Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 10:39 PM

8,259 posts, read 6,319,504 times

Advertisements

La Times had a article on this last Sunday, to cold for me. We now have the most far left governor and Democrats in total control, state, county, and city. People are leaving in droves. I'd get out of this God forsaken place too if I was a little younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 10:42 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,326,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well there is nothing you can do about that. No law says "No Californians allowed". No such law is allowed. And I've never been to Arizona. This is the deal. I will decide what is beneficial to me. What you might think of as Arizona being ruined, I wouldn't have any problems. I'm not pro-California, but this "I hate Californians" crap is getting old and it's stupid.
Guy says that's just an opinion.

Then presents own opinion as fact.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:43 PM

29,179 posts, read 22,181,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
In other threads with triggered conservatives trashing California, it's been stated that those leaving are mostly conservatives. Are liberal Californians really flocking to... Idaho?
Yup. Lots of 'em, mostly young and younger. Boise is pulling some of them out of Silicon Valley now, as Boise still has lots more room at the top these days.

Salt Lake City, too.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:48 PM

29,179 posts, read 22,181,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It’s actually not. Boise looks like Reno. But I’m sure houses are cheaper so there’s that. Probably good for retirees.
Ya think?
I've lived in both, and I don't see any similarity to speak of. The countryside is different, and the people are radically different.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:49 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,807,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Guy says that's just an opinion.

Then presents own opinion as fact.
Yep and only the whole world moving in and imposing counter culture and counter politics is acceptable and tolerable.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:52 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,483,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You mean the same platform of hatred that every Democrat in America has been running on for decades, except on steroids since Trump beat Hillary?
Every?

Do you need a hand lifting that broad brush?

Old 11-12-2019, 10:55 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,284,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yep and only the whole world moving in and imposing counter culture and counter politics is acceptable and tolerable.
Hey, there's nothing stopping Californians or any other person moving to Idaho. Tough noogies.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
All Idaho has to do is promise no free stuff.

Problem solved.
Are those seeking free stuff the same people who cashed out of California and created a demand for housing, thus are increasing home values?

Old 11-12-2019, 11:02 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,807,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Hey, there's nothing stopping Californians or any other person moving to Idaho. Tough noogies.
Well if they were decent and benevolent if they did move they wouldn't impose things upon the community. But depending on how the Californian got to California or the US in the first place there are ways to stop it via immigration laws.

Old 11-12-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Read the article... prices are going up too fast and the locals don't make enough money. It's the economics.

His sister had her own business until the Great Recession, when she lost everything and moved in with him. She just bought a house one city over, the only one she could find for about $230,000, and, he said, it’s a piece of you know what. She works in a call center, rents out a room and works craft shows.

“It’s really, really hard to swallow,” he said, “when somebody sells their house in California for $700,000, comes here, buys any house they want in cash and still has money in the bank.

“Their kids get to go to college,” he continued. “They drive nice cars. And they get to enjoy everything we built over the years. We don’t get to enjoy it, because we’re working 40 hours a week and doing craft shows and doing yard sales.”

One salvo in Richey’s battle against newcomers was his property tax proposal, which he called Proposition Zero One Two Three. His basic tenet: The longer you live here, the less you pay. Sixty-year residents would pay no property taxes, while newcomers would shoulder the burden.
Proposition 123 is similar to how California imposes property taxes. In many areas, long term owners pay a pittance while the neighbor who just moved in next door is taxed at current market value.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies