really dislike snooty, judgmental people who make fun of ill people. Liberals claim to have more compassion for people yet they think nothing of making fun of people if they don't align with their beliefs.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:

Your mom is in an earlier stage COPD but it gets progressively worse and is terminal unless a stroke, heart attack or other ailment doesn't get her first.

Again, why do you make fun of sick people and act better than thou? What makes you so perfect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies