Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 02:01 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,826,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's Pubs (like tRump, for example) who HIRE these illegals.

I haven't explained it simply enough.

Corporations hire illegals by the millions to undercut American workers.

So, in your "reality" they walk across the desert and start going from factory to farm, hoping to find work.

You have no clue.

The dirty secret is that "American companies" often times contract to have illegals delivered to them by the truckload.

As I've already posted, the answer is more and better technology (x-ray scanners) at the ports of entry so that every single truck coming across the border gets scanned. Instead of randomly selected vehicles, as it's done now because there aren't enough scanners.

Lots of unscanned trucks full of illegals pass right on through, going to destinations hundreds of miles from the border, where the "passengers" are then put to work on poultry farms, hog operations, meat packing plants, home construction crews, and get this, groundskeepers at tRump's golf clubs.

They didn't walk into those jobs.
So put x-ray scanners at entry points. I still want more fencing and walling. I suspect people who oppose the wall just oppose it because they know it's effective. An x-ray scanner doesn't really do anything to stop illegal entry in and of itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 02:12 PM

62,677 posts, read 28,868,753 times
For the umpteenth time those who worked illegally on any of Trump's properties used fake or stolen documents to do so. They were fired and Trump now uses e-verify on all of his properties. Rich business people don't hire manual laborers themselves anyway!

Old 11-08-2019, 02:13 PM

But walls don't work according to the Democrats so why are they funding border walls for other countries then?

Old 11-08-2019, 02:35 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,432,455 times
Talking Build that wall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So put x-ray scanners at entry points. I still want more fencing and walling. I suspect people who oppose the wall just oppose it because they know it's effective. An x-ray scanner doesn't really do anything to stop illegal entry in and of itself.

Oh k-a-a-a-a-a-y...

Now I get it.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are sidestepping to avoid answering in the spirit of the question.

Assume the legal points are effective.
Doesn’t matter about Trump’s wall. Or cheap labor that you say he wants.

I’m trying to assess whether YOU want them to continue coming here illegally or not. So lets just assume there is a foolproof way to keep them from coming illegally. Whatever that is. There is no way anyone can come to this country except through legal US Government channels.

Is that something that makes you happy, or unhappy?
I won't even respond to an apparent older adult who uses childish references to our president as tRump. He hasn't grown up yet and therefore can't be taken seriously. Sounds like a teenager rather than an adult.

It's not Trump's wall anyway. He is just fixing the flimsy fencing that were erected under Obama but not according to specs and building an additional 300 miles on the most porous areas of the border. Not all illegals are coming through legal ports of entry in fact most of them aren't.

Trump has never been convicted of "knowingly" having illegal aliens working for him. When they were discovered the were fired and they had used fake or stolen documents to gain employment. He now uses e-verify on all of his properties.

I wonder if this same person complained when the Secure Fence Act was passed back in 2006 when these barriers were first built? Probably not!

Old 11-08-2019, 02:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,432,455 times
Cool Now, now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I won't even respond to an apparent older adult who uses childish references to our president as tRump. He hasn't grown up yet and therefore can't be taken seriously. Sounds like a teenager rather than an adult.

It's not Trump's wall anyway. He is just fixing the flimsy fencing that were erected under Obama but not according to specs and building an additional 300 miles on the most porous areas of the border. Not all illegals are coming through legal ports of entry in fact most of them aren't.

Trump has never been convicted of "knowingly" having illegal aliens working for him. When they were discovered the were fired and they had used fake or stolen documents to gain employment. He now uses e-verify on all of his properties.

I wonder if this same person complained when the Secure Fence Act was passed back in 2006 when these barriers were first built? Probably not!

Aw, there ya go.

Posting about me again.

Good to see that my little witticisms find an appreciative audience.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:09 PM

23,800 posts, read 14,933,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Here's the flaw in your assumption about those legal points of entry:

tRump and corporate America don't want effective. They want that cheap labor. And the ability to use then as scapegoats. That silly wall fits their agenda perfectly, because the naive are easily convinced and swallow it whole.

When Harris county Texas provides a hospital for Mexican mothers to give birth, I am informed there is no problem with illegals. That's been going on since I was a kid.

And so has the illegals building houses for the likes of Perry Homes. The company that brought us the Swift Boat veterans and their commercials. And funded the creation of the modern Republican Party in Texas.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,826,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

When Harris county Texas provides a hospital for Mexican mothers to give birth, I am informed there is no problem with illegals. That's been going on since I was a kid.

And so has the illegals building houses for the likes of Perry Homes. The company that brought us the Swift Boat veterans and their commercials. And funded the creation of the modern Republican Party in Texas.
So what's the point? Open border democrats are riding with open border big business interests. So don't vote for democrats.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:32 PM

4,337 posts, read 1,539,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I've never read anyone who supported open borders - here on this board. Did you get lost?
Yes, it is hard to read with closed eyes and closed mind. Open up, baby, open up. See the light.

Old 11-08-2019, 03:43 PM

23,800 posts, read 14,933,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So what's the point? Open border democrats are riding with open border big business interests. So don't vote for democrats.
While each side blames the other, nobody in DC has to do anything. It's an ancient tactic.

We fight each other while business does as they please. We get a little lip service occasionally to placate us.

Business wants cheap labor, bleeding hearts think they can save the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies