Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 12:15 PM

8,142 posts, read 3,674,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No one reads your scatter shot, 5000-word responses to 10 different posters.

Medical freedom is parental choice for treatment of their own children without coercion.

Why are people so terrified of freedom?
Sorry, you are not entitled to create health hazard for the rest. So, home schooling would be needed.

And about the "parental choice": there are certain religious groups that don't think any treatment is necessary for any condition. I hope that is obviously unacceptable but maybe not to you?

Old 11-12-2019, 01:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Sorry, you are not entitled to create health hazard for the rest. So, home schooling would be needed.

And about the "parental choice": there are certain religious groups that don't think any treatment is necessary for any condition. I hope that is obviously unacceptable but maybe not to you?
You realize being human is a health hazard?
You realize that people can make their own medical decisions?
At what point are you suggesting forced, mandatory medical care on people?

Do you think in your daily routine that EVERYONE you encounter is fully up to date with EVERY VACCINE recommended by the CDC or ACIP?
Do you think every single adult in the school building as well as all parental volunteers, again, are FULLY up to date with the entire adult schedule as well as catch up for childhood vaccines?

They aren't. Not by a long shot.

Do you plan never to leave your house? That's how to avoid contact with anyone you feel may *cause* you to get sick.

Me? I live my life dangerously out and about in the real world, not terrified of other people's medical care choices.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Fine. I've heard it, many times. When my kids were little, there was no chickenpox vaccine. Many people would diagnose any skin mark as "chickenpox" as the link I provided says.
I've never heard this, ever.

It's a new *argument*./faceplant/

Old 11-12-2019, 02:39 PM

8,142 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
You realize being human is a health hazard?
You realize that people can make their own medical decisions?
At what point are you suggesting forced, mandatory medical care on people?

Do you think in your daily routine that EVERYONE you encounter is fully up to date with EVERY VACCINE recommended by the CDC or ACIP?
Do you think every single adult in the school building as well as all parental volunteers, again, are FULLY up to date with the entire adult schedule as well as catch up for childhood vaccines?

They aren't. Not by a long shot.

Do you plan never to leave your house? That's how to avoid contact with anyone you feel may *cause* you to get sick.

Me? I live my life dangerously out and about in the real world, not terrified of other people's medical care choices.
Risk management. Schools, universities, etc. are prone to quick spreads of various highly contagious diseases. Many of those are highly preventable via vaccinations so it is perfectly reasonable to require those who are enrolled in these schools to have them.

In terms of "own medical decisions", fine, but you'll need to accept the fact that it might limit some things: e.g. want to work in a hospital environment, you need a flu shot, etc.

Now, if you are making decisions for your kids, it could be very different, since they are not able to seek care on their own. I'm not talking about vaccinations in this case.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:00 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Time for popcorn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
This!

Some people can’t have vaccines, so it is important for every else to have them. I am not able to get the flu shot this year due to my allergies.

I have had chicken pox 3 times now, most recently two summers ago. If people were vaccinating their children, I probably would not have caught it.

Old 11-13-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Time for popcorn!
Got it. You believe personal anecdotes ONLY if they support whatever viewpoint you are peddling. If they do not support your viewpoint, the person is uninformed or lying.

Also? This is from a completely different thread. Disclosure.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:04 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
There is new evidence that anti-vaccine parents are exploiting religious exemptions
Exploiting? Lol; we are just playing the game. Call it a 'pie in the sky' exemption, I don't care. I'll say I'm a pie-in-the-skyer' just to play along.

See; I am not 'antivaccine'. The truth is; a vaccine considered 'mandatory' for school killed my child before she was even old enough to enroll but it was the US policy & program that is guilty of her murder.

Truth is; a vaccine considered mandatory for school caused my 15 year old's brain damage & he now attends a BOCES school, where he must spend about 60% of every day in seclusion for the 75 physical assaults he has committed during his autistic meltdowns. He comes home covered in bruises from restraint. He is 6'5" & will never try out for basketball. Turns the heads of every girl in a crowd but will never have a date or go to prom. His life-expectancy has been cut in half by this cruel disability that US policy & program is liable for but will never see one cent of compensation, also due to US policy & program.

I'll claim whatever exemption is available; not because I'm exploiting anything but because I'm TRYING to be a law-abiding citizen. I don't have to do this; I'm playing NICE to do this.

Because once those exemptions are not available & for SURE once vaccines are compulsory?

LOL; I will not sacrifice another child to US policy & program. I will not comply & it will not be another one of MY children going to their grave but somebody else might be. I am less afraid of prison than I am of vaccines killing & disabling my children.

Vaccinate our kids? WE DID. //www.city-data.com/forum/membe...ms-we-did.html

Take the number of photos there, multiply times 1,000 & that is about the amount of vaccine DEATHS (not disabilities) every year. That is not coincidence. You are welcome for my using exemptions. The least you could do is to be grateful that I do.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:46 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Exploiting? Lol; we are just playing the game. Call it a 'pie in the sky' exemption, I don't care. I'll say I'm a pie-in-the-skyer' just to play along.

See; I am not 'antivaccine'. The truth is; a vaccine considered 'mandatory' for school killed my child before she was even old enough to enroll but it was the US policy & program that is guilty of her murder.

Truth is; a vaccine considered mandatory for school caused my 15 year old's brain damage & he now attends a BOCES school, where he must spend about 60% of every day in seclusion for the 75 physical assaults he has committed during his autistic meltdowns. He comes home covered in bruises from restraint. He is 6'5" & will never try out for basketball. Turns the heads of every girl in a crowd but will never have a date or go to prom. His life-expectancy has been cut in half by this cruel disability that US policy & program is liable for but will never see one cent of compensation, also due to US policy & program.

I'll claim whatever exemption is available; not because I'm exploiting anything but because I'm TRYING to be a law-abiding citizen. I don't have to do this; I'm playing NICE to do this.

Because once those exemptions are not available & for SURE once vaccines are compulsory?

LOL; I will not sacrifice another child to US policy & program. I will not comply & it will not be another one of MY children going to their grave but somebody else might be. I am less afraid of prison than I am of vaccines killing & disabling my children.

Take the number of photos there, multiply times 1,000 & that is about the amount of vaccine DEATHS (not disabilities) every year. That is not coincidence. You are welcome for my using exemptions. The least you could do is to be grateful that I do.
Vaccines do not cause SIDS.

Vaccine Safety ● Do Vaccines Cause Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)?

"The IOM concluded that there was no mechanistic evidence for an association between SIDS and diphtheria, tetanus or pertussis vaccination, as the publications reviewed provided no evidence beyond a temporal association."

Vaccines do not cause autism.

https://autismoevaccini.files.wordpr...ith-autism.pdf

"The cohort data revealed no relationship between vaccination and autism (OR: 0.99; 95% CI: 0.92 to 1.06)
or ASD (OR: 0.91; 95%CI: 0.68 to 1.20), or MMR(OR: 0.84; 95%CI: 0.70 to 1.01), or thimerosal(OR: 1.00; 95%
CI: 0.77 to 1.31), or mercury (Hg) (OR: 1.00; 95% CI: 0.93 to 1.07). Similarly the case-control data found no
evidence for increased risk of developing autism or ASD following MMR, Hg, or thimerosal exposure when
grouped by condition (OR: 0.90, 95% CI: 0.83 to 0.98; p = 0.02) or grouped by exposure type (OR: 0.85, 95%
CI: 0.76 to 0.95; p = 0.01). Findings of this meta-analysis suggest that vaccinations are not associated with
the development of autism or autism spectrum disorder. Furthermore, the components of the vaccines
(thimerosal or mercury) or multiple vaccines (MMR) are not associated with the development of autism
or autism spectrum disorder."

Old 11-13-2019, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
She won’t be arrested for not vaccinating her kid. That’s perfectly legal and her choice. However, without a medical waiver, she forfeits access to public school for her kid. That’s all that’s happening. She’s being held to the same rules as all other parents. The fact that she doesn’t get that is unsurprising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Than how can I be reasonably compelled to wear a seatbelt while driving under threat of being stopped and fined if I am found to not be doing so? In such case, I am only putting myself at potential risk while an unvaccinated child is placing other children at risk. Are all laws fascist?

Personally I believe that parents may choose to not vaccinate, but should they do that, their children may not attend any school, public or private. I don’t see how belief in an imaginary sky friend of any type should entitle anyone to special treatment or allow such mythology to place others at risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
True.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The anti-vaxxers do seem to reject science, I wonder if that's in part because they are hostile to scientific ideas such as evolution. And see science as the enemy of religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I guess those christian parents want their children to meet jesus sooner rather than later.
Multi-quoting with my earlier post so the nightmares don't come back tonight & to for maximum visibility.

Vaccinate our kids? WE DID. //www.city-data.com/forum/membe...ms-we-did.html

Old 11-13-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Vaccines do not cause SIDS.

Vaccines do not cause autism.
You CDC may not want them to & they have found one way to work the epidemiology to make it not look like they do.

But they do.

They are.

You can choose to believe everything you are told but don't ever tell me I don't know what happened to my child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies