Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 06:16 AM

23,967 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:
All these Trump Haters......I have never seen any other President in my life time go from state to state to state rally as President Donald Trump.
Someone who cares about his voter base. There is a valuable lesson in all of this. If you truly love your country you will spend the time to visit it.
Thank you Mr.President. Best wishes 2020.
Too bad that while he strokes his supporters he stiffs the towns police department.

So you could say that they are paying for his visit.

Campaign events should be paid for by the campaign.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:22 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Conservatives will stop using the word "fake" when the Dems stop lying.

Looks like we'll be using that word for a very long time.
One could ask that of the conservatives as well i don’t see you asking them to stop lying, or do you believe everything they tell you?

Old 11-07-2019, 06:28 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,900,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
All of this business about a big crowd or a small crowd means nothing. Yes, Trump is usually able to draw a large crowd, but who are they ? His base is generally blue collar workers, who are not very well educated, and who do not really look at the issues or the candidate. They have always been Republican and will always be Republican, even if you ran a monkey on a tricycle as their candidate.

In addition, his crowds are pretty much the same people who attend professional wrestling matches, and many of them are not actually his supporters, but they just show up to see this side show, out of curiosity. Even if he drew a crowd of 50,000, it would not mean a thing.
Sorry DON, but your assessment is one of the reasons Hillary lost the election.
I am a Trump supporter and so are most of our friends who are college educated, business owners and managers.
We do look at the issues and that is why he has our votes. We look at all the empty factories littered around mainly due to the one sided trade deals prior administrations signed. Due to these trade deals I lost my positions three times and finally gave in and moved off shore for two years to feed my family.
We see all the illegal immigrants lined up at Walmart with their SNAP cards pushing two buggies of stuff along with their anchor babies. They can't speak a word of English but that card talks!
We see all the illegal immigrants taking over the skilled trades, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, brickmasons, and heavy equipment operators putting existing companies out of business due to their low labor costs and oh yes, none have a license as it is held by the company they work for.
We see when we travel out of the country in Mexico where the water is so polluted that one can almost walk on water, we see in India where one can hardly take a breath due to the pollution. We read where China adds twice as much CO2 to the atmosphere as the US and is the largest polluter of our oceans but yet the activists center on the US and the UK. Tightening our laws will only move more jobs off shore where there are no regulations.
I see companies prior to Trump move out of the country to avoid our worlds highest income tax like Burger King as an example.
I see the government allowing sales of companies to China like Smithfield Foods where at some point, it will come back to haunt us. Uranium is another example, I could go on!
I see our veterans not being taken care of by the VA after their sacrifices.
Oh and just so you know, I voted for Clinton twice, Obama twice for hope and change and just got more of the same.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:53 AM

29,437 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
I am a Trump supporter and so are most of our friends who are college educated, business owners and managers.
We do look at the issues and that is why he has our votes. We look at all the empty factories littered around mainly due to the one sided trade deals prior administrations signed. Due to these trade deals I lost my positions three times and finally gave in and moved off shore for two years to feed my family.
We see all the illegal immigrants lined up at Walmart with their SNAP cards pushing two buggies of stuff along with their anchor babies. They can't speak a word of English but that card talks!
We see all the illegal immigrants taking over the skilled trades, electricians, plumbers, carpenters, brickmasons, and heavy equipment operators putting existing companies out of business due to their low labor costs and oh yes, none have a license as it is held by the company they work for.
We see when we travel out of the country in Mexico where the water is so polluted that one can almost walk on water, we see in India where one can hardly take a breath due to the pollution. We read where China adds twice as much CO2 to the atmosphere as the US and is the largest polluter of our oceans but yet the activists center on the US and the UK. Tightening our laws will only move more jobs off shore where there are no regulations.
I see companies prior to Trump move out of the country to avoid our worlds highest income tax like Burger King as an example.
I see the government allowing sales of companies to China like Smithfield Foods where at some point, it will come back to haunt us. Uranium is another example, I could go on!
Oh and just so you know, I voted for Clinton twice, Obama twice for hope and change and just got more of the same.
Spot on !!

Old 11-07-2019, 07:01 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/1192274624832294912

He didn't even fill that small venue.
Yes he did and always does.. I have been to three Trump rallies and they count how many can get it.. the fire marshal makes sure it is not over crowded. Usually at the events the people are not standing on the floor.. Trump rallies have many standing in front on the floor. There is a limit and I bet there were thousands who could not get it. They are always people who can't get it. People move to get a better look at Trump.. they are headed down to the floor.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:08 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/1192274624832294912

He didn't even fill that small venue.
FAKE NEWS! This lie of a thread should be locked, or at least the LIE of this thread title should be edited.

Pathetic.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:18 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Look at the photo.

The upper section to the right is less than half full.

The section to the left has empty seats.

Who you gonna believe? Trump minions or your lying eyes?

Old 11-07-2019, 07:21 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
They most certainly do count the space on occupied on the floor.

For example, with the Monroe Civic Center, there are 5,600 seats. However, including the floor space, it has a capacity of 7,200.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monroe_Civic_Center

Old 11-07-2019, 07:21 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
All of this business about a big crowd or a small crowd means nothing. Yes, Trump is usually able to draw a large crowd, but who are they ? His base is generally blue collar workers, who are not very well educated, and who do not really look at the issues or the candidate. They have always been Republican and will always be Republican, even if you ran a monkey on a tricycle as their candidate.

In addition, his crowds are pretty much the same people who attend professional wrestling matches, and many of them are not actually his supporters, but they just show up to see this side show, out of curiosity. Even if he drew a crowd of 50,000, it would not mean a thing.
Making yourself look bad with another broad sweeping statement about who voted for Trump - but that's OK - maybe you'll finally get one right in the next 4 yrs of his presidency.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:22 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies