Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 12:40 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
They are over fueling it to boost performance...
One would have hoped so, but the sad fact of the matter is, a bunch of them are doing so as an expression of some sort of anti-environmentalist mindset and they're quite open about it. In the OP's words: "Just to spite them".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 03:11 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Now they've really done it. The climate change freaks are telling asthmatics (which includes me) that our inhalers put out too much CO2. This is a three inch device we're talking about here.

Add this to a very, very long list of things we're not supposed to do anymore because it might make "climate change" worse. Don't eat meat. Don't fly. Don't drive. Don't use AC. And now they want asthmatics to do without their life-saving medicine. This is pure insanity.

This is a bridge too far, folks. It's time for "us" (as opposed to "them") to take a stand against these fanatics and tell them "no more!" I, for one, will never, ever regard anything these freaks say about climate change, since I know very well it's a grand scheme to control the entire populace.

I'm gonna vote for the deniers, I'll stand with the deniers, and I'll do everything opposite of what the climate gangsters want us to do. Like burning as much CO2 as I can possibly get my hands on - just to spite them. Starting with my asthma inhaler.

Anyone stand with me on this?
Has anyone taken away your inhaler? Has anyone threatened to take away your inhaler? If they have, then that's unconscionable.

Old 11-11-2019, 03:20 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Now they've really done it. The climate change freaks are telling asthmatics (which includes me) that our inhalers put out too much CO2. This is a three inch device we're talking about here.

Add this to a very, very long list of things we're not supposed to do anymore because it might make "climate change" worse. Don't eat meat. Don't fly. Don't drive. Don't use AC. And now they want asthmatics to do without their life-saving medicine. This is pure insanity.

This is a bridge too far, folks. It's time for "us" (as opposed to "them") to take a stand against these fanatics and tell them "no more!" I, for one, will never, ever regard anything these freaks say about climate change, since I know very well it's a grand scheme to control the entire populace.

I'm gonna vote for the deniers, I'll stand with the deniers, and I'll do everything opposite of what the climate gangsters want us to do. Like burning as much CO2 as I can possibly get my hands on - just to spite them. Starting with my asthma inhaler.

Anyone stand with me on this?
Welcome to the club. Been doing this for years.

I operate under philosophies such as "If you give them an inch, you'll never get it back, and they will take another 5 yards. Never reduce your consumption, even if it isn't needed. Consume it anyway. Like federal spending - every agency spends its entire budget because if they didn't, their budget for next year would be reduced. Consume, consume, consume. Make those power plants run 24x7.

Cut back?? Never, ever ever, not a kilowatt minute, not a thimble of gas, for if you do, you'll not have available when you DO need it.

Do Not give in inch...er, uh, I mean Millimeter. Shove your increased consumption so far down their throats, it bounces of the soles of their shoes.

Old 11-11-2019, 03:24 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
(Snip)

What if the Rapture doesn't happen and future generations actually have to live with the negative consequences of environmental destruction?
What about it? They'll just have to deal with it.

Old 11-11-2019, 03:26 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Science and research shouldn't be ignored. I'm all for doing sensible changes where we can do things that would have an meaningful impact. I think we're quickly approaching hysteria levels around this subject and I wonder just how accurate that this is. I also keep hearing that all of the new "green deal" talk is just a governmental power grab disguised as an environment initiative. Not sure what is what here. I think cooler heads need to prevail. We got kids and some people completely stressed out by all of this talk. That Swedish girl testifying recently is a perfect example of the level of hysteria here. Poor kid looks like she needs to be medicated.

Old 11-11-2019, 03:34 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
It's not carbon dioxide. The inhaler propellant hydrofluoroalkane has a global warming potential (GWP) rating of 1,410, compared to the standardize rating of 1 for carbon dioxide. Thus it can have a significant impact even in relatively minor amounts. The older, now-banned propellant was chlorofluorocarbons, which have an even higher GWP and they depleted the (vital) ozone layer. So the switch was a bit of an improvement.

I'd say they need to fund research to come up with a better propellant that is cheap, safe, and doesn't harm the environment. Like over a 10-20 year span.

Old 11-11-2019, 03:57 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
They don't allow mules in our 55+ community. I will have to continue to drive my car.

Old 11-11-2019, 04:00 PM

3,331 posts, read 1,961,914 times
“Climate change is REAL!”
“OK Gamer”

Old 11-11-2019, 04:02 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Here we go. Is this a new GOP election lie? But, but, but, the Dems want to take away your inhaler! Give us a break please.

Old 11-11-2019, 04:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Isn't it amazing that all these products we USE are the culprit? I mean it's our fault for USING the product.

Somehow the manufacturers that MAKE and SELL and PROFIT from them have nothing to do with the products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies