Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 04:54 AM

58,659 posts, read 26,957,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/s...ry-coffee-cups

Apparently "Merry Coffee" is offensive because it looks a lot like "Christmas" without actually saying it. Conservatives were outraged in 2015 by the plain red Starbucks cups and again in 2016 by the green "Unity" cups. Do you agree or disagree?
"Conservatives once again upset by...."

Liberals constantly UPSET BECAUSE TRUMP BEAT "THE SMARTEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD!"

I read the article and really didn't see anyone being "upset". Maybe I missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 04:56 AM

3,638 posts, read 3,760,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I put my money where my mouth is. I am a conservative. I do not like Starbuck's left leaning ideology. So I spend my money elsewhere. That is what makes America great. Starbuck's can have their opinions and I can have mine. If you don't like the way Starbuck's expresses themselves then do not spend one penny there. Otherwise do not complain.
Missed opportunity. Too reasonable.

You could sue Starbucks and try to insist they sell a coffee made by a company with a right-leaning ideology.

Old 11-11-2019, 05:34 AM

225 posts, read 142,746 times
No reason to be so acrimonious and spiteful about Starbucks because politics clouds everything in your mind. Taste of coffee one prefers is up to them. Lived all over US and abroad and realize coffee preferences are quite varied. If politics of food/drink places upset, don't spend your money there. Some get all wound about In-N-Out, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks religious/environmental stands. Get over it. Some businesses do much good for their employees. Checkout Starbucks support for employee college tuition funding. Some have said never Hobby Lobby. I'd shop there occasionally (and I'm not a Christian) if they provided college tuition reimbursement or other good deeds for employees/community. Maybe they do. Many businesses provide to worthy charitable causes. Look at the big picture. Exercise more to reduce your stress. Get a pet.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:11 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,040,129 times
if the liberals want to kill Christmas, so be it..they are missing out. let them watch HATE TRUMP TV and be scrooge.

I love the Christmas season. The Christmas spirit is here in Florida. Christmas decorations of palm trees lit up , Manger Scenes in front of homes, colors of red, blue, purple, green, pink on landscapes here . People extra happy and friendly. It is a wonderful time . I love the old Christmas carols such as Away in the Manger, Hark The Herald Angels Sing, We Three Kings, Oh Holy Night, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear.

We celebrate Jesus and his precious gift of Redemption.

Christmas Carols sung beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4fvMgNfN0I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZs1m_X0600

Last edited by Taratova; 11-11-2019 at 06:29 AM..

Old 11-11-2019, 06:14 AM

19,585 posts, read 9,117,631 times
Those cups are just fine, imo. I think they are an excellent compromise that should satisfy both Christians and non-Christians.

(I admit that in the past I was one of those people who did not like certain aspects of the so-called "War on Christmas", but now I definitely realize that there are much more important things to get upset about.)

Old 11-11-2019, 06:20 AM

2,689 posts, read 1,653,613 times
How can people drink such burnt, dark, hyper expensive coffee is beyond me. There was a podcast thta showed that for the green movement to buy organic coffee from far away South American farmers, the coffee content in some of these unpronounceable named expensive cups was less than 10%. They managed to raise prices while buying and putting less coffee than in the past. Genius at fooling people.

I find McDonald or Dunkins coffee to be much better, fresher and far better priced.

As to the cups, who cares. It is between the shareholders and customers to sort this one out.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:36 AM

18,423 posts, read 15,158,285 times
I used to go to Starbucks every day. Then, 2 years ago, my wife bought me a really amazing coffee maker. The coffee it makes is better than any coffee shop out there, including Starbucks. But I occasionally still go to Starbucks, if I am out of the house, and I want a cup of coffee.

I cant say that I ever looked at the cup for long enough to know what was on it.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:40 AM

77,020 posts, read 47,402,518 times
Same thing every year. The easily offended gnash their teeth at things like coffee cups, and which words people use to greet each other.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:43 AM

40,930 posts, read 48,959,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Same thing every year. The easily offended gnash their teeth at things like coffee cups, and which words people use to greet each other.
And Liberal Snowflakes get offended on things like Clapping, the US Flag and statues honoring people like Columbus or G Washington.

They don't even know which bathroom to use or how to use a screwdriver.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:46 AM

77,020 posts, read 47,402,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And Liberal Snowflakes get offended on things like Clapping, the US Flag and statues honoring people like Columbus or G Washington.
If you say so. I have never noticed that, but the Christmas outrage happens every single year.

Coming to think of it, I dont think I have ever see a statue of Columbus. It could be due to the fact that he was never in US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies