Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 07:01 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,699,701 times

Advertisements

Gee, I also hope everyone gets a participation trophy...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowan University students will now be able to destress with pets thanks to the opening of this unique full-time pet therapy program in the region.

Rowan held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its Schrieber Family Pet Therapy Program on Thursday. The program is named after Businessman Gerald Schreiber, of J&J Snack Foods Corp. of Pennsauken, who provided a $3 million donation allowing it to be a self-sustaining service.

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/11/stre...-donation.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2019, 07:05 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
It's New Jersey, what do you expect? Pay your Property Taxes and be quiet Jerseyites!

Old 11-08-2019, 07:06 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
$3 million for a puppy-petting clinic.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:09 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Same college that blocked having a campus Chik Fil A. (BTW we dont have one near us. Can we have theirs?)

OTOH I would actually love to have access to a free puppy petting place. I love animals. We rent and cannot have pets and my kids would love this too.

Old 11-08-2019, 07:20 AM

4,660 posts, read 1,950,812 times
perhaps they would be better off teaching responsibility towards pets. I lived near a University for years both as a student and resident. Every summer the students would leave abandoning their cats to roam the neighborhood, they just figged all these house cats would be fine in the streets. Students would come back and get new cute kittens.

Old 11-08-2019, 08:52 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,650 times
Interesting move by the young SJWs in training about dogs. I wonder how long before they find out that their SJW overlords have already declared dogs as being RACIST? (This is actually not a joke. The senior SJW overlords have actually declared dogs as racists). Check out the articles below:

Article

Article

Old 11-08-2019, 08:56 AM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
We as a nation have become a joke.

It's hard to fathom that over 75 years ago, young people around the age of those Rowan snowflakes were storming the beaches of Normandy and island hopping across the Pacific in unimaginably horrifying hand to hand combat with imperial Japanese forces.

What a bunch of soft losers.

Old 11-08-2019, 11:00 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Gee, I also hope everyone gets a participation trophy...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowan University students will now be able to destress with pets thanks to the opening of this unique full-time pet therapy program in the region.

Rowan held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its Schrieber Family Pet Therapy Program on Thursday. The program is named after Businessman Gerald Schreiber, of J&J Snack Foods Corp. of Pennsauken, who provided a $3 million donation allowing it to be a self-sustaining service.

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/11/stre...-donation.html
Meh. It was a donation, it was not forced out of taxpayers. And frankly, this can have many benefits. Dogs are awesome, and who wouldn't want to be able to go play with a bunch of dogs after a day of classes and/or studying? I do feel a weird vibe with the "therapy dog" angle, but whatever - again, it was a donation.

This can be helpful in the future for dogs. Some people are afraid of dogs. This can help them get over their fears. Some people don't understand dogs. This can help them learn a little bit about dogs. Some people don't think dogs need training. This can help people learn what a well behaved dog acts like.

All of these are good for dogs in the future. Maybe more will be apt to adopt a dog when they get into a situation where they have a place and the room for one. And maybe they'll learn that a trained dog is a better dog. And maybe those who were afraid of dogs will become dog lovers - more adoptions.

"Therapy dogs" does make it sound snowflakey - however, not that I 'needed' a dog at school, I won't argue that it wouldn't have been pretty nifty to be able to go hang out with some well behaved dogs at the end of the day.

And once again, it was a donation. So, it doesn't bother me.

Old 11-08-2019, 11:04 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Amazing how much hate and anger conservatives are harboring and how miserable they must be to be so outraged over this. It's a private donation and not taxpayer dollars. People really need to calm down.

Old 11-08-2019, 11:10 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Amazing how much hate and anger conservatives are harboring and how miserable they must be to be so outraged over this. It's a private donation and not taxpayer dollars. People really need to calm down.
what on earth are you caterwauling about? what 'hate and anger' and 'outrage'?

are you even on the right thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies