Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 11:40 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

I didn't realize Presidents can't pardon an impeached official
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2019, 06:11 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The whistleblower is a liar? The entire diplomatic corps, except Volker, have confirmed the whistleblower's allegation that Trump tried to extort Ukraine by withholding missiles in exchange for illegal assistance to Trump's reelection campaign.
The transcript proves the Whistle Liar is a big fat liar...most likely he was paid to report the gossip he heard which has been proven patnently false.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:18 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Jim Jordan et al will ask for a subpoena to try to force the whistleblower to appear. One problem: that's illegal.

The Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act of 1998 provides that an inspector general’s office shall not provide to Congress or the public any personally identifiable information on a whistleblower without the whistleblower’s consent.

Surely the Republicans know the law. Apparently they don't care about following the law, just like their leader.
How is that illegal? Whistleblower protections apply to the office/department where they work. It does not immune them from being subpoenaed by an outside agency like the House of Reps. You people need to come back down to earth.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And apparently, the whistleblower can then ignore the subpoena. I mean, if the many administration officials can ignore them without consequence, they obviously have no power to actually compel anyone to appear, right? The GOP can't have it both ways.
The whistleblower cannot lay claim to separations of powers, or executive privilege. Think these things thru, before you speak out.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:24 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
The GOP makes an excellent case for why, after voting for them consistently on a Federal level for 20 years, I should never ever vote for them again. Fortunately, based on 2017, 2018, and 2019 electoral outcomes, it appears I am not the only educated suburbanite to feel that way.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:26 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Again, the whistleblower issue is a red herring at this point since the original alert has been verified by multiple sources. The Trumpublican tactic to try and vilify the whistleblower, as if that will erase the actual crime in the public's mind. They're doing the same thing to the whistleblower's attorney; it's a bullying tactic. Personally I'd be more than happy to have the whistleblower testify, then we can move forward and impeach this lying crook of a President.
Dude's not a "whistleblower". Not even a little bit. He's a leaker. A democratic operative and not too bright I might add. He's going to fold like a dishrag under pressure.

When people intend to take actions or ask questions you don't like, you start blubbering about bullying. LOL. I guess that works for delicate flowers who dish and then claim the mantle of victimhood when they get flack. Pathetic and sad.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The transcript proves the Whistle Liar is a big fat liar...most likely he was paid to report the gossip he heard which has been proven patnently false.

The guy is not a whistleblower, he received classified material he was not cleared for, and then only repeated secondhand hearsay. The person who leaked the info to this guy needs to be charged with violating those laws. so yes, we need this non-whistleblower to take the stand, and tell us who the leaker is, who the people in Schiff's office are, that he leaked to, and tell us how they all colluded to try and take down a president, over hearsay evidence from a felony leaker.

Even if everything these clowns say was true, it's still not illegal for Trump to try an investigate possible corruption by the Bidens, or the foreign interference that took place during the 2016 election campaign.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:31 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The guy is not a whistleblower, he received classified material he was not cleared for, and then only repeated secondhand hearsay. The person who leaked the info to this guy needs to be charged with violating those laws. so yes, we need this non-whistleblower to take the stand, and tell us who the leaker is, who the people in Schiff's office are, that he leaked to, and tell us how they all colluded to try and take down a president, over hearsay evidence from a felony leaker.

Even if everything these clowns say was true, it's still not illegal for Trump to try an investigate possible corruption by the Bidens, or the foreign interference that took place during the 2016 election campaign.
True, the Whistle Liar is a disgrace to the term of Whistleblower. Let's cross exam this butthurt liar and expose his ass.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The GOP makes an excellent case for why, after voting for them consistently on a Federal level for 20 years, I should never ever vote for them again. Fortunately, based on 2017, 2018, and 2019 electoral outcomes, it appears I am not the only educated suburbanite to feel that way.
Cool, then vote for the $40 trillion dollar plans that Warren and Sanders are proposing. Join the millions of other stupid people who will vote for those fools.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Dude's not a "whistleblower". Not even a little bit. He's a leaker. A democratic operative and not too bright I might add. He's going to fold like a dishrag under pressure.

When people intend to take actions or ask questions you don't like, you start blubbering about bullying. LOL. I guess that works for delicate flowers who dish and then claim the mantle of victimhood when they get flack. Pathetic and sad.
He will probably plead the 5th, since he knows how many people will go to jail, or have their careers ruined, if he opens his mouth and tells the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies