Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 03:02 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So much projection, especially since evangelical Christian beliefs are the strongest factor when it comes to whether or not a person accepts or doesn't accept climate science.

Do ANY of your posts not contain something about Christian Evangelicals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 03:07 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Denialism is a religion, climate change is basic science.
The climate always changes.

Old 11-13-2019, 05:05 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,179 times
Originally Posted by odanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The climate always changes.

We need to spend every penny we have, stop using every resource we have, live in the stone age and decrease our lifespans back to 35.

Everything would be perfect!

It's basic science!

Every revolution starts with misinformed youth. Control the youth, control the world. Nothing like placing the future, our future, in the hands of children who believe they know more than anyone else.

Old 11-13-2019, 05:55 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Do ANY of your posts not contain something about Christian Evangelicals?
Christian fundamentalism dominates our politics today and there are few issues where that is more the case than climate science.

Most people refuse to accept that climate change is caused by humans because "Jesus is coming back soon anyways" or "God controls the weather and gave man dominion over the earth so no need to worry." It's astounding that in 2019, grown adults in charge of the USA believe Genesis more than geology and in Revelation more than climate science.

I'm sorry, but for those who don't adhere to a literal reading of the Bible, climate change, pollution, and environmental destruction are major issues and much human suffering is coming down the pipes as a result.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:07 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Christian fundamentalism dominates our politics today and there are few issues where that is more the case than climate science.

Most people refuse to accept that climate change is caused by humans because "Jesus is coming back soon anyways" or "God controls the weather and gave man dominion over the earth so no need to worry." It's astounding that in 2019, grown adults in charge of the USA believe Genesis more than geology and in Revelation more than climate science.

I'm sorry, but for those who don't adhere to a literal reading of the Bible, climate change, pollution, and environmental destruction are major issues and much human suffering is coming down the pipes as a result.
So in answer to the other posters question: No. hehe. t r 0 1!

Anyone pick a problem ... any problem ... um ... okay, okay, I got one ....

Long lines at the pizza shop on Friday nights.

Reason? It's the Christian fundamentalists fault. They have bible study that night and order lots of pizza.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:09 PM

17,606 posts, read 6,894,659 times
This woman is as stupid as they come. What's scarier is the fact that a majority of voting Hawaiians are dumber than she is.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Long lines at the pizza shop on Friday nights.

Reason? It's the Christian fundamentalists fault. They have bible study that night and order lots of pizza.

In that instance, anybody who doesn't want to wait can just go to another pizza restaurant. We don't have another earth in the event the Christian Right is wrong about climate science.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:20 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Be fair brother. You have zealots on both sides. They take beliefs to a religious fervor and demonize any and all who question it.

I believe in Climate change. I believe that it is cyclical and that man exasperates it. More to the point I like clean air and water. Forget the hoopla over the climate, common sense should tell everyone to reduce pollution as much as technology allows.

Be fair many of the climate change messengers are complete hypocrites. People like Gore, the Obama's,, Hollywood whack jobs. Flying around on private jets, massive mansions, huge Limo's, etc. It's hard to take such messengers seriously.

Be like Bill Clinton or Trump giving lectures on respecting women. People would be like, wait, what???

Or like when Hillary said all victims deserve to be believed. I was like whoa that is the last person should be saying that, especially with how she treated her husbands accusers. LOL

The deniers will be be deniers. 120 years ago they would have denied flight was possible. Hell they would have denied it after the Wright Brothers flew. Then they would have dismissed it as a fancy toy. LOL
Deniers are like that.

Old 11-13-2019, 06:22 PM

18,429 posts, read 8,258,982 times
Quote:
In that instance, anybody who doesn't want to wait can just go to another pizza restaurant. We don't have another earth in the event the Christian Right is wrong about climate science.

the fall back position.....when the science it totally wonky....and supported by loons

Old 11-13-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I believe in Climate change. I believe that it is cyclical and that man exasperates it. More to the point I like clean air and water. Forget the hoopla over the climate, common sense should tell everyone to reduce pollution as much as technology allows.
This is the big thing for me. It seems like half the country almost celebrates the dumping of pollutants into the air and water because it "angers the demon-rats" without taking into account that it's their air and their water as well. Maybe they just don't care, but I'm hoping this planet isn't a post-industrial dystopia in 50 years due to a climate catastrophe. Right now, this feels like the opening chapter of a dystopian horror movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies