Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 07:47 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Another poster (Travis, hi!) brought up a conference held in an ultra-liberal city entitled "Weaponizing Anti-Semitism," further revealing that Omar, from another state entirely, reached out to express interest.

My first interpretation of this concept was, I now see, wrong. I thought it meant that Dems would somehow try to capitalize on the anti-Semites among their Democratic voters - such as those leading the bigoted Women's March (they kicked the one-and-only Jew out of a leadership role because she was told that blacks would be uncomfortable with a Jew in a high position), those who support the anti-Semitic BDS movement (as it has been so declared), the hundreds of thousands of Farrakhan supporters cheering on as he calls Jews "termites," even those in DC who rallied behind the support of the DC councilman who blamed greedy Jews for causing a snowstorm.

But wait....I was wrong. That isn't what they meant, and I realized it when I myself was accused of "weaponizing antisemitism" and told I probably wasn't Jewish at all (on this forum). What they meant is that Republicans are trying to make "an issue" over antisemitism when it is NBD in order to get Jews to vote for the Republican.

Two points:

1. This has morphed into a very dangerous situation, to where any Jew bringing up antisemitism is promptly put in her place and told to stop "playing the victim" - and in doing so, is conveying the message, especially to anti-Semites, that complaints about Jew-hatred will be pushed under the rug, with an extra bit of venom bestowed on the Jew who dared complain. In fact, it's morphed even further, to where discussions that do NOT have anything to do with antisemitism, but merely where one talks about the positives of Jewish people, is also called "weaponizing anti-Semitism. It has become the default position of leftists to shut the Jews up (unless they are liberal Jews, in which case they can sometimes even join in).

2. The hypocrisy is astounding. Here we have Democrats calling everyone and everything "racist' (rice, sneakers, AP honors classes, etc.) in order to get blacks angry at whites - and show their anger at the polls (via a vote for the Democrats). So if anyone is "weaponizing ANYTHING," it is the Dems who are "weaponizing racism". (Yet, when I brought this up on another thread, a black leftist who does nothing but bemoan the effects of slavery on blacks promptly reverted to the default position, and told me to "stop playing the victim."

To summarize, we have Dems delegitimizing valid claims of anti-Semitism while exaggerating racism for the votes. The REAL problem is "weaponizing racism."
All Jews are women?

You sure have a "Victim" mentality. I am not talking about Jews having a victim mentality......Just you as an alleged Jewish person. You and your identity politics.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:03 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Here's an interesting explanation as to the "paradoxical allegiance" of Jews to Democrats despite the anti-Semitism masquerading as "anti-Zionism". Excellent read about how the progressive Jews have been pretty much indoctrinated into liberalism ever since their grandparents voted for FDR (despite his slamming the door on Jews fleeing Hitler) and why they are blinding themselves to the antisemitism permeating the Party.

As we discussed, this will only get worse as progressive Jews side with Muslims who partner with anti-Semitic groups and advance anti-Semitic tropes.

https://www.newenglishreview.org/Nor...ocratic_Party/
Thanks! I'll read it. I've read some of Dennis Prager's thought on the matter. As you know he is a conservative Jew, and a very smart guy.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:08 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
All Jews are women?

You sure have a "Victim" mentality. I am not talking about Jews having a victim mentality......Just you as an alleged Jewish person. You and your identity politics.
An "alleged" Jewish person? (Just what I said in my OP. They accuse people of pretending to be Jewish as part of the "weaponizing antisemitism" claim.) Victim mentality? Identity politics? Could you BE any more hypocritical if you tried? (And you're REALLY proving the premise of this thread.)

This is exactly what I am talking about. Jews who bring up the horrible charge that people complaining about antisemitism are "weaponizing antisemitism" - and then liberals go on to call the Jew doing it "playing the victim"! And don't make a swipe and say "it's only me." THAT's the POINT of the thread! It's pervasive! That's why there are conferences coming up with tactics to delegitimize concerns about antisemitism and acceptance among Democrats when their leaders partner with anti-Semitic organizations like MIFTA.

To liberals, antisemitism isn't so bad - and you've explained why they think that: Because Jews have succeeded! And because liberals blame poor outcomes on someone else, that means Jews can be thrown under the bus. Because they're successful. (How DARE they succeed and show that good values and correct choices contribute to success, and poor values and bad choices contribute to failure?)

And what's this about "identity politics"? Could this poster BE any more hypocritical. All he does in blame white people for ALL the problems in the black community, painting them as bigtime victims, while ALSO praising the most notorious anti-Semite of our time.

Here's a mirror: You are nothing but a black liberal playing the "woe is me.....blacks are victims of whites and have NO responsibility whatsoever for their own outcomes" while simultaneously accusing someone of PRETENDING to be Jewish and falsely playing the victim card.

Go away, Farrakhan supporter. Any response to you is for the benefit of other readers. I normally would never stoop to engaging with someone who joyfully tells a Jew how much he admires Farrakhan. Reverse that, and think how YOU would feel if some bigot told you how highly he thinks of the Grand Poobah of the KKK? Pretty damn nasty, wouldn't you say?

Old 11-08-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Thanks! I'll read it. I've read some of Dennis Prager's thought on the matter. As you know he is a conservative Jew, and a very smart guy.
You're welcome. It really is a matter of their liberalism outweighing their Judaism (and concerns about antisemitism), which is why you see the pattern switch as you move up the "observance ranking." I myself have become more affiliated with very religious Jews these past two years as I can't stand the secular Jews defend terrorist-affiliated Muslims. (There's a saying that Jews are the only ones who will vote against their own self-interests.)

I should post that article from the liberal Jewish professor who wrote Jews shouldn't worry about the anti-Semites; it's more important to fight against racism. You wouldn't believe the level of denial in that article!

Old 11-08-2019, 08:19 AM

Taking a more broad look, here's a great article from Commentary (a well-respected Jewish publication) about anti-Semitism in the Democrat Party, and the Jews' and other Democrats' attempts to sweep it under the rug or outright deny the most blatant expressions of it. Another excellent read, IMO.

(James Clyburn actually had the nerve to say that "families of Holocaust survivors need to check their privilege"?!! Where's the outrage?)

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/p...anti-semitism/

Old 11-08-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
An "alleged" Jewish person? (Just what I said in my OP. They accuse people of pretending to be Jewish as part of the "weaponizing antisemitism" claim.) Victim mentality? Identity politics? Could you BE any more hypocritical if you tried? (And you're REALLY proving the premise of this thread.)

This is exactly what I am talking about. Jews who bring up the horrible charge that people complaining about antisemitism are "weaponizing antisemitism" - and then liberals go on to call the Jew doing it "playing the victim"! And don't make a swipe and say "it's only me." THAT's the POINT of the thread! It's pervasive! That's why there are conferences coming up with tactics to delegitimize concerns about antisemitism and acceptance among Democrats when their leaders partner with anti-Semitic organizations like MIFTA.

To liberals, antisemitism isn't so bad - and you've explained why they think that: Because Jews have succeeded! And because liberals blame poor outcomes on someone else, that means Jews can be thrown under the bus. Because they're successful. (How DARE they succeed and show that good values and correct choices contribute to success, and poor values and bad choices contribute to failure?)

And what's this about "identity politics"? Could this poster BE any more hypocritical. All he does in blame white people for ALL the problems in the black community, painting them as bigtime victims, while ALSO praising the most notorious anti-Semite of our time.

Here's a mirror: You are nothing but a black liberal playing the "woe is me.....blacks are victims of whites and have NO responsibility whatsoever for their own outcomes" while simultaneously accusing someone of PRETENDING to be Jewish and falsely playing the victim card.

Go away, Farrakhan supporter. Any response to you is for the benefit of other readers. I normally would never stoop to engaging with someone who joyfully tells a Jew how much he admires Farrakhan. Reverse that, and think how YOU would feel if some bigot told you how highly he thinks of the Grand Poobah of the KKK? Pretty damn nasty, wouldn't you say?
I am not proving the premise of this thread, you created this thread in whole or in part motivated by our previous exchanges....lol. Reference to things I have said are sprinkled through your diatribe. I am not a "Democrat". I don't claim to be a Democrat. I am just anti-BS. You like to use your "victim card" and to play "Identity politics" as a weapon to be used against blacks positions on certain issues. You then come in with talk of Jews to discredit blacks.

Do you work for the Russians? Radinka Bullcrapinov?

Old 11-08-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am not proving the premise of this thread, you created this thread in whole or in part motivated by our previous exchanges....lol. Reference to things I have said are sprinkled through your diatribe. I am not a "Democrat". I don't claim to be a Democrat. I am just anti-BS. You like to use your "victim card" and to play "Identity politics" as a weapon to be used against blacks positions on certain issues. You then come in with talk of Jews to discredit blacks.

Do you work for the Russians?
And THAT is how liberals discredit very legitimate concerns about antisemitism. Any complaints about the tolerance and excuse-making for the awful things Democrats do and say in regard to Jews is turned around to attack the Jew. Russia! Russia! Russia! Weaponizing antisemitism! Victim mentality! It is a very insidious way to get the Jews to shut their pie holes about anti-Semites, so that full attention can go back to the Democratic campaign tactic of weaponizing racism.

And YOU started an entire thread because some white person allegedly didn't want to sit next to some black people. But if a Jew complains, it's Russia....Russia....Russia.

Finally, you think I started this thread in response to YOU? Wow. A new low for liberal arrogance. I would have loved for you to just stay away from this thread, as people who have bragged about supporting anti-Semites have no business here.

(And do you work for Farrakhan? I'm beginning to think you do.)

Old 11-08-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
And THAT is how liberals discredit very legitimate concerns about antisemitism. Any complaints about the tolerance and excuse-making for the awful things Democrats do and say in regard to Jews is turned around to attack the Jew. Russia! Russia! Russia! Weaponizing antisemitism! Victim mentality! It is a very insidious way to get the Jews to shut their pie holes about anti-Semites, so that full attention can go back to the Democratic campaign tactic of weaponizing racism.

And YOU started an entire thread because some white person allegedly didn't want to sit next to some black people. But if a Jew complains, it's Russia....Russia....Russia.

Finally, you think I started this thread in response to YOU? Wow. A new low for liberal arrogance. I would have loved for you to just stay away from this thread, as people who have bragged about supporting anti-Semites have no business here.

(And do you work for Farrakhan? I'm beginning to think you do.)
Lol....I have never once suggested that you not speak your mind. I encourage you to speak your mind. Let the world hear you. Its YOU who want people silenced and claim to put them on "IGNORE"....because you don't want to hear with they are saying....lol.

I give your life meaning...lol Just think of how boring your day would be without me....your attempts at ignoring me all fail because I am "Irresistible"

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 11-08-2019 at 08:51 AM..

Old 11-08-2019, 08:43 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times
The National Democratic Party only seem to care about Jewish people when it comes time to fish for their votes. Rest of the time they take their party support for granted. Step onto the most liberal universities and you can witness hatred towards Jews unless the Jews express hatred toward Israel and social & political conservative issues.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The National Democratic Party only seem to care about Jewish people when it comes time to fish for their votes. Rest of the time they take their party support for granted. Step onto the most liberal universities and you can witness hatred towards Jews unless the Jews express hatred toward Israel and social & political conservative issues.
Now here is this Conservative with "VICTIM" in the name of his alias....lol. What is that word conservatives are always casting aspersion upon the left for encouraging? Oh yeah.....a "Victim" mentality...lol.

Normally I listen to comedy on XM radio in the morning (while you guys are probably tuned in to your favorite left or right radio talk shows). However, I am finding that I can find just as much comedy reading the post of conservatives/republicans on CD. You guys are funny as helicopter. You do it with a strait face too....that is what really gets me laughing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies