Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2019, 04:12 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Great post! To add, why has the incidence of SIDS gone DOWN in the US as the vaccine schedule has grown, if vaccines are the cause?

Agreed!

After the measles epidemic of 1989-91, when it was assessed, it turned out that many of the unvaccinated toddler kids who got measles had been to a health care provider at some time in their short lives when they could have received the vaccine. A big push was then made to stop health care providers from using invalid contraindications. A reaction to one vaccine, such as happened with your daughter, most likely from the old whole-cell DTP as that plus oral polio was all infants got at that time, is not and never was a contraindication to any further doses of any vaccine.

Your grandson is not on schedule now. There are no 3 year old vaccines. The infant vaccine schedule is supposed to be completed by age 2. So he's behind anyway. Just sayin'.

Health care providers do not strap down anyone to vaccinate them.

The current recommendation for pertussis boosters in adulthood is ONE dose of Tdap EVER. This is usually given at age 11-12, actually well before adulthood. So can the hyperbole. The reason this is done now is because there is a vaccine that adults can be given. It didn't exist before 2005. That doesn't mean that adults didn't get pertussis before 2005. Note that the ACIP just voted to allow Tdap to be substituted for Td whenever Td is indcated, e.g. wound treatment, dicennial Td boosters (which have long been recommended).
My Grandson is now 5 and was admitted to Kindergarten September in NY, although Flu shots are not required for school in NY.

You need to look up latest on Tdap. It can now be substituted for TD every 10 years. I guess view is cannot be too much? Get up to date.

You never commented on link about pregnant women and Flu and Tdap vaccinations with EVERY pregnancy. How do you propose to enforce that? You cannot vaccinate the child without vaccinating the adult.

Old 11-16-2019, 04:15 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Giving a child a vaccine is potentially lifesaving.

Is restraining a toddler to change a diaper "child abuse"?
No. It's not. Restraining someone so you can stab them with a needle and inject them with a substance they don't want in their body is hardly comparable to changing a poopy diaper.

The fact that you cannot understand that just shows how much you WANT forcible mandatory vaccination. At any and all costs. I don't think you realize how militaristic and authoritarian you are coming across. Your posts indicate you want a medical dictatorship, which would include abuse, loss of freedom and slavery.

Also is this suzy 5 or 6? I've lost count.

Old 11-16-2019, 04:33 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
No. It's not. Restraining someone so you can stab them with a needle and inject them with a substance they don't want in their body is hardly comparable to changing a poopy diaper.

The fact that you cannot understand that just shows how much you WANT forcible mandatory vaccination. At any and all costs. I don't think you realize how militaristic and authoritarian you are coming across. Your posts indicate you want a medical dictatorship, which would include abuse, loss of freedom and slavery.

ROLF you have her number.

Old 11-16-2019, 04:57 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:

Is restraining a child so he cannot run into the street child abuse?

Nope.

Restraining a child is only abuse if it involves giving him a vaccine.

Got it.

Old 11-16-2019, 05:12 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
You need to look up latest on Tdap. It can now be substituted for TD every 10 years. I guess view is cannot be too much? Get up to date.
Kat said that in the very post you quoted:

"Note that the ACIP just voted to allow Tdap to be substituted for Td whenever Td is indcated, e.g. wound treatment, dicennial Td boosters (which have long been recommended)."

Quote:
You never commented on link about pregnant women and Flu and Tdap vaccinations with EVERY pregnancy. How do you propose to enforce that? You cannot vaccinate the child without vaccinating the adult.
Your last sentence makes no sense.

Vaccinating a pregnant woman against flu and pertussis increases the level of protective antibodies transferred via the placenta to the fetus, providing temporary protection to the newborn against those two diseases.

From the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists:

https://www.acog.org/Clinical-Guidan...obileSet=false

"Maternal influenza immunization is an essential component of prenatal care for women and their newborns. Obstetrician–gynecologists and other health care providers should counsel pregnant women about the safety and benefits of influenza immunization for themselves and their fetuses and advocate for the benefits of passive immunity from maternal immunization for their newborns."

https://www.acog.org/Clinical-Guidan...obileSet=false

"Obstetric care providers should administer the tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine to all pregnant patients during each pregnancy, as early in the 27–36-weeks-of-gestation window as possible.
Pregnant women should be counseled that the administration of the Tdap vaccine during each pregnancy is safe and important to make sure that each newborn receives the highest possible protection against pertussis at birth."

Old 11-16-2019, 05:23 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
I was scolded by the op for being off topic for talking about religious exemptions. How is any of this on topic?

Old 11-16-2019, 05:25 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I was scolded by the op for being off topic for talking about religious exemptions. How is any of this on topic?
Isn't the thread title "Religious Exemptions to Vaccines"???

Old 11-16-2019, 05:35 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Isn't the thread title "Religious Exemptions to Vaccines"???
I thought it was.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My Grandson is now 5 and was admitted to Kindergarten September in NY, although Flu shots are not required for school in NY.

You posted that your grandson was 3. Was that a typo? If he's 5, then he would still be considered UTD by the CDC if he got his boosters by 6. The state of NY may not go for that, though, if he's in K.

As suzy already informed you, I did bring up that Tdap can now be substituted for Td when Td is recommended. I am up to date.

You were snarking about holding pregnant women down, which I assured you is not done to anyone. There is nothing to "enforce" re: pregnant women getting Tdap. That is not a mandate, it is a recommendation of the ACOG. The woman is free to decline. The vaccination is given to the woman, your last sentence doesn't make sense.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 11-16-2019 at 06:31 PM..

Old 11-16-2019, 06:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I thought it was.
Well, I haven't been here as much today. Been working on my granddaughter's baptism dress. Just came up from the sewing room to see what's happening here on CD.

We are supposed to be talking about religious exemptions from school vaccines. We are NOT supposed to be talking about SIDS, vaccinating pregnant women, and other side issues. I believe most everyone has participated in some off-topic stuff, including me.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 11-16-2019 at 06:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies