Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2019, 12:33 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
(You're following the debate, I assume, with JAMS, who thinks we should forgive illegal aliens for risking American lives by their flagrant violation of serious traffic laws. And yes - a stop sign is serious. Just ask the ghosts of the people who had the right of way when the stop-sign runner went though.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And you rail about me putting words in YOUR mouth?
You're arguing to allow illegal aliens who run red lights and stop signs to stay in this country, so yes.....you are putting their interests ahead of American lives, mister.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:36 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
(You're a man.)
You're batting 0.00 here. As usual.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
You're batting 0.00 here. As usual.
As much as I've enjoyed chatting with a liberal who calls me stupid and racist, I am now going to watch some of the Salem Witch Trial. Have a good day.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:38 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
You're arguing to allow illegal aliens who run red lights and stop signs to stay in this country, so yes.....you are putting their interests ahead of American lives, mister.
Again with putting words in my mouth. I'm arguing that you want to deport people for the horrific crime of running a stop sign, but don't think that same crime is so horrific if an American citizen so endangers other American lives. Those people aren't really all that dangerous, only a Dreamer who does it is.

And I'm not your mister, lady.

Quote:
As much as I've enjoyed chatting with a liberal who calls me stupid and racist, I am now going to watch some of the Salem Witch Trial. Have a good day.
Yes, yes, now that you've been proven wrong you run away. Big surprise.

Old 11-13-2019, 12:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Yes, and AOC started it with her "concentration camp" nonsense. Liberals have been told how insulting and demeaning that it is to Jews, but they don't care. (I don't hear them comparing detention camps to slave quarters, because that would be insulting and demeaning to blacks. But Jews? Eh.)
The comparison is also insulting to anyone else not wanting an open border, but I'm glad you see it as insulting and demeaning too.

Old 11-13-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Again with putting words in my mouth. I'm arguing that you want to deport people for the horrific crime of running a stop sign, but don't think that same crime is so horrific if an American citizen so endangers other American lives. Those people aren't really all that dangerous, only a Dreamer who does it is.

And I'm not your mister, lady.

Yes, yes, now that you've been proven wrong you run away. Big surprise.
I haven't been proven wrong. I just know about that saying "teaching a pig to sing." You're impossible to reason with, so why should I keep wasting my time? You've already demonstrated that you are willing to put American lives at risk in order to keep illegal aliens guilty of reckless behavior in this country.

And yes, I gave up quickly on the hearings. I couldn't stand the Democrats' witch hunt.

Old 11-13-2019, 01:27 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Since we did this to ourselves by not creating and enforcing a rational immigration law, at this point the best policy is an amnesty tied to a new comprehensive immigration law that keeps people out unless they are likely to be immediately self-sufficient. So that means a money requirement, an English language requirement, an education requirement, a health insurance purchase requirement, and a 10 year period of no access to welfare funds of any kind. Plus adequately protected border crossings and a no tolerance policy to illegal invaders.

I would let everyone here stay if going forward the problem were ENDED. Since it is our fault they are here, we have to pay the price and let them stay. I don’t want to live in a country that rounds up people and forcibly removes them, when we told them by our inaction that it was ok for them to be here.

And throwing out someone who arrived here at 6 years old and has done nothing wrong is tyranny. Can’t have that. Let’s trade amnesty for a tough new law that is fully funded and protects us from future invasions.
Who's "we"? Certainly not law abiding Americans and why should we have to accept this nonsense because of the negligence of our government? They owe us not illegal aliens. Amnesty is not in the best interests of our own citizens so the government needs to fix it in our favor not what favors illegal aliens! CIR is amnesty and you know it. None of the penalties or requirements you suggested to allow them remain here does anything to get Americans their jobs back, alleviate the crowded conditions in our schools, jails, hospitals, roads and neighborhoods and the further depletion of our natural and social resources.

The last amnesty produced quadruple the number of illegal aliens today. If you think those in our government who have a vested interest in illegal immigration are going to secure the border in trade for amnesty then you aren't dealing in reality. We need to secure the border with good physical barriers and remove all of the incentives for them to remain here and continue to come here and deport those that refuse to leave as they are found, (no one is suggesting a round up)not amnesty again!

The 6 year old you are referring to was probably brought here illegally by their parents. Deport them along with their parents. What's the problem? Cut the melodramatics! No, no more amnesties and empty promises. Fool me once................

Old 11-13-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
They'd only be caught running a red light. They'd be deported for being here illegally. Of course the one you are replying to spins it another way. Typical!

Old 11-13-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
If a DACA person is a productive member of society, working, keeping out of trouble, paying taxes, I don't have a problem with that person at all. I would rather have that person than an American crack head. Anyone that is not contributing, or has any arrests, should be kicked out.
It doesn't matter what your preference is. Our laws don't agree with you. Citizens can't be deported whether they are crackheads or not. Illegals including the DACAs are here illegally and are supposed to be deported. Why don't you use this argument instead?....... You'd rather have an American working, keeping out of trouble and paying taxes than an illegal alien who is working and paying taxes with a fake or stolen SS number (felonies) and taking a job from an American. That doesn't fit your agenda though, does it? You pick a crackhead American as a defense for your support of illegal aliens and the DACAs?

Old 11-13-2019, 01:44 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,829,691 times
I would only deport non citizens convicted of felony crimes and/or domestic violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies