Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 05:57 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,768,427 times

Advertisements

There are many ways this impeachment thing can go, here are a few:

Trump bullies the spineless Senate Republicans and not a single one votes for conviction

Giuliani is indicted for being an unregistered foreign agent and flips on Trump.

Bolton testifies to the other sketchy conversations he heard Trump have and basically is the smoking gun.

Pompeo and Pence decide they want to hang on to their tattered careers and turn on Trump.

Mulvaney sees that Trump is going to throw him under the bus and cuts a deal to save his skin

Perry also is thinking Trump is going to throw him under the bus and decides to cooperate.

There are a lot of ways that things can quickly go south on Trump. Just like with Nixon, you don't know how it will evolve but I would not count on Trump getting out of this until the House is all done. If it were such a slam dunk acquittal, Trump and the Republicans would not be running around like headless chickens.

I think someone close to Trump is going to flip. My guess is it will be Mulvaney. What do others think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 06:00 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Trump bullies the spineless Senate Republicans and not a single one votes for conviction
I think this is the most likely, unfortunately. Trump will then probably get re-elected and will become a dictator in his second term.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:04 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
You said fat lady....you are a racist person towards fat ladies.......

Why does it have to be the fat lady all the time?

Oh, and it is also racist to say it's a fat lady....why not a fat transgender?

Why not a fat gay person.....

Old 11-11-2019, 06:04 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think this is the most likely, unfortunately. Trump will then probably get re-elected and will become a dictator in his second term.
I hope so!!!

Old 11-11-2019, 06:06 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:

Giuliani is indicted for being an unregistered foreign agent and flips on Trump.

Bolton testifies to the other sketchy conversations he heard Trump have and basically is the smoking gun.

Pompeo and Pence decide they want to hang on to their tattered careers and turn on Trump.

Mulvaney sees that Trump is going to throw him under the bus and cuts a deal to save his skin

Perry also is thinking Trump is going to throw him under the bus and decides to cooperate.

There are a lot of ways that things can quickly go south on Trump. Just like with Nixon, you don't know how it will evolve but I would not count on Trump getting out of this until the House is all done. If it were such a slam dunk acquittal, Trump and the Republicans would not be running around like headless chickens.

I think someone close to Trump is going to flip. My guess is it will be Mulvaney. What do others think?
Nope, there's only one way this will go.

House will impeach, Senate will not charge.

That's it, done, finished, no tea leaves required.

Trump will win in a landslide. Senate will hold or gain Pubs. House will certainly come close to flipping.

Thanks to Shifty it is a done deal and they know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Racism is against a race, color of skin, heritage.

Someone hating on fat chicks is a form of prejudice. The term is mysoginyst and the opposite (women who hate men) is misandry.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:06 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Quote:

The Fat Lady already sang and the Washington Nationals won.

The Nationals like the President quite a bit. Take your cue from that I would say.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:

We were thinking of Sarah Sanders.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:15 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:

Preach it to this man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGH0QDGvAn4

Old 11-11-2019, 06:17 PM

622 posts, read 410,238 times
The fat lady will sing: Trump will be acquitted in a Senate trial.

I doubt if a single Republican senator will support conviction. It would not surprise me if a couple of Democratic senators vote for acquittal.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:18 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
It's called "Sizeism". However I suppose a person could be both a racist and a sizeist in some circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies