Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 12:38 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I started a thread to show how deranged Bernie's thinking has become,
Which is nothing but your opinion.

Quote:
and furthermore, to show just how dangerous the far-left could be (if elected to power).
Again, your opinion.

Quote:
THAT is what has you attacking me with ridiculous claims.
What ridiculous claims? That you are triggered by them? That is my opinion. I get to have one, too.

Quote:
Sorry, discussions about presidential candidates and the remarks they make - and the choices they are leaning toward for their Administration - are reasonable points of debate.
No one is denying that. I just don't find your contention that Sanders and AOC are "idiots" and "dummies" simply because you disagree with them politically, as was the entire basis of your OP, to be reasonable points of debate.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:38 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
I started a thread to show how deranged Bernie's thinking has become, and furthermore, to show just how dangerous the far-left could be (if elected to power). THAT is what has you attacking me with ridiculous claims. Speaking the truth about the far left faction of your Party gets YOU triggered.

Sorry, discussions about presidential candidates and the remarks they make - and the choices they are leaning toward for their Administration - are reasonable points of debate.

The Progressives don't like to be reminded that the candidates and politicians they back are as nutty and irrational as they are. They are EMBARRASSED by themselves. That is also why they hate when Hillary is brought up so the try to CENSOR people about her too. More evidence they are Control Freaks.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:39 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I just don't find your contention that Sanders and AOC are "idiots" and "dummies" simply because you disagree with them politically, as was the entire basis of your OP, to be reasonable points of debate.
Sadly its VERY reasonable to question the IQ of Sanders and AOC, they bring it on themselves.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:42 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Sadly its VERY reasonable to question the IQ of Sanders and AOC, they bring it on themselves.
Again, your opinion, and one which I disagree with. I find them both reasonably intelligent adults. Insulting the intelligence of someone simply because you disagree with their politics is not the basis of a reasonable discussion. It is insulting them to attempt to nullify their opinions. There's a difference.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:44 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Progressives don't like to be reminded that the candidates and politicians they back are as nutty and irrational as they are. They are EMBARRASSED by themselves. That is also why they hate when Hillary is brought up so the try to CENSOR people about her too. More evidence they are Control Freaks.
OK, who is dumber?

Sanders and AOC

or

Trump and Gohmert. And Gohmert passed the bar.

Neither team has a lock on smart people.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:47 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Again, your opinion, and one which I disagree with. I find them both reasonably intelligent adults. Insulting the intelligence of someone simply because you disagree with their politics is not the basis of a reasonable discussion. It is insulting them to attempt to nullify their opinions. There's a difference.
No, they have both said some very questionable and unintelligent things. I don't deny that I disagree with their politics, but there is no shortage of intellectually dishonest and challenged things that have come out of both of their mouths.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:35 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
What is IT with Bernie Sanders and his infatuation with AOC, the most unqualified idiot to ever serve in Congress? He was interviewed with the dummy sitting next to him as he promised that should he win the WH, he would have an important position for AOC to fill.

Even more unbelievably, he said he'd consider her for his VP running mate if she were old enough.

Can these people get any more tone-deaf?

https://ussanews.com/News1/2019/11/1...if-im-elected/
With all the non-qualified people on Trump's cabinet, and Trump himself who has not a clue about the Constitution or even simple civics, you're worried about someone who actually understands how government works? That's funny.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:44 PM

1,411 posts, read 565,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
AOC is whip smart, and hasn't yet been compromised by the corporate lobbyists. Bernie likes that. Keep bad mouthing her, though. She is going to be in the game a long time.
Your threshold for smart must be awfully low.

Old 11-12-2019, 04:21 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Then why should she say 12 and sound like an idiot? Is she so stupid to think that her lefty followers might actually believe that?? Even SHE doesn't believe that.
IDK what she said because i pay her no mind. I thought she needed to find out how the place worked and where the ladies room was before she started pontificating.

But from my reading, people who really keep up with climate think we have 10-15 years to remedy what we are doing. Some think it's already too late.

I tend to believe that. But I believed it when i read that we were to be good stewards of the earth. All this plastic and destruction for natural resources just tells me how selfish humans are. We could do both if we were willing to pay the price.

As it is humans just destroy and then open their front doors and throw their trash out on the rest of the world.

Old 11-12-2019, 04:31 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
What is IT with Bernie Sanders and his infatuation with AOC, the most unqualified idiot to ever serve in Congress? He was interviewed with the dummy sitting next to him as he promised that should he win the WH, he would have an important position for AOC to fill.

Even more unbelievably, he said he'd consider her for his VP running mate if she were old enough.

Can these people get any more tone-deaf?
I'll point out two things:

First, a casual vague comment (I doubt Bernie used the word "promise") a year before an election isn't something to be taken seriously.

Second, you may not like AOC, but she is certainly not dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies