Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2019, 01:26 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,065,167 times

Advertisements

My wife had one with her coworkers last week. She said it was okay, nothing to write home about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 01:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,838,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Let me guess, you want to antagonize people for the fun of it. That's fine. Don't complain when people talk about racism.
If a Pres. Trump hat antagonizes you, then you are the problem.

I did go to Popeyes, but don't know where my hat is. It's not in the best part of town, but I don't think anything would've happened. The worst thing wasn't any Americans there, it was the group of 4-5 young males in line ahead of me speaking loudly in Arabic, although they could speak English when asked something. Their constant yammering overpowered the pleasant Louisiana background music and filled the restaurant.

I think the sandwich was probably a little better than the average fast food chicken sandwich but about par for the course.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:35 PM

72,866 posts, read 62,340,278 times
I'm not one to get involved in fights in public. I tend to like it when it's peaceful. Watching a fight on camera can be funny, in a "what an idiot" sense. I think about that women in Ypsilanti, Michigan who was yelling at a staff member in McDonalds for getting her order wrong (and threatening her too). It seems funny to watch her act like a belligerent child. On the other hand, I have to think about these things.

1) The woman that has to deal with her likely deals with that kind of abuse and more, every day. She's putting up with alot of crap. I used to work in fast food and in retail. Never again. I couldn't put up with that kind of abuse.

2) Speaking from personal experience, it's scarier to see belligerent behavior up close and in person than it is to watch it on video.

3) As a Black person, it's embarrassing. Seeing another Black person act like a belligerent fool in a fast food place. Black Americans are already the most looked down on group in America. Behavior like that just gives more people the fuel to justify their own hatred for Black people. But the woman in that video doesn't care. She probably doesn't like anyone, probably doesn't even like herself.

And this ties into the stupidity from Popeyes. Anytime I see some nutty behavior involving fighting over chicken, and it involves Black people, my first thought is "Oh boy, the bigots and racists are going to have a field day with this". I think about the racist comments (and in some cases comments advocated killing Black people) in the video comment section. I'm left wondering how I could explain it. I don't go to Popeyes or KFC. Someone will ask "what is it that makes Black people go crazy over fried chicken"? I won't have any answers because I can't relate to craving Popeyes. I don't know much more about it than those who ask. The kind of individuals who would get violent over fried chicken are likely the same kind of individuals who commit crimes. I don't hang around hood rat behavior. Same goes for trailer park trash behavior.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
If a Pres. Trump hat antagonizes you, then you are the problem.

I did go to Popeyes, but don't know where my hat is. It's not in the best part of town, but I don't think anything would've happened. The worst thing wasn't any Americans there, it was the group of 4-5 young males in line ahead of me speaking loudly in Arabic, although they could speak English when asked something. Their constant yammering overpowered the pleasant Louisiana background music and filled the restaurant.

The think the sandwich was probably a little better than the average fast food chicken sandwich but about par for the course.
If you're bothered by a few men speaking Arabic in public, then that's your problem. I've been around people speaking Arabic. Never bothered me at all. If you have a problem with it, tough cookies. Kind of like how I can't do anything about you wearing a MAGA hat. It goes both ways.

I don't eat Popeyes. I don't eat at Church's chicken either. In fact, I tend to avoid most fast food places.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:40 PM

2,923 posts, read 973,340 times
Quote:
Explain "tribal behavior".
uncivilized behavior like you would see from the 3rd world

Old 11-11-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
If you're bothered by a few men speaking Arabic in public, then that's your problem. I've been around people speaking Arabic. Never bothered me at all. If you have a problem with it, tough cookies. Kind of like how I can't do anything about you wearing a MAGA hat. It goes both ways.

I don't eat Popeyes. I don't eat at Church's chicken either. In fact, I tend to avoid most fast food places.
Why is there a gang of young male middle easterner and Arabic speakers in an obscure midwestern town making so much racket and being boisterous? No one here wants them here to begin with. Just reading the body language of the other people it's obvious they don't want it.

Fast food really isn't all that different from most other restaurant or processed food, except for some of the clientele and workers.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_N_1962 View Post
uncivilized behavior like you would see from the 3rd world
I don't see people in 3rd world countries killing over Popeyes.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I'm not one to get involved in fights in public. I tend to like it when it's peaceful. Watching a fight on camera can be funny, in a "what an idiot" sense. I think about that women in Ypsilanti, Michigan who was yelling at a staff member in McDonalds for getting her order wrong (and threatening her too). It seems funny to watch her act like a belligerent child. On the other hand, I have to think about these things.

1) The woman that has to deal with her likely deals with that kind of abuse and more, every day. She's putting up with alot of crap. I used to work in fast food and in retail. Never again. I couldn't put up with that kind of abuse.

2) Speaking from personal experience, it's scarier to see belligerent behavior up close and in person than it is to watch it on video.

3) As a Black person, it's embarrassing. Seeing another Black person act like a belligerent fool in a fast food place. Black Americans are already the most looked down on group in America. Behavior like that just gives more people the fuel to justify their own hatred for Black people. But the woman in that video doesn't care. She probably doesn't like anyone, probably doesn't even like herself.

And this ties into the stupidity from Popeyes. Anytime I see some nutty behavior involving fighting over chicken, and it involves Black people, my first thought is "Oh boy, the bigots and racists are going to have a field day with this". I think about the racist comments (and in some cases comments advocated killing Black people) in the video comment section. I'm left wondering how I could explain it. I don't go to Popeyes or KFC. Someone will ask "what is it that makes Black people go crazy over fried chicken"? I won't have any answers because I can't relate to craving Popeyes. I don't know much more about it than those who ask. The kind of individuals who would get violent over fried chicken are likely the same kind of individuals who commit crimes. I don't hang around hood rat behavior. Same goes for trailer park trash behavior.
I noticed no where in that self-centered and self righteous screed did I see a lick of concern for the elder white female customer who was maybe intentionally overcharged and chased down and slammed into the pavement and grievously injured by the black Popeyes employee.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why is there a gang of young male middle easterner and Arabic speakers in an obscure midwestern town making so much racket and being boisterous? No one here wants them here to begin with. Just reading the body language of the other people it's obvious they don't want it.

Fast food really isn't all that different from most other restaurant or processed food, except for some of the clientele and workers.
I've seen this from Arabic individuals in Atlanta (and in Huntsville,AL). I don't really care what you don't want. It doesn't bother me. As long as said individuals don't try to fight me or harm me, it doesn't matter to me. The last time I was a victim of violence, it was at the hands of fellow Americans.

Most fast food is overrated. However, I notice something with Chick-Fil-A. Service is better than average, regardless of demographics. The clientele at Chick-Fil-A, regardless of racial demographics, is better behaved.

Old 11-11-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
I've seen this from Arabic individuals in Atlanta (and in Huntsville,AL). I don't really care what you don't want. It doesn't bother me. As long as said individuals don't try to fight me or harm me, it doesn't matter to me. The last time I was a victim of violence, it was at the hands of fellow Americans.
I already knew that and likewise I don't care what you don't want.

Quote:
Most fast food is overrated. However, I notice something with Chick-Fil-A. Service is better than average, regardless of demographics. The clientele at Chick-Fil-A, regardless of racial demographics, is better behaved.
True but it's not that way by happenstance. A certain group and type of people work to make it that way. I wouldn't say the behavior of the clientele regardless of demographics is always better behaved though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies