Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 04:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
LOL - I would have bet my life savings that the first response from the left would be something about climate versus weather.

The 'problem' of global warming is UNFIXABLE.
So, you disagree with weather vs climate? Arctic blasts are a temporary phenomenon. Cold air moves in, and then it moves back out.

I am not big into the man made global warming theory, and I am also not 'left' so why bother with the assumptions and the labels?

Old 11-11-2019, 04:07 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,274,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you disagree with weather vs climate? Arctic blasts are a temporary phenomenon. Cold air moves in, and then it moves back out.

I am not big into the man made global warming theory, and I am also not 'left' so why bother with the assumptions and the labels?
We are well aware of the difference between climate and weather. The entire thing has become such a joke, again -- man is not going to control the climate, the weather, or anything else, no matter how many electric cars you put on the road, no matter how many solar panels you put on roofs, no matter how much money you take from the developed world. It is a problem we can't fix. We are going to have to learn to live with warmer temperatures.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:49 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
To conservatives I say this: try to move beyond just reacting to what the silly/evil left says on the issue and think about what an actual conservative position looks like. Due to human activities, the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere looks set to double within a single human lifetime. We don't know for sure what this radical change to the chemical composition of the atmosphere will result in, but a fair bit of evidence indicates it could be pretty bad. Given this, what stance would a responsible, practical, conservative person take?
Due to the levels being way higher in prehistoric times, not too worried.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:03 AM

15,533 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Not looking forward to the next couple of days, that's for sure.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Not looking forward to the next couple of days, that's for sure.
Looks like about 80 down here, and no humidity. Very pleasant. I hope it lasts.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:42 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Don’t you know that global warming also causes record low temperatures?

Old 11-11-2019, 06:45 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Don’t you know that global warming also causes record low temperatures?
And it causes more rain, and less rain, and more snow, and less snow, and more hurricanes, and fewer hurricanes. The global warming works in mysterious ways.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:50 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why? Because the scientists used to promote alarmist man made climate change have been corrupted by money and their funding. It can no longer be trusted, and their predictions on climate which is actually WEATHER never come true.

When we are told the Debate is Over, and the Science is Settled, it doesn't take much to realize this is a money grab hoax and scam.
Who stands to make or lose more money?

The people trying to create technology that uses renewable energy from wind and sun, where once you purchase the equipment the 'resource' is free?

Or the people trying to maintain the status quo, where without an alternative, we have to pay for every barrel of oil pulled out of the earth, every megawatt generated by co-gen plants, and every spork, togo box, and landfill produced by it.

I'm not one of the alarmist, but I do recognize there are things we can do better. Your argument that it's a money-grab makes no sense. The much bigger money is on the denier's side. That is my only point in this response.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:04 PM

1,991 posts, read 901,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastriver View Post
"Hundreds of records could fall in next week’s ‘impressively cold’ snap"

"Record cold is possible from the Great Lakes to the Gulf Coast.

"The Arctic blast set to engulf the eastern half of the Lower 48 next week will make mid-November feel like mid-January. Between Sunday and Wednesday, temperatures will sink to levels 15 to 30 degrees colder than normal from the Plains to the East Coast."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weath...ely-cold-snap/

As in the history of recorded time. The earth is cooling.

Progressives view CO2 with the same naive, superficial totality as they view seratonin.
Just to be clear. You are citing this dip of the polar jet stream into the eastern US as proof that climate change is a hoax. Is that what you are stating?

Old 11-11-2019, 01:18 PM

2,495 posts, read 867,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
Just to be clear. You are citing this dip of the polar jet stream into the eastern US as proof that climate change is a hoax. Is that what you are stating?
You'd have to combine it with my past comments on the subject to gain a clearer understanding of what I'm cumulatively stating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.