Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 05:39 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yep. Biden OWNS this scandal, not Trump, and the Media is suppressing it as usual to help the Democrats.
Wrong again. Find out the facts. Not the myth's put out by the Crook Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 05:42 AM

5,153 posts, read 3,082,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
That's alright. Others will perhaps benefit from it, and it helped me to understand the situation. I came away from that article more impressed with Biden. He really was trying to fix a badly broken country. Ironically, I am probably shifting my support from Buttigieg to Biden. He might be old but he still has the right stuff to be POTUS.
Yeah, Biden has more experience as a candidate than anyone else. Just think of all the money that his multiple presidential campaigns have funneled to friends and family members. Must be tens of millions $ over the decades.

Old 11-12-2019, 05:53 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The "investigation" into the company was performed and completed before Hunter Biden was ever on the board and no wrong doing was found.

They are considering re-opening the investigation to when Hunter Biden was there (as Trump requested).....

And when they find out there was no wrong doing during that time................ then you can claim that it's a cover up.

Which ones?

There were two active investigations into Zlochevsky and his business dealings (Burisma) when VP Biden demanded Shokin's firing and threatened to withhold a billion in US aid.

The Prosecutor General's Office said in a statement that among the cases being reviewed are 15 in which Zlochevsky is mentioned. None of the Zlochevsky-related cases has been revived yet, the office said.

https://fortune.com/2019/10/04/ukrai...eachment-news/

"On 8 March 2015, David Sakvarelidze, then Ukraine’s first deputy general prosecutor, appeared on a Ukrainian news programme and made a dramatic accusation – that Ukrainian prosecutors had taken a bribe to help Zlochevsky."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ion-fell-apart

Old 11-12-2019, 06:03 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
[quote=Goodnight;56617588]I cant open the article, many details missing but here's one on Shokin.

The movable and immovable property of former Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine Mykola Zlochevsky in Ukraine has been seized, according to the press service of the Prosecutor General's Office of Ukraine (PGO)."The PGO filed a petition to court to arrest the property of the ex-Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine, the Deputy Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine, Mykola Zlochevsky, from which arrest was withdrawn, and other property he actually uses, namely housing estate with a total area of 922 square meters, a land plot of 0.24 hectares, a garden house with a total area of 299.8 square meters, a garden house in the territory of Vyshgorod district, a garden house of 2,312 square meters, a land plot of 0.0394 hectares, a Rolls-Royce Phantom car, a Knott 924-5014 trainer," reads the report. The PGO clarifies that the court satisfied the petition on February 2, 2016. "Thus, none of the objects of movable and immovable property, which was seized under the previous court ruling, has not been excluded from Zlochevsky's property," the press service said. Zlochevsky is suspected of committing a criminal offense under Part 3 of Article 368-2 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine (illicit enrichment).

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/322395.html

Gee-wiz Goodnight, February 2, 2016 is just a few weeks before Biden demanded Shokin be fired, or else!

Old 11-12-2019, 06:13 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Which ones?

There were two active investigations into Zlochevsky and his business dealings (Burisma) when VP Biden demanded Shokin's firing and threatened to withhold a billion in US aid.

The Prosecutor General's Office said in a statement that among the cases being reviewed are 15 in which Zlochevsky is mentioned. None of the Zlochevsky-related cases has been revived yet, the office said.

https://fortune.com/2019/10/04/ukrai...eachment-news/

"On 8 March 2015, David Sakvarelidze, then Ukraine’s first deputy general prosecutor, appeared on a Ukrainian news programme and made a dramatic accusation – that Ukrainian prosecutors had taken a bribe to help Zlochevsky."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ion-fell-apart

When Shokin was removed in march 2016 there was no active investigation into Burisma, as indicated in your article people in his office were taking bribes. That sure doesn't make your case.

Old 11-12-2019, 06:15 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Wrong again. Find out the facts. Not the myth's put out by the Crook Trump.

I haven't listened to Trump on this at all. I've read the transcript, and know the facts of Biden's son getting the big Board position for big dollars to sell VP Biden's influence, then continued as a candidate for President. You are just blinded by irrational Trump hate. You just can't admit it.

Old 11-12-2019, 06:20 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,419,035 times
Good lord, this thread is mindblowing. I have very little hope that we can ever come back to reasonable discourse. (If that ever existed anyway is questionable, I guess.) I heard a great word to describe the efforts of those who are defending Trump and his cohort: Empretzelment. It aptly describes the knots the pro-Trump ranters have to tie themselves into as the narratives unfold. It's bewildering and very depressing to watch.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:19 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Yep. Biden OWNS this scandal, not Trump, and the Media is suppressing it as usual to help the Democrats.
No, Biden does not OWN this scandal. You really need to get away from Fox News occasionally.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:20 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
I haven't listened to Trump on this at all. I've read the transcript, and know the facts of Biden's son getting the big Board position for big dollars to sell VP Biden's influence, then continued as a candidate for President. You are just blinded by irrational Trump hate. You just can't admit it.
Trump is on tons of news stations, touting his lies. I find it hard to believe you haven't heard him at all. But forgive me if I'm wrong on my presumptions.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:24 AM

27,557 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, Biden does not OWN this scandal. You really need to get away from Fox News occasionally.
If Joe Biden and his son did nothing wrong, then why do you think that 100% of the Congressional Republicans and even 2 Congressional Democrats voted against opening the impeachment inquiry?

Democrats want to damage Trump because he tried to investigate Joe Biden's son. Republicans want to find out more about what Joe Biden may have done. Doesn't that show there is some sort of political thing going on here? "Impeachment" is being used as a political tool and nothing else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies