Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 04:04 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,518,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
She must have been on speed. He should have tazed her.

If she was mentally-ill, and not necessarily on illegal drugs, one of the symptoms when she began to break- down....... would be irrational behavior, accelerated speech, accelerated mannerism, mania, hallucinations, delusions, and possibly some violence. Not everyone that is mentally- impaired shows signs of violence, but it happens. Now, if she was mentally-ill, and had taken illegal drugs, she would be violent, because they are not supposed to be mixed. Speed alone would have made her extremely violent.......

The issue with most police departments is that they are not taught to deal with the mentally-ill........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 06:43 AM

35,045 posts, read 16,987,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
White woman (possible mentally ill) and Black cop.

In terms of scissors would taser not have been more appropriate rather than straight to firearms.

Let's form a White Lives Matter movement and tie up traffic! And say we live in fear and can't work productively.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Just pathetic. Cops can’t even overpower a woman with scissors nowadays? Gotta take it to the guns, huh? That’s our cop’s only answer anymore. Shoot em.

Sorry, I’m the outlier here. I don’t support this action. Shooting the mentally disturbed is abhorrent to me in this situation. I wanna see this cop fired and put on trial.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:18 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Just pathetic. Cops can’t even overpower a woman with scissors nowadays? Gotta take it to the guns, huh? That’s our cop’s only answer anymore. Shoot em.

Sorry, I’m the outlier here. I don’t support this action. Shooting the mentally disturbed is abhorrent to me in this situation. I wanna see this cop fired and put on trial.
Well you're consistent in your criticism of police. I did also say it didn't seem necessary or really right, but it seems to be the protocol so I blame the protocol more than the officer. I mean I do blame the officer but the protocols protect and encourage him.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:51 AM

52,233 posts, read 52,648,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Well you're consistent in your criticism of police. I did also say it didn't seem necessary or really right, but it seems to be the protocol so I blame the protocol more than the officer. I mean I do blame the officer but the protocols protect and encourage him.
I'm curious as to what is exactly the protocol for these situations. I think if the officer followed protocol then obviously he was within his rights. I wonder if these types of situations could have been avoided and this woman not killed. I really don't like second guessing the officer as I wasn't there and I don't know much about it all.

Old 11-11-2019, 11:59 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,869,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm curious as to what is exactly the protocol for these situations. I think if the officer followed protocol then obviously he was within his rights. I wonder if these types of situations could have been avoided and this woman not killed. I really don't like second guessing the officer as I wasn't there and I don't know much about it all.
I think the protocol handed down by the supreme court is basically, the officers can use deadly force if they reasonably perceive a threat even if the threat isn't actually present. It leaves a lot of room to claim there's a perceived threat.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:23 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,230,068 times
This was totally an unnecessary kill in my opinion. Granted, I don't know all the details. I mean, if she had already killed someone, fine. But I doubt that was the case. He could have called for backup rather than escalate the situation to the point that she came after him with a scissors. No, I don't think he should be prosecuted. He was probably "justified" but didn't handle it well at all.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:27 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,257,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
He warned her multiple times to drop the weapon. She approached him with a sharp object so he shot her. The cop did the right thing.

I'm glad she's dead, because it was either her or the police officer.
Yep
Don't threaten a cop. Live to see another day.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:02 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,749,452 times
Anyone who takes a LEO job today is out of their minds. You basically have to let someone stab you before you can defend yourself according to some of these prior posts..

Old 11-11-2019, 01:43 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,367,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty
He warned her multiple times to drop the weapon. She approached him with a sharp object so he shot her. The cop did the right thing.

I'm glad she's dead, because it was either her or the police officer.
The chance of that woman killing a healthy man with those scissors is approximately zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies