Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 09:49 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
"studied criminal justice at community college"

i guess it's safe to say he didn't excel in that course.

this lady's elbow is never going to work right again. fractured in 9 places = shattered beyond repair.
Good grief, what was wrong with him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 09:56 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
there's no evidence that she did use it. it seems highly unlikely.
There is a video that indicates she did. A customer reacts to it right after she says it.

She was fighting with a group of angry screaming employees who were telling her to leave. She's stupid/naïve/arrogant like many people these days who think they are invincible and do not use common sense judgement. It is the same with people who refuse to comply with police. Too stupid to sense the dangerous and significant power dynamic in the situation. Lost instincts I suppose.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:59 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I can't imagine what that woman was thinking using the N word in that situation. I thought racists were afraid of black people yet here she was fully outnumbered by those angry employees and challenging them.
Passive-aggressive racists are afraid. I think that woman is of the "in your face" variety. I've been around racists who didn't mind using the N word around people who were outnumbered. I was riding the bus one afternoon, in Marietta,GA. White guy in his late 40s, kind of skinny was at it with some much younger Black males on the bus. During an argument, he called one of them the N word. By the way, the bus driver was a Black woman. He was the only White guy on the bus and he called someone the N word.

My first thought was "what did you just say"?

Second, I thought "dude, you're the only White guy on the bus, you're close to 50, and kind of thin. Those dudes are likely half your age, probably from lower socioeconomic background, and they might be used to handling problems with fighting".

Long story short, I got off the bus, quickly. I suspected a fight might take place. I also wondered if that guy would take his anger out on me as well. As far as I knew, no fight took place. However, some people really are that bold.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Strange question. I’m “black” and my immediate family is vegetarian. In our culture, we stew or curry our chicken. To me, frying chicken is more common among Southern Americans, black or white.

So sorry...can’t help you.
I suspect you are of Caribbean background.

I agree with you that fried chicken is more a southern thing, Black or White. I speak as a Black American whose family is of southern roots. My father is a born and raised Wisconsin native, but his parents are from Mississippi. However, even in my family, we tend to eat alot more baked chicken sauteed chicken. To be honest, I grew up eating alot of different ethnic cuisines.

I can't understand wanting to fight over fried chicken. I can't understand why people rioted in Boston after the Red Sox WON the World Series. And those were not Black people rioting.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:27 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Not condoning what anyone did here but the Popeye's by my house is always very, very busy with long lines. I think the employees (at the store with the assault on the customer) were likely under stress from constantly being busy, with never-ending customers. When I go inside, one cashier. No matter the line, one cashier. After awhile from being bombarded by customers (since the sandwich came back and actually before it did) it has been non-stop crazy busy. The employee who slammed the lady down like WWE wrestling, should be fired, in my opinion. Chill in the back, calm down, please don't attack a customer.

The other Popeye's in a nearby city (Greer) ran out of chicken on Grand Opening. They had to close the store. Poor ordering skills, undervaluing the amount of people they would get, I don't know....

No matter how you look at it, this place is a HIT... They really need more employees, at least at the one I live near. People love their fried chicken, that won't change. But employees snap when they are overworked (not saying it's okay but they need more help and better training) The food already speaks for itself.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:35 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,213,202 times
On a side note- is Popeye's better than Bojangles? The couple of times I've had them I did not think they were. And Bojangles already has spicy chicken.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:38 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Quote:
Nuts. His behavior was so unnecessary and he’ll have plenty of time to think about it.

On the other hand though, she’s crazy too if the article is accurate. You kick a worker and call them a racial slur? Over a chicken sandwich?

It’s like the woman who threw food at the worker due to a wrong order in another incident and the worker threw a blender at her, causing major injuries.

Crazy sometimes meets crazier...
There you go again misconstruing the evidence and blaming the victim of interracial violence. The article doesn't verify that accusation. An employee only claimed that. You automatically believe employees who acted like they did? They are likely lying. The article also mentions it's alleged the employees were hostile to Staggs from when she arrived and called her an "ugly ass cracker". You didn't mention that. That does sound like the vernacular these hostile and violent employees would use and not one that a 55 year old white woman would just concoct.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Nuts. His behavior was so unnecessary and he’ll have plenty of time to think about it.

On the other hand though, she’s crazy too if the article is accurate. You kick a worker and call them a racial slur? Over a chicken sandwich?

It’s like the woman who threw food at the worker due to a wrong order in another incident and the worker threw a blender at her, causing major injuries.

Crazy sometimes meets crazier...
He will have plenty of time. And it's likely something he didn't think about. Short term kind of thinking. And this is how I see that guy. Young angry man with an attitude of "you disrespect me, you deserve to die". He's likely used to resolving his problems with violence. Violence is what he knows best. Prison will give him more time to think. But will he get involved in more violence while in prison?

As for that woman, I don't think it was so much about the chicken sandwich. This is just my opinion. She likely resents going into a fast food place and seeing a majority Black staff. When her order wasn't right, she was likely thinking "these 'n words' can't get anything right, 'n-words' for you". And her rage came right out. Complete anger and inability to control herself. Two angry people with alot of racial hatred towards one another, and violence was the result.

I understand the racial hatred element of this because I went to high school with some individuals who were quite bigoted and had no problem throwing hands.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Violent attacker is gonna have to live with some consequences too.

They wanted her to leave and she did after having a heated argument. That should be the end of it. But she should have been more vigilant, even being upset. If the manager was nuts about her double charge issue, then report it to corporate and have them look into it. I will never understand why people get into it with crazy irrational people, there is no winning there.
The attacker will have to live with consequences. However, I have to wonder how much of a crap life he had before this. I notice that many people who don't care about consequences already have crap lives and don't care about anyone. He'll get punished, but will it change his outlook on life? Will that woman's outlook on life change?

Old 11-12-2019, 10:48 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Tell a simpleton you have to buy this, have this phone, have this sandwich, buy these sneakers, see this movie and they'll line up to be part of something thinking they have to have it and not miss out. Popeye's is becoming a waffle house, IMO. Thugs eat here. Shame on them.
Or just go to Chick Fil A like I did today and have a spicy chicken which is what Popeye's copied theirs on. Its all to peck away at Chick Fil A's success since they aren't as PC as the media wants them to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies