Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 03:53 PM

35,067 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Wow our entire planet held hostage by American Christian Fumdamentalists!!!.....
The depth of this ignorance and deep liberal misinformed indoctrination is the consequence of democrats controlling our Education system for more than two decades.....

Is this just one particular hugely powerful Christian Church planning the demise of the planet, or is a conglomerate of many churches secretly meeting and organizing the takeover of the planet?
Give us details......
You need to check the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 08:14 PM

52,689 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Now they've really done it. The climate change freaks are telling asthmatics (which includes me) that our inhalers put out too much CO2. This is a three inch device we're talking about here.

Add this to a very, very long list of things we're not supposed to do anymore because it might make "climate change" worse. Don't eat meat. Don't fly. Don't drive. Don't use AC. And now they want asthmatics to do without their life-saving medicine. This is pure insanity.

This is a bridge too far, folks. It's time for "us" (as opposed to "them") to take a stand against these fanatics and tell them "no more!" I, for one, will never, ever regard anything these freaks say about climate change, since I know very well it's a grand scheme to control the entire populace.

I'm gonna vote for the deniers, I'll stand with the deniers, and I'll do everything opposite of what the climate gangsters want us to do. Like burning as much CO2 as I can possibly get my hands on - just to spite them. Starting with my asthma inhaler.

Anyone stand with me on this?

Look, the left is all about control. It's not even about so-called climate change, yet that's the tired talking point which militant leftists spit out the moment a speck of dust gets into the atmosphere. And while I'm glad you're choosing common sense, the term deniers is only a putdown for those who don't waste energy and time obsessing over fantasy-world situations that don't really affect anything or anyone in the end.

Don't let anybody (including the media) control your thoughts and actions. You decide for yourself; that's how you should live.

Old 11-15-2019, 08:04 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Look, the left is all about control. It's not even about so-called climate change, yet that's the tired talking point which militant leftists spit out the moment a speck of dust gets into the atmosphere. And while I'm glad you're choosing common sense, the term deniers is only a putdown for those who don't waste energy and time obsessing over fantasy-world situations that don't really affect anything or anyone in the end.

Don't let anybody (including the media) control your thoughts and actions. You decide for yourself; that's how you should live.
Might be less "militant" attitude if there weren't so many people hanging onto backward ways of thinking...

There is a very big difference and lots of space between all we can do to "clean up our act" (AKA our environment) and "obsessing over fantasy-world situations that don't really affect anything or anyone in the end." I mean really?

Does anyone need to focus on end-of-days scenarios simply to get a clue about what we can and should do to stop the obvious harms that pollution creates? I mean the rhetoric so common among people who insist we just do nothing is truly off the rails and reading the likes is about all the "put down" anyone need consider to understand what sort of mentality we're dealing with here. Then we wonder why people get militant to fight this sort of stubborn belligerence? As if everyone should care about nothing but themselves?

Old 11-15-2019, 10:31 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Now they've really done it. The climate change freaks are telling asthmatics (which includes me) that our inhalers put out too much CO2. This is a three inch device we're talking about here.

Add this to a very, very long list of things we're not supposed to do anymore because it might make "climate change" worse. Don't eat meat. Don't fly. Don't drive. Don't use AC. And now they want asthmatics to do without their life-saving medicine. This is pure insanity.

This is a bridge too far, folks. It's time for "us" (as opposed to "them") to take a stand against these fanatics and tell them "no more!" I, for one, will never, ever regard anything these freaks say about climate change, since I know very well it's a grand scheme to control the entire populace.

I'm gonna vote for the deniers, I'll stand with the deniers, and I'll do everything opposite of what the climate gangsters want us to do. Like burning as much CO2 as I can possibly get my hands on - just to spite them. Starting with my asthma inhaler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

Well said. It truly is "fantasy world" nonsense.

Which proves a point I have been making for some time now: the Left is, collectively, schizophrenic in their behavior and actions. You can't discuss normal, rational, sensible behavior with a schizophrenic person.

Old 11-15-2019, 11:32 AM

995 posts, read 510,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Well said. It truly is "fantasy world" nonsense.

Which proves a point I have been making for some time now: the Left is, collectively, schizophrenic in their behavior and actions. You can't discuss normal, rational, sensible behavior with a schizophrenic person.
Well said. It doesn't matter if it's physically impossible for a 2-ounce inhaler to produce kilos and kilos of potent greenhouse gases - if it supports the global warming narrative, they're gonna believe it.

I used to agree with a lot of the AGW talk and the need to do something to not screw up the climate - I'm a big fan of science, after all. But this nonsense of coming up with outright lies (like the inhalers) and stuff like "flight shaming" - this is where I get off the train.

It really is about control, plain and simple. If you dare to challenge a leftist about anything, you're nothing but scum to them - not even worthy of debate. Same thing goes with the PC nonsense and censorship. I used to think liberals were for free speech and no censorship. Not anymore!

Fortunately, a lot of people feel the same way I do - which is why I think the Dimorats will lose bigly in the next election. Is a little bit of sanity too much to ask?

Old 11-15-2019, 11:51 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Because the Progressive Left have become control freak Fascists. They can't just live their lives the way they want. They must CONTROL your life and tell you what you can do, see, like and respect. The Betsy Ross flag being Racist was the last straw for me.

We are in a Cold War with the LEFT (Democrats) now, but it is getting warmer. Next the existing American Flag will be racist. They already call the U.S. a Colonial Power who subjugates and exploits foreign countries, and their poor native inhabitants.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:08 PM

15,839 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Because the Progressive Left have become control freak Fascists. They can't just live their lives the way they want. They must CONTROL your life and tell you what you can do, see, like and respect. The Betsy Ross flag being Racist was the last straw for me.

We are in a Cold War with the LEFT (Democrats) now, but it is getting warmer. Next the existing American Flag will be racist. They already call the U.S. a Colonial Power who subjugates and exploits foreign countries, and their poor native inhabitants.
Yeah, sure. *COUGH*Abortion ban*COUGH* It's all about control.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:42 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:

Those idiots will never be able to make inhalers illegal.

So the solution is to ignore their impotent, pained whines and carry on with your life.

Drink a little bit of their tears on occassion if it makes you feel better in exchange for their pollution of the social discourse and erosion of the social fabric with unending noise.

The same strategy exists for their attempts to control political speech, change the Lexicon, control belief in gender duality, etc.

They want you to forget that this nation was founded on Freedom of Belief and Freedom of Speech, and then to perform an act of submission by conforming to one of their fake-authority demands: in this case any nonsense having to do with their religious belief in climate damage from all angles to include your inhaler.

Again, as with all of their demands, this is fake authority. Keep that in mind. You'll be okay. You live in the United States. Inhale at Will.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:51 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Might be less "militant" attitude if there weren't so many people hanging onto backward ways of thinking...
In other words, conform to our worldview in a "free" nation or we will eventually get militant. Gotcha.

If only the majority of Christians still held to such perspectives. I suppose that you count yourself lucky that they do not anymore, leaving that tactic for the Left to adopt.

If you have the voting and the group-wide awareness, then the pollution problem goes away with elections.

But get ready for all sorts of nasty side effects that you did not anticipate, likely increased poverty and resultant human death in your own nation and in the lowest socioeconomic strata.

Don't operate under he assumption that the vast population increase in the lowest socioeconomic tier was not brought about by anything other than the unprecedented economic expansion that creates the pollution. Restricting that pollution will unarguably lead to an economic contraction (which is about to occur anyway, so no worries).

Everything has a cost on the other side of the ledger.

But again, you are better off winning your issues through votes than through the militant action that will eventually be used to ostracize and reduce your side in the future.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:52 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
How to stop the climate change fanatics from controlling the rest of us

Not to worry, soon it will be the changing climate that will control us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies