Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 10:32 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Yeah, he foiled his own plan by releasing the aid before getting anything in return for it. What a crook.
Again, he only released the aid because this whole scheme went public, same reason this interview was cancelled.

Old 11-08-2019, 12:18 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
https://www.thedailybeast.com/ukrain...nn-says-report

The sinkhole just keeps getting deeper. There goes the whole “they didn’t know so it can’t be a quid pro quo”.

There goes the “but Trump never extracted it so it doesn’t count”.
Who cares? It's all perfectly proper and commonplace.

And your details don't matter when the Dems have already admitted from the start that they need to prop this thing up with lies because, in their own view, the reality wasn't bad enough to justify impeachment.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:57 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Who cares? It's all perfectly proper and commonplace.

And your details don't matter when the Dems have already admitted from the start that they need to prop this thing up with lies because, in their own view, the reality wasn't bad enough to justify impeachment.
That's why Schiff totally made up his own version of the conversation and read that instead of the actual Fed Gov version into the Congressional Record. Who does that? That's the kiss of death. Reality didn't fit Schiff's agenda, so he made up his own fictional version. It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen, and will likely be a Poli Sci case history studied by university students for decades to come.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:02 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Links please.
Don't play dumb with me.

You have been participating in political discussions on this forum since 2006. I know for a fact that you are well aware that Hilary Clinton used her own personal email server, and that she sent and received classified material thru emails, using that server.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:07 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Don't play dumb with me.

You have been participating in political discussions on this forum since 2006. I know for a fact that you are well aware that Hilary Clinton used her own personal email server, and that she sent and received classified material thru emails, using that server.
I do know Hillary was cleared in the email probe.
https://www.newsweek.com/hillary-cli...-probe-1466426

I also know the former Ukraine prosecutor found no evidence of wrongdoing by Biden.
https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...ongdoing-biden

I have always said if there is wrongdoing or criminal activity on EITHER side, then less the criminals be prosecuted.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:11 PM

2,003 posts, read 760,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I do know Hillary was cleared in the email probe.
https://www.newsweek.com/hillary-cli...-probe-1466426

I also know the former Ukraine prosecutor found no evidence of wrongdoing by Biden.
https://www.latimes.com/politics/sto...ongdoing-biden

I have always said if there is wrongdoing or criminal activity on EITHER side, then less the criminals be prosecuted.
She wasn’t cleared, comey cane up with some BS intent version required for prosecution. That should have been a decision for the US Attorney. My conclusion in all of this is, everyone one of them is crooked on both sides of the isle.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:17 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
There goes the “but Trump never extracted it so it doesn’t count”.
The stock market closed at an all-time record high this week. It knows that the whole impeachment thing is a nothing burger and a sham.

Democrats need to give it up.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:17 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The Biden deals in both China and Ukraine do smell bad.

1) Obama appointed Joe Biden as the point man for foreign relations with China and Ukraine.

Almost certainly not a coincidence - 2)Just by coincidence, Hunter magically gets high paying positions on the board of director from companies in both China and Ukraine?

Not related, and it wasn't Joe Biden as principal nor was Shokin investigating (Giuliani misquoted Shokin here, unless you have something concrete) - 3)Just by coincidence, Joe Biden withholds $1 billion of US aid unless Ukraine fires the criminal prosecutor investigating the company his son worked for???

Right there we have

a) interfering in a criminal investigation,
b) using $1 billion in a quid pro quo, and
Not sure where anyone even made an incorrect claim that Joe Biden benefited, on the contrary - this was from start to finish a headache for him with Biden on record expressing concern c) both personally benefiting Joe Biden and his son.

And yet... no one on the Democrat side thinks that might be worth investigating, as possible corruption??? But since Trump did believe this was worth investigating, he is the one we need to punish??

What Trump did was totally ridiculous - both in sidestepping process (the US DOJ and the existing FBI - Ukrainian National Anti-Corruption Bureau interchange) and put an unmonitored U.S. investigation into the cesspool of corruption that is Ukraine. Remember - Rudy G. - who now needs his OWN criminal attorneys - was to be in charge.

Total farce, beginning to end.

Hunter Biden joins Burisma Holdings in April 2014, he gets paid $50,000 a month to attend meeting twice a year.

Maybe not coincidence - 4) Just by coincidence, in Oct 2014, Burisma lands a sweet gig with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Sorry, but all of this seems fishy as hell.
Added my comments in bold to your post.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:46 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Again, he only released the aid because this whole scheme went public, same reason this interview was cancelled.
These guys are so off base. This happened. Sondland - the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, named by Trump - met in his official capacity with the aide of the President of Ukraine, to tell him (Transcript):

“I said that resumption of the U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anticorruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks.”

Yermak (the Ukrainian official) heard that, with the details of the statement (the investigations) previously spelled out with it clearly of great importance to Trump personally given that July 25th call.

Zelensky was told about the quid pro quo. This was made public, with now it known worldwide.

That this is unacceptable many consider impeachable. However that plays out, it happened. This wasn't just some crazy scheme that never made it out the door.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:40 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Default Feeling sorry for Zelensky

Here he is, an experienced newbie who ran against corruption, cornered in this awful no-win situation. He'd be reviled by his people if it were known he caved to Trump, and he'd also bey reviled if he lost out on the money they so desperately need.

Zelensky Bowed to Trump’s Demands, Until Luck Spared Him
By Andrew E. Kramer

By then, however, Mr. Zelensky’s staffers were already conceding to what seemed to be the inevitable, and making plans for a public announcement about the investigations. It was a fateful decision for a fledgling president elected on an anticorruption platform that included putting an end to politically motivated investigations.

“We are not idiots, or at least not all of us,” Mr. Klimkin said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/w...-zelensky.html

https://ibexnews24.com/2019/11/ukrai...ck-spared-him/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies