Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 08:31 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Their crime is illegal entry so their proper term would be "illegal entrants". It gets shortened to "illegals" for convenience. I'd have no problem using the full term.

You're naive if you think the term has no bearing on how it is enforced. Ask yourself, why is it so important to libs to NOT use the term "illegals"? The term "illegal" is important because it makes it patently clear that this involves a violation of law, not a violation of policy or procedure.

They cannot cross the border at a port of entry without documentation because they would be turned back. The only way they can cross without documentation is to provide counterfeit documentation at a port of entry or illegally cross at a point other than a port of entry.
Because libs don't feel the need to demonize them for a minor violation that we have the capacity to solve? I get that it's easy to hate them, to feel threatened by them, to feel resentment toward them. It's a shame that so few bother to take the time to educate themselves on who these people really are, the problems with our system, etc. It's easy to trash people on the internet when you don't have to look them in the eye. It's easy to see the world only in black and white. Nuance is hard. Gray is uncomfortable. Judgement without getting your hands dirty is obviously the superior position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Should I start calling you an idiot? Does anyone cross and not work? I guess some will find some idiot to pay their way. What document do you use to get work? Someone else's SS number. Do you back that? I'm guessing you do because you have either you or someone else with skin in the game. Chances are you are gonna be given the boot. Next time try legally.

Under current code............duh you can be deported and rightfully so.
Sorry to disappoint, I'm a white native from Ohio. No skin directly in the game. I do have experience with the immigration system indirectly, and I've also seen some of the horrors people go through in other countries. It's hard to be angry at people when you've seen their choices. Clearly, you haven't seen anything, or didn't learn anything if you did.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:40 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Because libs don't feel the need to demonize them for a minor violation that we have the capacity to solve? I get that it's easy to hate them, to feel threatened by them, to feel resentment toward them. It's a shame that so few bother to take the time to educate themselves on who these people really are, the problems with our system, etc. It's easy to trash people on the internet when you don't have to look them in the eye. It's easy to see the world only in black and white. Nuance is hard. Gray is uncomfortable. Judgement without getting your hands dirty is obviously the superior position.
Educate yourself how our immigration system ACTUALLY works is much simpler than making up fake examples of how someone didn't break our laws. Most illegals pay some hefty money to get smuggled here. We are a sovereign Nation and are ENTITLED to regulate who we let in. Get in line pal. You don't get preference because you can walk it buddy.

Live in fear we don't care. Actually, we want criminals to live in fear. Your days are numbered if you are here illegally. How about self deport and do us all a favor.

There are ways already to help those in their own Countries. It's called donations. Churches.

I'm still running with you have skin in the game.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:43 PM

284 posts, read 78,369 times
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint, I'm a white native from Ohio. No skin directly in the game. I do have experience with the immigration system indirectly, and I've also seen some of the horrors people go through in other countries. It's hard to be angry at people when you've seen their choices. Clearly, you haven't seen anything, or didn't learn anything if you did.
lol! yeah right!...Anybody can claim anything. This is a faceless forum.

No matter how many sentiments you try or mother Theresa you try to act with to get people to woo to your argument about illegal immigrants will change anything.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:47 PM

929 posts, read 399,500 times
woohoooo...looking like the Supreme Court will let DACA end...win for the law abiding citizens and LEGAL immigrants who came here the right way.

I've asked this questions many times but I have yet to hear a Librats answer it in a sensible manner..

--what are our obligations to these DACA people that we have to make an exception for them?
--do we owe them anything that we have to let them stay here?
--they've clearly taken away lots of opportunities from US citizens and legal immigrants--jobs and school positions to name a few.

Here is a real life example, my neighbor's daughter wanted to get in the DPT program, school can only accept 12, 30 applied...5 DACA recipient got accepted, the rest of the US citizens didn't...complete and total BS.

Deport these illegals!

BTW, Obama did this with executive action, not with congress approval...impeach the Kenyan!

Old 11-12-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Educate yourself how our immigration system ACTUALLY works is much simpler than making up fake examples of how someone didn't break our laws. Most illegals pay some hefty money to get smuggled here. We are a sovereign Nation and are ENTITLED to regulate who we let in. Get in line pal. You don't get preference because you can walk it buddy.

Live in fear we don't care. Actually, we want criminals to live in fear. Your days are numbered if you are here illegally. How about self deport and do us all a favor.
If you notice, I haven't actually made any specific statement as to whether the US should or shouldn't be able to regulate immigration. I have only said that there are many problems with the current system and that we have the capacity to fix it. There is no reason that natives, the US and immigrants can't all walk away with a fair win. You may not want that, but America is certainly more than capable of accomplishing that.
Not sure how you think I live in fear. I'm not afraid of immigrants based on their paperwork.
Also not sure why you think I'm an immigrant, let alone undocumented. Spoiler: I'm neither.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:52 PM

284 posts, read 78,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryoVilla View Post
woohoooo...looking like the Supreme Court will let DACA end...win for the law abiding citizens and LEGAL immigrants who came here the right way.

I've asked this questions many times but I have yet to hear a Librats answer it in a sensible manner..

--what are our obligations to these DACA people that we have to make an exception for them?
--do we owe them anything that we have to let them stay here?
--they've clearly taken away lots of opportunities from US citizens and legal immigrants--jobs and school positions to name a few.

Here is a real life example, my neighbor's daughter wanted to get in the DPT program, school can only accept 12, 30 applied...5 DACA recipient got accepted, the rest of the US citizens didn't...complete and total BS.

Deport these illegals!

BTW, Obama did this with executive action, not with congress approval...impeach the Kenyan!
I really hope this is true.

Let the lazy and do-nothing Congress get back to work and fix the already chronic broken US immigration laws.

It is not the job of the president or Judiciary judges to do that.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful DC View Post
lol! yeah right!...Anybody can claim anything. This is a faceless forum.

No matter how many sentiments you try or mother Theresa you try to act with to get people to woo to your argument about illegal immigrants will change anything.
Well, I'd send my long form birth certificate, but I hear Republicans think those are fake.

I don't expect to change anyone's mind. People only really change their minds when they decide to educate themselves.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Yes, you're correct about the il prefix, but you're still left with the problem that you're calling the people themselves illegal and not the act of crossing the border that.

Crossing the border, under the penal code, IS a minor violation. You guys make it like a literal war-like invasion, but it's a non-violent act that would basically be the equivalent of a minor misdemeanor.
Regardless. Stack the violations. So you have illegal entry, charge 1.
Residing without authorization, charge 2.
Working without authorization, charge 3.
Residing more than a year, charge 4.
Potentially using a stolen ID, charge 5.

Shall I go on with more “minor” charges?

Old 11-12-2019, 08:54 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
If you notice, I haven't actually made any specific statement as to whether the US should or shouldn't be able to regulate immigration. I have only said that there are many problems with the current system and that we have the capacity to fix it. There is no reason that natives, the US and immigrants can't all walk away with a fair win. You may not want that, but America is certainly more than capable of accomplishing that.
Not sure how you think I live in fear. I'm not afraid of immigrants based on their paperwork.
Also not sure why you think I'm an immigrant, let alone undocumented. Spoiler: I'm neither.
Are you a tax payer? Pick a side. I'm running with the side called American tax payers that are getting waxed by illegals. Or do you need that defined too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies