Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2019, 06:14 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It just sad that you imagine these posts are clever.
Eh, I just started ignoring people who basically never contribute anything of substance. It just clutters up threads with white noise. I got a "wannalive" guy on there, a "sea majician" on there, there's a "tall vacationer" on there, there was another guy on there too but I think he got banned. I just look at the post history when I suspect someone never contributes in good faith. To be clear, I care more about whether or not people EVER have anything of substance to contribute versus if they are just "abrasive" or "*******s". I don't mind "*******s" who I disagree with, but "simpletons" are just boring.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:17 AM

996 posts, read 379,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Well we all know Trump will never go under oath unless he was absolutely forced to, but it is just a bit disingenuous to complain about people having 2nd hand knowledge on the FIRST day of testimony before Sondland (who has first hand knowledge) testifies AND while Trump is actively blocking many others with first hand knowledge from testimony.

You guys do understand these aren't the only people testifying under oath and there will be other witnesses including first hand witnesses that corroborate their testimony in the coming weeks right? How very Trumpian to declare victory after 1 day of damning testimony just because the people giving it had no direct contact with Trump.

If what Trump did was not wrong why is Trump blocking testimony from relevant first hand witnesses who would exonerate him? Have you guys ever heard of Occam's razor?
What exactly are all these people " witnesses " to ?

" First hand witnesses " to a conversation that everyone has access to ? Aren't we all then " first hand witnesses " ? Or do you mean these " witnesses " that heard the call live , have a different opinion and perception of the content of the call ?

Old 11-14-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post

" First hand witnesses " to a conversation that everyone has access to ? Aren't we all then " first hand witnesses " ? Or do you mean these " witnesses " that heard the call live , have a different opinion and perception of the content of the call ?
Which witness specifically is your question referring to? You understand that different witnesses observe different events correct?

Old 11-14-2019, 06:18 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Well we all know Trump will never go under oath unless he was absolutely forced to, but it is just a bit disingenuous to complain about people having 2nd hand knowledge on the FIRST day of testimony before Sondland (who has first hand knowledge) testifies AND while Trump is actively blocking many others with first hand knowledge from testimony.

You guys do understand these aren't the only people testifying under oath and there will be other witnesses including first hand witnesses that corroborate their testimony in the coming weeks right? How very Trumpian to declare victory after 1 day of damning testimony just because the people giving it had no direct contact with Trump.

If what Trump did was not wrong why is Trump blocking testimony from relevant first hand witnesses who would exonerate him? Have you guys ever heard of Occam's razor?
Yeah I’m
Sure it will go as well as Comey, Mueler, and now Day 1 of “impeachment”

Old 11-14-2019, 06:20 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Eh, I just started ignoring people who basically never contribute anything of substance. It just clutters up threads with white noise. I got a "wannalive" guy on there, a "sea majician" on there, there's a "tall vacationer" on there, there was another guy on there too but I think he got banned. I just look at the post history when I suspect someone never contributes in good faith. To be clear, I care more about whether or not people EVER have anything of substance to contribute versus if they are just "abrasive" or "*******s". I don't mind "*******s" who I disagree with, but "simpletons" are just boring.

Use scroll for ignore if you feel you can't tolerate opposing points of view.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Yeah I’m
Sure it will go as well as Comey, Mueler, and now Day 1 of “impeachment”
These are the type of vapid, contentless throwaway posts I was just talking about. Boring. No meat to engage with.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:23 AM

996 posts, read 379,337 times
Quote:
Which witness specifically is your question referring to? You understand that different witnesses observe different events correct?
Start with any of them. What did they " witness" ? Specifically, because I didn't glean that from their testimony at all. Yesterday they were asked if they observed an Impeachable Offense . They neglected to answer. So why is anything they " witnessed " relevant ?

Old 11-14-2019, 06:26 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Nothing that needs defending.

The Constitution requires the president to enforce the laws, even if the law breaker is a Democrat primary hopeful.

"he shall take care that the laws be faithfully executed"

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleii

That means the Biden and Son protection racket too!

Strange that Trump never thought to bring up the former director of CIA’s Counterterrorist Center Joe Black who joined Burisma’s board in 2017, surely he must be doing something illegal. He worked on Mitt Romney's campaign so he also must be investigated.

Sure Trump is after corruption if you live in a fantasy world.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Start with any of them. What did they " witness" ? Specifically, because I didn't glean that from their testimony at all.
Start with Sondland then. If you want to know what he said - you can read his testimony for yourself already here: https://www.npr.org/2019/10/17/77071...nt-to-congress

If you want the answer to your question, you will have to do the legwork because this stuff can't be captured in a sound bite or paragraph long post. If you don't have time or capacity to read it you will have to stay uninformed until his public testimony next week. Then you can watch it on the tee vee.

Quote:
Yesterday they were asked if they observed an Impeachable Offense . They neglected to answer.
It is not a witnesses job to determine guilt, the question is a non starter. Witnesses are there to explain the facts as they understand them. It is improper to ask a witness to pronounce a judgement of guilt.

Quote:
So why is anything they " witnessed " relevant ?
If you read all the relevant information you could know the answer to that question for yourself rather than asking from a place of ignorance.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:31 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:

That is why we need to hear from Mulvaney who held up the funds and Sondland. I recall many congressmen were upset at the delay and it was bipartisan including Graham.

Strange I don't recall all this questioning of first hand information when it came to Benghazi and the Clinton Foundation, all they needed was a theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies