Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2019, 07:46 PM

21,406 posts, read 10,485,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is an excellent point. Until the black population in southern states reaches a point that they can turn the state Blue, black migration to the south only erodes the black vote in national elections. Look at all the blacks moving to Georgia and Texas.....when the Republicans are going to win those states for years to come.
Maybe they move here for the jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 07:57 PM

13,460 posts, read 7,825,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm curious as to how many black folks pull the trigger for a republican when in the booth. I'm not a black person but from the outside looking in it seems like there is tremendous pressure to vote Dem within the black community.

I know that within my world I'd never say out loud that I might vote for trump just because of the current state of things right now, this is especially true at work. I work for a very liberal progressive type company and I'd like to avoid any headaches or grief from my coworkers.
No doubt.

I'm a White male who worked as an adjunct university professor and voted for Trump. Do you really think I told my colleagues this???

Some were in absolute shock the day after the election.

I wasn't going to risk losing classes because I upset the wrong person in my department.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:01 PM

21,406 posts, read 10,485,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Trump will very likely see an increase in AA support come 2020. How much? Not sure.

But there will be an increase.

My guess is Trump will get a solid 12-15% of the AA vote.

I also think we'll see a low AA turnout. I'm sure many feel a Black man was elected president twice. Yet, there wasn't much improvement in Black communities so what's the point.
The problem is thinking the president can do much to improve black communities in the first place. Trump has signed the First Step Act, created opportunity zones, and pardoned some people. The rest is up to individuals. If black kids study real hard in school and make good grades, they can get into many colleges that will meet their financial needs. The rest is simple. Do well in school, don’t get in trouble with the law, and don’t have babies unless you’re married.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:57 PM

3,720 posts, read 1,420,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The problem is thinking the president can do much to improve black communities in the first place. Trump has signed the First Step Act, created opportunity zones, and pardoned some people. The rest is up to individuals. If black kids study real hard in school and make good grades, they can get into many colleges that will meet their financial needs. The rest is simple. Do well in school, don’t get in trouble with the law, and don’t have babies unless you’re married.
That's what Thomas Sowell had said the same . Sadly majority of black Americans fail to do such. On the other hand Nigerian Americans are the most talented group in America.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:01 PM

15,068 posts, read 6,131,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The majority of black people don’t think about any president improving their communities, most of which are mixed communities anyway. Usually it’s Republicans who are trying to convince people of what a particular President is or is not doing for black communities or people. Stupid really...

Old 11-11-2019, 09:06 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,111,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Could this be trouble for Dems....?

A new nationwide poll shows that almost a third of male African-American voters would vote to reelect President Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election next fall against any Democratic challenger. The Hill's report on the recent Hill-HarrisX poll highlighted the statistic that 85 percent of black voters would vote for any Democratic presidential nominee over Trump – but omitted reporting on the surge of black male voters who now side with Trump over a generic Democratic opponent.

https://onenewsnow.com/politics-govt...ng-black-males
I don't think so. Black support for Trump has to be the lowest of any president in modern times. Within the black communities across America Trump has less support than both Bush's...

Old 11-11-2019, 09:22 PM

5,717 posts, read 2,173,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Majority of black males have values that don't align with liberals. You look at most anti-Trump protests it's mostly young whites. We're seeing more and more black males joining Pro-Trump rallys.
Not just young whites, but clearly mentally ill young whites.

Old 11-11-2019, 09:26 PM

45,347 posts, read 26,931,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The majority of black people don’t think about any president improving their communities, most of which are mixed communities anyway. Usually it’s Republicans who are trying to convince people of what a particular President is or is not doing for black communities or people. Stupid really...
Why do you think they do that? They get lied on regularly by Democrats about how they are do racist... are they supposed to sit there and not respond?

Truth is many black folks had high hopes for Obama... he failed them. It contributed to HRC's loss. He didn't fool me.

Old 11-11-2019, 10:38 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,077,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Perhaps some of them have come to realize that the National Democratic Party has been giving them lip service for decades without seeing any improvement and now they, the DNC, are supporting illegal aliens over other minorities. Trump is trying to make things better for USA citizens regardless of skin color or cultural background.
Every single demographic in America has only been paid lip service. That would include white conservatives.

The only exception are the wealthy, and none of us on CD belong to that union.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:22 AM

29,453 posts, read 16,392,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why do you think they do that? They get lied on regularly by Democrats about how they are do racist... are they supposed to sit there and not respond?

Truth is many black folks had high hopes for Obama... he failed them. It contributed to HRC's loss. He didn't fool me.
Both of the things you posted are wrong.

Hillary's margin in the black community was enough to win. It was turnout overall in 3 states that lost her the presidency.

In the other states that flipped. Iowa, Florida, Ohio; the black voter was not enough to change the outcome.

Also, its not a lie when it comes to the differences between the left and right. Dave Rubin did an interview with someone (cant remember who at the moment, may have been Phillip Defranco) when they agreed on a very simple concept.

The comment went somewhere along the lines of "Somethings arent racist, but because of circumstance, they are racial; And sometimes Republican policies do hurt people of color".

Thats why Dems tend to get the black vote. As another poster said, many Americans vote out of the belief someone died for their right, but many living black people may in fact have lived beside someone who fought and died for that right. some of us have living parents who went to segregated schools and so on and so forth.

Quote:
Truth is many black folks had high hopes for Obama... he failed them.
What was the point in which he would have succeeded in the minds of those people, and would a Republican ever meet those goals ?

That is the ultimate question here. Because if black people have a different idea of "success" in the context of politics, then it doesnt matter if Obama failed, he still tried, compared to a Republican who never would try and in fact, work against what many black people want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies