Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 08:22 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Quote from the article is in italics. Pretty clear the way I posted.
The point being I don't see "her first goal is to kill all babies" in the press release. "...an Episcopal priest who has been outspoken about abortion rights, LGBTQ equality, and public policy issues affecting women and families throughout her career." doesn't say that.

That is you choosing to misrepresent. Why make that choice, I'm left to wonder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 08:27 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
The point being I don't see "her first goal is to kill all babies" in the press release. "...an Episcopal priest who has been outspoken about abortion rights, LGBTQ equality, and public policy issues affecting women and families throughout her career." doesn't say that.

That is you choosing to misrepresent. Why make that choice, I'm left to wonder?
1. She is the head of the leading organization for abortion.

Abortion = killing babies. So her goal/job/responsibility is to ensure that as many babies as possible will be aborted. Otherwise she will not have a job. No abortions, no job.

2. A person cannot be pro abortion and pro familiy at the same time. They are incompatible. Family = children. That's just common sense.

I didn't misrepresent anything.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:

Abortion = killing babies. So her goal/job/responsibility is to ensure that as many babies as possible will be aborted. Otherwise she will not have a job. No abortions, no job.

2. A person cannot be pro abortion and pro familiy at the same time. They are incompatible. Family = children. That's just common sense.

That's a bald-faced lie. Not very Christian of you. Tsk, tsk.

The reason you choose to misrepresent is becoming clearer and clearer. I'm not surprised.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:10 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:

Interesting how some conservatives seek to speak for the liberals. And those who want abortion banned seek to speak for the people who support abortion rights.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:40 AM

7,103 posts, read 4,536,107 times
My mom used to say if men got pregnant abortion would be a god given right. She was from the silent generation.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
That's a bald-faced lie. Not very Christian of you. Tsk, tsk.

The reason you choose to misrepresent is becoming clearer and clearer. I'm not surprised.
I'm not Christian, not sure why you assumed that or why you are bringing that up? You have no other argument?

Abortion industry PROMOTES abortions. Otherwise they go out of business. Truth.

Old 11-12-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Interesting how some conservatives seek to speak for the liberals. And those who want abortion banned seek to speak for the people who support abortion rights.
She is the head of the leading organization of professional abortion providers.

So ... does she promote or discourage abortions? Are you really not sure???

Old 11-12-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I'm not Christian, not sure why you assumed that or why you are bringing that up? You have no other argument?

Abortion industry PROMOTES abortions. Otherwise they go out of business. Truth.
Not truth, no matter how many times you say it.

There is a difference between "promoting", i.e. selling the idea, and having a professional organization to try to ensure standards are maintained by providers of a given service, regardless of how polarizing and divisive that service is.

"Not very Christian" is a colloquialism meaning not very good/nice. It's not asserting you're actually a member of a Christian sect.

Old 11-12-2019, 03:06 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Don't like abortions, don't get one. Simple as that.

No one is promoting them.

Abortions are legal and will happen, why is it a bad thing to make sure those that do opt for abortion don't have all the information they need?

Old 11-12-2019, 03:26 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
OP is a Russian troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies