Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2019, 01:52 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,063 times

Advertisements

Like the made-up "45,000" souls per year who died from lack of care before the 2010 passage of ACA.

Old 11-10-2019, 02:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Oh, my where to begin. To other posters. these law do not only apply to PUBLIC schools, but private schools as well. In some urban areas, like NY, these private schools tuition can run to the tens of thousands of dollars a year per student, in addition to what these parents are paying in taxes for public schools.

So just home school? I am sure these well to do parents could just hire a private tutor in lieu of $30,000 per year tuition. Does that solve your problem? These unvaccinated children will never leave the confines of their own homes, especially in rich families, to go to Disney or on European vacations?

Precious Herd Immunity. Is mandating every single Public or Private School child going to give you your 95% Vaccinated Herd Immunity? Every single human being in the country is part of the entire population; public and private students, home school students. and every adult regardless of their age or occupation.This is why some of us can see the writing on the wall for phony vaccinated Herd Immunity. It will not stop with only public and private school children because vaccinated Herd Immunity cannot be "achieved" with only mandating childhood vaccines. Major slippery slope. One fanatic poster on here has said many times, health insurance should be increased for non-compliance with CDC vaccine schedule. She is not only talking about children, but YOU as well.

To parents on here I ask this. Has your child's Lunch Lady gotten her Hep. A or Hep. B. vaccine like your CHILD is mandated to? In addition to those, has your child's Teachers gotten MMR, Varcella, or Meningitis, let alone Shingles or Flu Vaccinations? So you want Adult Staff in schools to be required to get all the vaccines your children get as well?
There is a huge difference in kids being in the same classroom in either a private or public school for 6-8 hours and homeschooled kids being out in the community occasionally.

Slippery slope is a logical fallacy. Herd immunity is not "phony".

I do think school personnel should have to be vaccinated as health care workers do. But that is not the issue here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I guess those christian parents want their children to meet jesus sooner rather than later.
This is not a "Christian" thing, and joking about dead kids isn't funny. The big outbreak in NY was in an Orthodox Jewish community, not that the Jewish religion is opposed to vaccines either. The main issue here is people fraudulently using religious exemptions, anyway. According to the study, religious exemptions increased 740% after VT took away "personal belief" exemptions. This in the 48th least religious state in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
Like the made-up "45,000" souls per year who died from lack of care before the 2010 passage of ACA.
In the decade before the measles vaccine came out, there were about 5000 reported measles deaths in the US. This number is probably considerably under-reported, as some deaths went down as "pneumonia" or "encephalitis".

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 11-10-2019 at 02:46 PM..

Old 11-10-2019, 03:11 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
No, you cannot get flu from a flu shot.

By the way, your friend with the "depleted immune system" may have had a milder episode of flu than she would have had if she had not been vaccinated. An infectious disease expert who posts on another board says he wants people to take the flu vaccine because it keeps them out of his ICU.
You are NOT A DOCTOR and you DO NOT KNOW her. Your opinion is 100% irrelevant and unfounded. /shrug/

And now you are stooping so low as to quote posters opinions from other boards as FACT.

Is there nothing you will not do to promote your provaccine/mandatory vaccine demands of the entire population? The opinion of a neurologist who spent 9 years caring for a chid wasn't good enough for you re a medical exemption, but the opinion of a random poster on another board claiming to be a doctor?

THAT you believe because it supports the view you demand. SMH. Maybe I can ask my cat her opinion and post that for you.

Old 11-10-2019, 03:42 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Your little antidote of YOU is not relevant to evidence that children will survive without vaccinations.

https://adc.bmj.com/content/100/Suppl_1/S34
Reading comprehension. Just ME? There are 20 million of we Seniors over the age 65 who have never had these vaccinations because we had these diseases in our childhood which gave us lifetime immunity. Scratch that propaganda that unvaccinated children will never reach adulthood. Even the 2 most provaccine medical professionals on here had these diseases themselves. Did vaccines save them as well so they could reach their old ages too?

Old 11-10-2019, 03:50 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's wonderful you survived but some other kids your age did not. The childhood mortality rate in 1950 was more than 3x what it is today.
I believe the rates of 5 MILLION children in the US got measles every year back then. 500 died. That is what? 1%? How many died in these measles outbreaks of 1,000? ZERO. If you are so concerned about death rates from unvaccination, maybe you need to MANDATE vaccinations for FLU SHOTS? If you believe statistics, 80,000 people died from FLU COMPLICATIONS. MANDATE THAT. lol That won't be just for children, but YOU as well. Herd Immunity, ya know.

Old 11-10-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Reading comprehension. Just ME? There are 20 million of we Seniors over the age 65 who have never had these vaccinations because we had these diseases in our childhood which gave us lifetime immunity. Scratch that propaganda that unvaccinated children will never reach adulthood. Even the 2 most provaccine medical professionals on here had these diseases themselves. Did vaccines save them as well so they could reach their old ages too?
What's with this strawman argument that "unvaccinated children will never reach adulthood"? No one said that. If that were true, society would never have grown beyond Adam and Eve, or whoever you think the first people were.

What is true that child mortality has dropped significantly since vaccines came along.
"At the beginning of the 20th century, for every 1000 live births, six to nine women in the United States died of pregnancy-related complications, and approximately 100 infants died before age 1 year. From 1915 through 1997, the infant mortality rate declined greater than 90% to 7.2 per 1000 live births, and from 1900 through 1997, the maternal mortality rate declined almost 99% to less than 0.1 reported death per 1000 live births (7.7 deaths per 100,000 live births in 1997)."
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm4838a2.htm

https://knoema.com/atlas/United-Stat...mortality-rate
See graph for infant mortality changes since 1950.

It's harder to find statistics for child mortality.

Old 11-10-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I believe the rates of 5 MILLION children in the US got measles every year back then. 500 died. That is what? 1%? How many died in these measles outbreaks of 1,000? ZERO. If you are so concerned about death rates from unvaccination, maybe you need to MANDATE vaccinations for FLU SHOTS? If you believe statistics, 80,000 people died from FLU COMPLICATIONS. MANDATE THAT. lol That won't be just for children, but YOU as well. Herd Immunity, ya know.
Uh, uh, uh, Jo. We don't do "How to Lie with Statistics" here on CD. I've read that book!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_to...ith_Statistics

The reported number of measles cases in the US in the decade before the vaccine was around 500,000 every year. The reported number of deaths from measles in that decade was around 500. That rate is 1 in 1000. Now the estimated number of cases in those years is more like 4,000,000 because everyone got it, and 4 mil was about the size of the birth cohort every year. I have never seen an estimate of actual deaths. However, in Europe last year, there were 84,000 cases and 72 deaths, roughly 1 in 1000. We just can't seem to get under that number.

Can the strawman stuff. We're supposed to be talking about people exploiting religious exemptions.

Old 11-10-2019, 07:37 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You are NOT A DOCTOR and you DO NOT KNOW her. Your opinion is 100% irrelevant and unfounded. /shrug/

And now you are stooping so low as to quote posters opinions from other boards as FACT.

Is there nothing you will not do to promote your provaccine/mandatory vaccine demands of the entire population? The opinion of a neurologist who spent 9 years caring for a chid wasn't good enough for you re a medical exemption, but the opinion of a random poster on another board claiming to be a doctor?

THAT you believe because it supports the view you demand. SMH. Maybe I can ask my cat her opinion and post that for you.
No, I do not know her. I do not know whether she even exists or whether she was made up by a random poster on this board.

I supported the medical exemption for the child you are referring to. Somehow your weird logic refuses to accept that, but there is nothing I can do about it.

The "random poster on another board" posts under his own name. He is not just "claiming to be a doctor", he is one.

https://www.unr.edu/public-health/faculty/james-wilson

https://www.uchicagomedicine.org/for...he-flu-vaccine

Fact:

"A 2017 study confirmed that flu vaccination reduced deaths, admissions to intensive care units, time spent in an ICU or in the hospital. A recent CDC study found that vaccinated adults hospitalized with influenza were 59 percent less likely to be admitted to the ICU than patients who were not vaccinated."

Old 11-10-2019, 08:44 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
I don't understand religious exemptions. Where does it say God is against them?

Old 11-10-2019, 09:13 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't understand religious exemptions. Where does it say God is against them?
These days "religious exemption" is a stand in for "I do not want to vaccinate my child because ... autism".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies