Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2020, 09:17 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I've watched the tidal wave of Californians turn my state I side out. Now from the safety of their Vegas and Clark county population majority they're laughing and telling us here in the North we old school Nevadans are history. And theres nothing we can do about it.

They're going to ensure NV works just like CA. And they're making good on it. If Idaho takes a stand a d fights back tooth and nail I'm good with that.

I day get after it. Dont end up like OR, WA, CO, NM and now AZ and NV. Its GOT to stop.
Trying to sweep away the incoming tide with a broom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 12:38 PM

8,926 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I've watched the tidal wave of Californians turn my state I side out. Now from the safety of their Vegas and Clark county population majority they're laughing and telling us here in the North we old school Nevadans are history. And theres nothing we can do about it.

They're going to ensure NV works just like CA. And they're making good on it. If Idaho takes a stand a d fights back tooth and nail I'm good with that.

I day get after it. Dont end up like OR, WA, CO, NM and now AZ and NV. Its GOT to stop.
Y'all can add TX to that list, starting next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Trying to sweep away the incoming tide with a broom.
We are beginning to have that problem in AR and MO too.
The advance sabotage parties have been deployed on the Arkansas Redit forums
and sometimes show up on the state forums here, too.
I am looking for a solution. (Something less violent than shooting them, preferably.)

Old 02-25-2020, 01:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Y'all can add TX to that list, starting next year.

We are beginning to have that problem in AR and MO too.
The advance sabotage parties have been deployed on the Arkansas Redit forums
and sometimes show up on the state forums here, too.
I am looking for a solution. (Something less violent than shooting them, preferably.)
Theres been increasing talk of N NV and S NV splitting. The South would be a good chunk of Nye county and all of Clark of course. The rest which is all the rural counties except Washoe with Reno/Sparks would be the Norths.

Even with Reno/Sparks, Elko, Carson City and Fallon plus all the towns like Fernely and Yerington we dont touch Ckark county's population. Pahrump is in Nye and its huge. And we're sick of Vegas calling all the shots for the legislature and governor.

We are NOT blue up here. Reno area is a bit more but Carson which is the Capitol is not. Were big rural farms and ranching up here. Our way of life is not compatible with the Vegas mindset. They are CA for all intents and purposes. Lot of bad blood boiling there.

Much like the rural counties in VA looking to split to W VA. N NV wants shut of Vegas. Eastern WA has been putting out rumbles too. Redrawing some state lines wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

Like ya said let's just do it before shots start getting fired. Its close to that now. Were sick of Vegas' crap and all their Californiacation. If they wanna live that way fine. We're sick of them telling us we have to and that theres nothing we can do about it.

Tempers are really flaring around here. Theres a lot of folks more than ready to go to blows. I'm not adverse to the idea of heading to the legislature and governors mansion with trucks loaded with tar feathers and railroad ties. Send them all back to Vegas with a message. That being we dont care how they do it in CA.

More power to Idaho if they do it preemptively. If they need help NNV is on board.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:51 PM

50,241 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I love Idaho. Love hunting there as well. It's a beautiful state. If I were them I wouldn't want California Politics or political views in my state either. I would be "Look what you did to your own state, don't do it to mine."
First thing they'll do is ban types of hunting and protect species that don't need it. But they have to cause "feelers" and they are cute and fuzzy.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:05 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
First thing they'll do is ban types of hunting and protect species that don't need it. But they have to cause "feelers" and they are cute and fuzzy.
Indeed. Elk are all kinds of cute and fuzzy. And ain't no tastier critter on the planet. Elk backstrap marinades and slow grilled over a bed of mouth tain mahogany coals with a sprig of the greens for a smoke.

CA nature nazis not invited to this feed.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:06 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
So he ran on a platform of hatred against other Americans?

Pretty sad this is what our politics has come to.
not Americans. Progressives from California.

There is a difference.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:32 PM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
That doesn't stop Californians who are full of cash after selling their homes and wanting to move where there is some mountainous scenery, such as Idaho. They wouldn't feel at home in the flat lands. So the Plains states for the most part don't have scenery to offer or many great paying jobs, and so are going to be immune from Californians wanting to move in.
When said persons find out places like the Flint Hills and the Badlands exists, said persons will come. Alot of the Dakotas, Kansas, and Oklahoma is flat, but not all of it. Kansas has the Flint Hills, Oklahoma has part of the Ozarks, Arbuckle Mountains, Ouachita, Kiamichi. The Dakotas have the Badlands (and Kansas has its own Badlands). Missouri is very mountainous (Ozarks are there). If Californians want some rugged scenery, even the Plains have some places to see.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:36 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
not Americans. Progressives from California.

There is a difference.
No there isn't. Californians are Americans.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:44 PM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
For as much many don't want Californians in their states, there is little that can be done. California is a U.S. state. Californians are U.S. citizens, therefore, they have a right to travel and live wherever they want in America. Idaho can't legally say "no Californians allowed" or "no persons from other states allowed". Neither can any other state.

Old 02-25-2020, 02:52 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
For as much many don't want Californians in their states, there is little that can be done. California is a U.S. state. Californians are U.S. citizens, therefore, they have a right to travel and live wherever they want in America. Idaho can't legally say "no Californians allowed" or "no persons from other states allowed". Neither can any other state.
25 plus years ago my dad moved from CA to AZ, a more conservative part of AZ, and he told me that one of the very first things he did was to change out his CA license plate to a AZ plate.

I suppose if your keep your mouth shut and don't advertise that you're from CA you'll probably get a pass. I myself want to move to AZ in the next few years, Phoenix area, which probably isn't all that conservative and I hope to blend in if I can. I'm really more of a moderate slight left type of guy, but I find a lot of the political foolishness happening in CA to to be a bit too much for myself.

To the point of the thread, not really sure just how much control people have over where people from California migrate too. Not really, other than word of mouth perhaps, I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies