Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2019, 01:24 PM

88,978 posts, read 44,788,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
To read this thread you bought a computer and pay for internet service. That is just one part of your life where your money rolls into their pocket and you do it voluntarily. Do you rent or own. Either way your money is rolling into their pocket. And on and on. Then you b*tch, moan and complain that they are "taking" your money.

As long as you buy their products, use debt, buy their services of course your money goes to them. So stop doing it. It is funny that people blame them and ignore that the politicians are tied into the scheme. Funnier yet, politicians have you hoodwinked into believing that they are there to help you.
Yep. ALL the complainers are VOLUNTARILY making the rich even richer. And, you're correct. All they have to do to change that is to STOP buying their products and/or services, and STOP taking on any debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 01:45 PM

46,940 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Are you willing to give up products and services to keep your money?
I do that every day. It's known as "Not buying the junk they try to peddle" and it works great. It's sort of the basis of a market economy.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I do that every day. It's known as "Not buying the junk they try to peddle" and it works great. It's sort of the basis of a market economy.
Sure you are So why are you still able to post here??? If you don't want your money to go to someone who is rich cancel your Internet service provider. Get rid of your phone and phone service, cancel your electric and water, don't put gas in your car, sell your car, grow your own food on the land you own. I could go on and on.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:31 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Did someone give you your computer, did they give you your phone. You don't have a TV? You don't take baths or showers? Do you sleep on the floor or on the street?

Yea Dane, sure you do lol

Old 11-08-2019, 02:33 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Quote:
Sure you are So why are you still able to post here??? If you don't want your money to go to someone who is rich cancel your Internet service provider. Get rid of your phone and phone service, cancel your electric and water, don't put gas in your car and give up your car, grow your own food on the land you own. I could go on and on.

Did someone give you your computer, did they give you your phone. You don't have a TV? You don't take baths or showers?
Just because you have electric, phone and internet, etc., it doesn't make you an out-of-control consumer. There are other things to consume besides these things. You can have water and electric and choose not to take showers but a few times a week. You can have one cell phone per family instead of one for each member. You can have one television for your entire house instead of one in every room. You can not drive very much, thereby conserving gas. See what I mean? There are degrees. I don't think in this day and age we can very well do without what we consider these necessities, although I do know there are people who live off grid.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
100% agree. If lefties don't want to make the rich even richer, STOP buying their companies' products and services and do without. Simple as that. Otherwise, you are VOLUNTARILY making them even richer.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:11 PM

8,121 posts, read 3,666,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
According to the IRS, the top 1% and top 0.1% are the two groups with the highest average effective federal income tax rate. And furthermore, the top 400 US 1040 filers (minimum income: $126.8 million) pay an average effective federal income tax rate of over 23%. Meanwhile, the middle class pays an average effective federal income tax rate of only 8% for households with an income above $50,000 through $480,000. Incomes higher than that are the top 1%.

PLEASE stop mindlessly parroting the manipulative propaganda lies the left-wing has spoon-fed you.

More info on the effective federal income tax rate each income group pays in the chart on page 10, here:
https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45145.pdf

The light blue bars are the average effective federal income tax rate for each group.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45145.pdf
Interesting, so another poster was claiming paying 1/3 or more of a 40k income in taxes, and you appeared to justify that at least partially. Now you are saying that anybody below 50k is paying on average negative rate federal tax. So which way is it? Local and state taxes are not going to bring it to 1/3, so don't try that argument.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:19 PM

46,940 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Sure you are So why are you still able to post here??? If you don't want your money to go to someone who is rich cancel your Internet service provider. Get rid of your phone and phone service, cancel your electric and water, don't put gas in your car, sell your car, grow your own food on the land you own. I could go on and on.
Did you specify all products and services? I must have missed that bit.

Not sure what your point was, honestly. Products and services would disappear if we didn't ensure the very rich were kept very rich? Is this some sort of supply-side mumbo-jumbo?

Old 11-08-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Interesting, so another poster was claiming paying 1/3 or more of a 40k income in taxes, and you appeared to justify that at least partially. Now you are saying that anybody below 50k is paying on average negative rate federal tax. So which way is it? Local and state taxes are not going to bring it to 1/3, so don't try that argument.
Federal taxes do not include local and state taxes. In that post, I posted links to average effective federal income tax rates.

Here it is again, FYI. Chart on page 10: https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45145.pdf

The light blue bars are the average effective federal income tax rate for each income group.

Old 11-08-2019, 04:11 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,071 times
Quote:
To read this thread you bought a computer and pay for internet service. That is just one part of your life where your money rolls into their pocket and you do it voluntarily. Do you rent or own. Either way your money is rolling into their pocket. And on and on. Then you b*tch, moan and complain that they are "taking" your money.

As long as you buy their products, use debt, buy their services of course your money goes to them. So stop doing it. It is funny that people blame them and ignore that the politicians are tied into the scheme. Funnier yet, politicians have you hoodwinked into believing that they are there to help you.

It is taking my money. I don't even want internet service anymore. Why would I want it when all it does is mock me with fake google titles everytime I try to search for what is important? I just don't know what else to do. I just want to be able to move out of state. I've also grown to despise money..problem is in order to move I need money. I have worked so hard for years, wanted to move cross country for literally 19 years (I just didn't know I needed it until a few years ago) and I still am not even close to being there. A lot of people in the top 1 percent don't have to worry. They have a marketable talent or are a trust fund baby so even if they have to work it pays off. It's so easy to buy material things you don't really need, like a new TV I could buy tomorrow but a place to live in a state with tolerable weather? Forget it..I'll never get there. That's how broken the system is. Even services aren't equal. An example is how much does Netflix cost? 16 dollars a month and that's with a price hike. My electricity on the other hand has been as much as 200 a month.

Last edited by Nickchick; 11-08-2019 at 04:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies