Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 04:43 PM

78,398 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
According to this, Trump and family used charity to advance his 2016 campaign.

According to this, Trump has admitted responsibility and the fine.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/11...dation-charity
I really wish you'd have taken the time to read my post and then responded to it.

Old 11-07-2019, 04:46 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I don't care.
As long as the wall is built, conservative jurists continue to be confirmed, and a Democrats does not sit in the Oval Office, then America will continue on the road to prosperity and greatness.
The ends don't justify the means....

Old 11-07-2019, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I don't care.
As long as the wall is built, conservative jurists continue to be confirmed, and a Democrats does not sit in the Oval Office, then America will continue on the road to prosperity and greatness.
Well, that's not how the laws work.

Trump's violation will draw penalties of whatever type are merited regardless of whether he gets NK to give up their nukes, gets China to remove all trade barriers and enforce patents and shoots unicorn rainbows out his butt when he farts.

*shrug*

You are of course free to vote however you like but Trump has been repeatedly caught in corruption etc. and has disillusioned many moderates and even angered some republicans.(like my father)

I gave the guy a fair chance from the start, same as I have done for the others even if I didn't vote for him. He's been mostly a major disappointment.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
It's the Deep State and a conspiracy.
And of course, all Clinton appointees.

Get it?
There is no Deep State. There is no conspiracy.
(It's the zero and a zero).
Not all Clinton appointees are going to following his philosophy to the letter. NO President's has ever had hall his nominees favor his philosophy 100%, and very very few favor the POTUS who appointed them eve 90% of the time.

Yeah, I think I got it.

BTW, Unit 731 is a certain unit of the Japanese Army during WW2, performed biological experiments (including germ warfare) on P.O.W.s in Manchuria. Are you sure you want to be associated with such a group?

Old 11-07-2019, 05:13 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
He pretty much always says, "I won't settle". It's all bluster & with little effect, & part of the con.

Mr. Trump's 'par for the course' litigious business model when sued: respond by counter-suing, make false & sometimes frivolous claims, refuse to reasonable settlements, dragging on lawsuits for years, & so on.

In the past (when not POTUS) he often just threatened counter-lawsuits. A cursory look at many of these scenarios revealed he rarely followed through with his threatened lawsuits & almost always lost when he did.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:38 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Even Trump supporters should simply admit that this guy is completely crooked...of course, some will use false equiv. to act as if all of this is somehow normal and "everyone does it", but this simply is not so. Very few people have every single thing they touch and do be fraudulent or corrupt.

Putting it another way, Trump is in the worst 1% of Cons and Frauds. The fact that this guy occupies public office is a sign we've already lost any credit as an honorable nation.
Was Trump a con and a fraud when he was writing big checks to democrats? They loved him then. They kissed his arse every chance they got.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:49 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,715,223 times
Quote:
I don't care.
So tell me, in a past life, were you a regular German citizen in the 1930's who didn't care what their government was doing so long as things were going well for you? Cuz that's kinda what you sound like.

Old 11-07-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
So tell me, in a past life, were you a regular German citizen in the 1930's who didn't care what their government was doing so long as things were going well for you? Cuz that's kinda what you sound like.
Also sounds like a regular US citizen around 2009 who suddenly didn't care that we kept bombing the crap out of civilians and others in places like Afghanistan and Iraq.

Seriously, if you're going to try to pull out the Hitler card at least have some sense of history beyond some silly talking point you read.

I mean, we're not even talking about old history here....and you have the stones to start throwing around nazi parallels? LMAO.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/07/70090...-anti-semitism

Old 11-07-2019, 06:27 PM

25,570 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
I don't care.

Build The Wall, confirm conservative jurists and keep Dems out of the Oval Office, Mr Trump. That's why you were elected. If someone wants to fine you, just pay it and keep right on going.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:53 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
I can hear Trumps defense now. “ I might do crooked things but it doesn’t make me a crook”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies