Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 08:18 PM

13,717 posts, read 7,987,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When the only thing Trump can do to try to get Blacks to support him is to say "the Democrats don't like you", that shows he doesn't really care about Blacks at all. Trump hasn't done much to make Blacks want to support him. Just the fact that since Trump has gotten into office, the divisions and strife that was always there is being felt even more. Notice I said "some", not "all" of those who sat out last time. Many people see Trump as an embarrassment.

You can bring up how much Obama hasn't done much. However, Trump isn't doing any better. How much do you know about Black voters? How many Black people are you around on a daily basis. I suspect that I'm around Whites alot more than you are around Blacks. If you think I'm wrong, feel free to prove me wrong. I have to call you out because I think you only say these things because YOU want Trump to win. I don't think you care what happens to Blacks. Alot of people want Trump to win more than for Blacks to vote for him.
You're probably right but I worked in a field in which 90% supported or at least claim to support H.C.

I understand how difficult it is to show support for Trump in a hostile setting.

I strongly suspect there is an increased number of Black support for Trump which simply isn't visible. You aren't seeing it because they aren't telling you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 08:48 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
You're probably right but I worked in a field in which 90% supported or at least claim to support H.C.

I understand how difficult it is to show support for Trump in a hostile setting.

I strongly suspect there is an increased number of Black support for Trump which simply isn't visible. You aren't seeing it because they aren't telling you.
I live in a state that is ardently pro-Trump. I lived in another state that is the same way. Both states are in the South. I work in a field that is about 50-60% Trump supporters, and the vast majority of Trump supporters have been White. One or two have been Asian. Hardly any Black Trump supporters. In fact, most Blacks I've been around have nothing nice to say about Trump, aside from maybe one or two men (and both are blue collar men in their 50s).

I also spend some time on youtube. There are a few Black Trump supporters, but not nearly as many as you seem to think. And this is what I know of it. You have the Black Trump supporters who are of the Malcolm X school of thought: "Trump's a racist, but at least he's honest about his disdain for Blacks". And then there's school of thought #2: "I support Trump because he'll put those Black women in check, make them behave". And then there are the few who use the same talking points that many White conservatives use.

I have noticed that for the Black Trump supporters that are out there, many are more vocal with it than you think.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I live in a state that is ardently pro-Trump. I lived in another state that is the same way. Both states are in the South. I work in a field that is about 50-60% Trump supporters, and the vast majority of Trump supporters have been White. One or two have been Asian. Hardly any Black Trump supporters. In fact, most Blacks I've been around have nothing nice to say about Trump, aside from maybe one or two men (and both are blue collar men in their 50s).

I also spend some time on youtube. There are a few Black Trump supporters, but not nearly as many as you seem to think. And this is what I know of it. You have the Black Trump supporters who are of the Malcolm X school of thought: "Trump's a racist, but at least he's honest about his disdain for Blacks". And then there's school of thought #2: "I support Trump because he'll put those Black women in check, make them behave". And then there are the few who use the same talking points that many White conservatives use.

I have noticed that for the Black Trump supporters that are out there, many are more vocal with it than you think.
To be sure they are vocal supporters of Trump in Black communities. But I am referring to Black voters who plan to support Trump but rather not get into any arguments.

Why risk losing a friendship (or possibly work...) when you can go along with the crowd and vote for Trump in private.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
To be sure they are vocal supporters of Trump in Black communities. But I am referring to Black voters who plan to support Trump but rather not get into any arguments.

Why risk losing a friendship (or possibly work...) when you can go along with the crowd and vote for Trump in private.
You could say the same about many White Trump supporters. Many people who do support Trump or plan to don't discuss it very much, regardless of race. Where I work, I avoid having political discussions with anyone. In fact, politics seems to be something rarely discussed at work. I live in a very pro-Trump state and switched jobs. I've gone from working in a place with a relatively large Black staff, to a place where there are very few Blacks. I don't know who supports Trump and who doesn't. At my current job, I don't talk about politics and no one at my workplace has discussed politics with me.

From what I'm seeing, I'm not seeing any signs of more Blacks supporting Trump. I'm merely seeing some Blacks just being vocal about it or people taking Black Trump supporters and publicizing them.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You're absolutely right, but we both know there is no rise in support of Trump amongst black make voters. That is absolutely ridiculous, and there is nothing that supports such nonsense, unless you want to play with the figures and say it has gone up from .01% to .05%.
I'm not seeing much of a rise in support of Trump among Black male voters. Some Black male voters who do support Trump might be a bit more vocal about it, especially in the "black manosphere". However, I'm not seeing much of it. At least not in the places I have lived in.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:29 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:

Whatever you say, there just aren't a lot of black Trump supporters, period. Trump's done little or nothing to appeal to black people, and a whole lot of words and actions to turn off many of them.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Whatever you say, there just aren't a lot of black Trump supporters, period. Trump's done little or nothing to appeal to black people, and a whole lot of words and actions to turn off many of them.
Well, we will see next year.

But I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at the increased support Trump receives from not only from the Black vote but the Hispanic too.

Last edited by john3232; 11-12-2019 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: lack

Old 11-12-2019, 10:27 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Well, we will see next year.

But I think a lot of people are going to be surprised at the increased support Trump receives from not only from the Black vote but the Hispanic too.
Nah....you still haven't put out any evidence that Blacks are going to increase their support for Trump.

Hispanics? Maybe the Cubans will vote for him, but they're already Republican leaning to begin with. Certainly not in California, my home state. They've been turned off of the GOP since Pete Wilson demonized them back in 1994.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:52 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Aren't there around 30 million black citizens in this country? Elections are decided by a much smaller number than that, so the black vote could be critical.

It's just a numbers game.
It all depends on where those numbers are.

In swing states, black voters can indeed tip the election. Solid red or solid blue, not so much.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Nah....you still haven't put out any evidence that Blacks are going to increase their support for Trump.

Hispanics? Maybe the Cubans will vote for him, but they're already Republican leaning to begin with. Certainly not in California, my home state. They've been turned off of the GOP since Pete Wilson demonized them back in 1994.
And I believe that's because they aren't talking about it. The only way the Black vote doesn't improve for Trump is if the economy tanks.

Trump isn't going to carry Cal. in 2020. That's a given. It's the battleground states which are important. Do you really think Hispanics working in the AZ or Fl. housing industry for example want more competition?

The Dem leadership learned the hard way in 2016 not to underestimate the Trump vote. I think they are scared to death Trump is quietly peeling away Black and Hispanic voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies