Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2019, 02:24 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,119,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Walmart employees, except for security, are not allowed to stop shoplifters per store policy. In fact, they have fired employees for doing it. Too much liability if they are wrong.
That may be true, for now, but I've seen store policies shift over the years. Given enough time the pendulum may swing back in the other direction, when shoplifting has gotten entirely out of hand. Kind of like the way Walmart did away with the easy refund policy of 'no receipt, no questions asked'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 03:35 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,779,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Why do you folks shop at Walmart if you don't like it so much?
But if I had the problems you all do at Walmart .....I would be asking myself 'why do I keep going ack?"
People shop there because sometimes its the only store to buy food, clothing and household items near their home. That doesn't mean customers have to like being treated like a criminal every time they shop at Walmart.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:39 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,195,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You just got checked out, blew a wad of cash, then someone rummages through your bags and scrutinizes your purchase. Yeah, nothing bothersome about that..
the first time I went to WalMart, being middle-class, law-abiding and all, I surely was annoyed at the thought. But from then on, I knew they checked receipts and bags.

I know every time I exit Costco, they're checking my receipt. I go there 70x a year. They often don't really check my membership entering, but every time, they check my receipt on the way out.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:41 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times
It annoys me, too, and I've also been an uptick in this behavior at the area Walmart locations.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:42 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I always have my receipt ready at Walmart and Costco.

I have nothing to hide and it only takes a few seconds. There will always be SJWs with chips on their shoulders looking to be offended.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/treated-c...090000205.html
I don't mind it either as I'm not a thief and nothing to hide. However, and unfortunately there is a lot of theft going on in stores these days and I understand why it's done.

At our local Walmart there are a lot of locked cabinets now. Every time I need something under lock and key I have to use the buzzer to get an employee to unlock the cabinet and get it for me. They then take it up to the check stand for you to retrieve later. They even scan it for you in those self-checkout lines as a safety precaution. Welcome to today's world. Too bad that it's come to this but I don't have a chip on my shoulder about it as I know it's nothing personal about me.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No it is not their right, unless there is a signed agreement. Once the goods have been purchased they belong to me and is now my property.
you're still on their property.

please promise me that you'll never be in front of me in any checkout or exit line.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You’ll have to forgive me if I do not find a three-second bag check to be a violation of my rights. I save my outrage for really important things that actually matter.
"first, I let them check my bags at Wal-Mart..."

Old 11-13-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I live in a small town, Our only other grocery store has a limited inventory and it is 60 miles to the next town. Walmart has run most of the small stores out of business.
but you have the freedom to go there!

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I always have my receipt ready at Walmart and Costco.

I have nothing to hide and it only takes a few seconds. There will always be SJWs with chips on their shoulders looking to be offended.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/treated-c...090000205.html
I'm not an SJW, and I just walk right out the door. I don't care what they want to look at, unless you have suspicion that I committed a crime, leave me alone. Not that I go to Wally World all that much - maybe 10 times in my entire life, but each time, I walk right on past them.

2,413 posts, read 2,984,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
"first, I let them check my bags at Wal-Mart..."
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies